The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"The Tribe has Spoken"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
"The Tribe has Spoken"

Geez, I haven't watched Survivor in years but that is what I thought when I levied the BAN HAMMER on BryanC ...

In the last few days, I've gotten more "Report Posts" stuff from members regarding BryanC than I did of actual spam. That told me "Problem!"

Mr Bryan has been banned for two weeks, and possibly more as I catch up to all the junk he has posted.

"Report Post" does work!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
lol I thought I was missing some weird inside joke in his posts. Who hasn't done that. Chuckle a bit and look around nervous to see if anyone else knows your friggin clueless.

I guess it was no inside joke, just weird.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Bilge, you're not clueless.

I, too look forward to two whole weeks without BryanC.

I feel like that Lipton iced tea guy falling backward into a pool of cool water

. . . Ahhhhhh . . . .

-Russ H.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
lol I thought I was missing some weird inside joke in his posts. Who hasn't done that. Chuckle a bit and look around nervous to see if anyone else knows your friggin clueless.

I guess it was no inside joke, just weird.

Kinda like...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmsuYeztVbs]YouTube - Homer in the witness protection program[/ame]

Bobo

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Mar 25, 2008
Past experience as a moderator on another forum tells me that two weeks is a reasonable warning but 90% of the time the miscreant in question fails to get a personality transplant during the intervening fortnight.

Goes to Bobo's theory that 95% of all customer relations issues are caused by 2% of the population. Coincidentally, recent studies have conclusively demonstrated that 2% of the population suffers from inoperable recto-cranial inversion. I'm just sayin...

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Good, give him some time to cool off.

What you may want to consider when this forum gets more busy is an infraction system. The forum I mod uses a 5 point infraction system leading up to bans of varying durations depending on the offense. It works perfectly, I can't get over how well this system has worked over the past 18 months. I have been a mod for a long time at this forum and I have never seen it this quite. With an infraction system the trouble makers weed themsevles out.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
A gaming forum that I used to frequent has a karma system in place for self moderation. Basically posts are rated up or down and if the post is rated down far enough it becomes invisible to most users (by default). Also users build up a karma level similar to the speed level here but it can go up or down. Posters with higher karma have more weight whenever they rate a post up or down. The forum is essentially self moderated by the community and it generally works out well.

check out ZAM News for what I'm talking about.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Seems like a good time for this . . .

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
ZDS said:
He gives young people a bad name.
Heck, ZDS, he could be 12. Or 83.

Age is not an issue here.

Stoopid is as stoopid does.

-Russ H.

fanocks2003

Banned
Mar 31, 2008
Sweden
Heck, ZDS, he could be 12. Or 83.

Age is not an issue here.

Stoopid is as stoopid does.

-Russ H.

Stupidness has no defined age. I have met many stupid 50 year olds as I have met many stupid 20 year olds. Some people don't seem to have intelligence. Terrible, but in my world: true.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.