The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The real story about me.

D

DeletedUser67262

So I have introduced myself briefly but felt like it was time to share who I'm am.
I'm 50 from on the east side of St. Paul, MN. Grow up poor I mean welfare poor, when you're that poor you either see what life has to offer or not.
I had good parents never the less, who worked their asses off to make ends meet.

When I turned 17, it was time to move to L.A. with my two buddies. $500.00 between the three of us, one car, and did not know a soul in Hollywood. I'm not one to give in or turn back when the shit hits the fan, but I was scared out of my mind.
We made it in my shitty car, and we slept in the car four nights. We worked in the hotel business in high school, so we would shower in the hotels when the guest would check out at 11:00. We would wait down the hallway for the guest to leave and get the door before it closed. This was in 1986. Clever PUNKS.

We went to the Roxy one night, and my buddies meet some strip dancers, and they let us stay with them, which was cool. The one got me a job from her client who had a cement business, $15.00 an hour cash. This guy changed my life the way I saw things. We would be working on million dollars homes, the owners where some of the most beautiful people I ever met. My boss was 60 at the time and built, and took good care of me.

As you can image, living with strip dancers had its ups and downs, but overall they were cool women.
Fast forward I lived in the warms states, Ft.Lauderdale, Phoenix, San Diego from 18 to 23. I just moved around so much working any job I could, but I mostly waited tables and odd jobs.

I finally landed in Seattle in 1992 and met my wife, who was a native which was helpful, as I experienced knowing nobody in so many other states. It was time to get a real skill and make some $$. Lucky for me, my wife was well connected to well-adjusted people, and they took me in as one of their own.

I sold cars for a couple of years before the internet, how easy we have it today with the internet.
Next, I did commercial photography for 20 years and have experienced some of the most significant places on earth. My wife had a hair salon with 20 employees and 5000 square feet to run. That shit was a nightmare on wheels. If I was not shooting, I was helping the salon we were money rich, debt poor.

2012 we had to short sell our house, I fought with the bank for over a year, and stopped paying the mortgage of $4000.00 a month. I figured if I could buy a year and save $4000.00 a month and still sell and not have it hurt my credit, why not play the game. This was when I learned about the Scripted bullshit that banks pull. I did so much research I figured I could have put myself through college. My lessoned learned is that you are are on your own on this planet and you better pay attention to the details and asked questions that you question yourself. The bottom line I came out okay on that deal with selling our another asset to. But I fought like tooth & nail.

I have been through just about anything you can think off far as money goes, I've been flat a$$ broke and flush at times. All through this time, I would be reading how to get rich. My first introduction was from a guy named Harv T Erker, which is no bull shit kind of guy which I still respect today. He is little dense on the pump you up stuff.

In the last six years, we ended up selling our assets, leaving us with 1.4 million and moved to Hawaii right away. I was so worried about what to with the money; I could not sleep at night. The money went fast, as my wife did last more than six months in Hawaii, so we moved to Newport Beach, CA, closer to Seattle flight wise.
This was in 2014, where I Started to educate myself with some online education and learn how to create some kind of product. Which I'm happy I did and still working on that and trying to figure out what would be an excellent service, but I do have those skills now.
In the last three years, I built a new 800 square foot home and remodeled a cabin that I rent by the night for extra income. These are all paid for free and clear, with no mortgages. Today I'm sitting on Little money, and wealth of knowledge and need to create my next money making machine online.

Maybe this post was a bit much, but I like this forum and last night I read 150 pages of unscripted .
I feel fortunate today, but the process has another chapter, and I love to work and create wealth.

Thanks for reading my story, and I'm looking forward to hearing from others.
Tim

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kalera

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
May 14, 2019
Damn, what a story..

"I'm not one to give in or turn back when the shit hits the fan, but I was scared out of my mind." That hoit me like a bombshell because that feeling is exactly what I'm going through now..

Best of luck with your next venture!

D

DeletedUser67262

If I can help let me now.

Damn, what a story..

"I'm not one to give in or turn back when the shit hits the fan, but I was scared out of my mind." That hoit me like a bombshell because that feeling is exactly what I'm going through now..

Best of luck with your next venture!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
In the past 6 years during the biggest period of economic growth in a long time, you let 1.4 million slip away? Did you wipe your a$$ with C-notes the whole time?

D

DeletedUser67262

In the past 6 years during the biggest period of economic growth in a long time, you let 1.4 million slip away? Did you wipe your a$$ with C-notes the whole time?
No, I did not let it slip away, I did trust deeds at a 14% return for the year. We did enjoy our selves somewhat as well.
I could just rinse and repeat with my real estate if I really needed the money. But the idea is to stop trading time for money at this point and create a branding business online that give people real value.
I don't have time to be playing around at his age.
T

Jsoh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 16, 2019
California
Thanks for your Insight, Tim. I appreciate your story and glad to connect with you.

learn how to create some kind of product. Which I'm happy I did and still working on that and trying to figure out what would be an excellent service, but I do have those skills now.

What are you looking to get into?

Cheers

mindsetferg

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 29, 2019
California
So I have introduced myself briefly but felt like it was time to share who I'm am.
I'm 50 from on the east side of St. Paul, MN. Grow up poor I mean welfare poor, when you're that poor you either see what life has to offer or not.
I had good parents never the less, who worked their asses off to make ends meet.

When I turned 17, it was time to move to L.A. with my two buddies. $500.00 between the three of us, one car, and did not know a soul in Hollywood. I'm not one to give in or turn back when the shit hits the fan, but I was scared out of my mind.
We made it in my shitty car, and we slept in the car four nights. We worked in the hotel business in high school, so we would shower in the hotels when the guest would check out at 11:00. We would wait down the hallway for the guest to leave and get the door before it closed. This was in 1986. Clever PUNKS.

We went to the Roxy one night, and my buddies meet some strip dancers, and they let us stay with them, which was cool. The one got me a job from her client who had a cement business, $15.00 an hour cash. This guy changed my life the way I saw things. We would be working on million dollars homes, the owners where some of the most beautiful people I ever met. My boss was 60 at the time and built, and took good care of me.

As you can image, living with strip dancers had its ups and downs, but overall they were cool women.
Fast forward I lived in the warms states, Ft.Lauderdale, Phoenix, San Diego from 18 to 23. I just moved around so much working any job I could, but I mostly waited tables and odd jobs.

I finally landed in Seattle in 1992 and met my wife, who was a native which was helpful, as I experienced knowing nobody in so many other states. It was time to get a real skill and make some $$. Lucky for me, my wife was well connected to well-adjusted people, and they took me in as one of their own.

I sold cars for a couple of years before the internet, how easy we have it today with the internet.
Next, I did commercial photography for 20 years and have experienced some of the most significant places on earth. My wife had a hair salon with 20 employees and 5000 square feet to run. That shit was a nightmare on wheels. If I was not shooting, I was helping the salon we were money rich, debt poor.

2012 we had to short sell our house, I fought with the bank for over a year, and stopped paying the mortgage of $4000.00 a month. I figured if I could buy a year and save $4000.00 a month and still sell and not have it hurt my credit, why not play the game. This was when I learned about the Scripted bullshit that banks pull. I did so much research I figured I could have put myself through college. My lessoned learned is that you are are on your own on this planet and you better pay attention to the details and asked questions that you question yourself. The bottom line I came out okay on that deal with selling our another asset to. But I fought like tooth & nail.

I have been through just about anything you can think off far as money goes, I've been flat a$$ broke and flush at times. All through this time, I would be reading how to get rich. My first introduction was from a guy named Harv T Erker, which is no bull shit kind of guy which I still respect today. He is little dense on the pump you up stuff.

In the last six years, we ended up selling our assets, leaving us with 1.4 million and moved to Hawaii right away. I was so worried about what to with the money; I could not sleep at night. The money went fast, as my wife did last more than six months in Hawaii, so we moved to Newport Beach, CA, closer to Seattle flight wise.
This was in 2014, where I Started to educate myself with some online education and learn how to create some kind of product. Which I'm happy I did and still working on that and trying to figure out what would be an excellent service, but I do have those skills now.
In the last three years, I built a new 800 square foot home and remodeled a cabin that I rent by the night for extra income. These are all paid for free and clear, with no mortgages. Today I'm sitting on Little money, and wealth of knowledge and need to create my next money making machine online.

Maybe this post was a bit much, but I like this forum and last night I read 150 pages of unscripted .
I feel fortunate today, but the process has another chapter, and I love to work and create wealth.

Thanks for reading my story, and I'm looking forward to hearing from others.
Tim

Hi Tim,

You've got a book here!

Just extend each of these lessons and periods of your life by going into more details, or sharing the specific takeaways that can benefit your readers, and you have your first book. (Note with Amazon publishing, you only need 26 pages!) And in one of my Nightingale Conant audio courses, I think it was by Joe Vitale (could be someone else), he mentions that one of his most profitable books was less than 30 pages. I assume that is because of how he positioned it to market his business.

Once you get your book out there, you have a lot of beautiful ways you can use it.

Anyway, it is awesome that at 50, even with some awesome successes, you are taking the initiative to leverage platforms like tMF to grow and create that future for yourself. And even with some wins, you are still going! Inspirational, great work.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Great story. I'm curious why you guys moved to Hawaii w/ the money and not another location where expense is less?

D

DeletedUser67262

Thanks for your Insight, Tim. I appreciate your story and glad to connect with you.

What are you looking to get into?

Cheers
Hey Josh, Sorry for the long response. I was thinking about doing photography online course. All though there are a ton of them out there so I would have to really put a spin on it. My older brother just passed away in Phoenix last month so I have been a little busy with that. But time waits for no one so I'm getting my thoughts together on what I could do.
How about you?

D

DeletedUser67262

Hi Tim,

You've got a book here!

Just extend each of these lessons and periods of your life by going into more details, or sharing the specific takeaways that can benefit your readers, and you have your first book. (Note with Amazon publishing, you only need 26 pages!) And in one of my Nightingale Conant audio courses, I think it was by Joe Vitale (could be someone else), he mentions that one of his most profitable books was less than 30 pages. I assume that is because of how he positioned it to market his business.

Once you get your book out there, you have a lot of beautiful ways you can use it.

Anyway, it is awesome that at 50, even with some awesome successes, you are taking the initiative to leverage platforms like tMF to grow and create that future for yourself. And even with some wins, you are still going! Inspirational, great work.

D

DeletedUser67262

Hi Mindsetferg,
Thank you, there are many more details in that story. I really don't much about creating a book for Amazon.
Thank you for the tip I'll be keeping my options open.
Cheers

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007