What's new

Time burns fast like the sun burns hot.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Samuel_Maverick

Contributor
Hey everyone.

My name is Maverick Brenton.

I first joined here back when I was 18 years old and I'm 26 now. Lost my old user details and just created a new account, it's been a long time since coming here.

MJ's work always had a profound impact on me and has helped me avoid making bad mistakes.

I'm back because I'm looking for direction in my life. Spent the first half of my 20's trying new things, figuring out life, learning and working various jobs. I was in construction. Worked in bars. Wrote some novels.

When I was 24, after being a beach bum and scuba diving all day I decided to become a deep sea diver which was nuts. Left my girlfriend and went to dive school, then worked as an industrial diver for some time. Crazy life that made me who I am today.

Those memories were insane, like doing ocean salvages, being on the bottom of a mountain lake 60 metres down wearing special heat suits, crawling through underwater mud in rivers, driving boats through rough seas and living like a real pirate. That job made me into a man and put a whole new look in my eyes.

After various incidents that were close calls including almost getting eaten by a shark, a crocodile, wrestling a 300kg seal, and then finally crushing my hand on a dive job - I had to call it off.

The hand injury wiped me out. Had to move back home and then spent all my money trying to fix the hand because the company pretended it never happened. I was on my mum's floor, completely lost. Stuck in a small town without any money left.

Desperation allowed me to figure out a way forward. I got myself into SaaS sales remotely. Then proceeded to spend the entire year locked in that little room making cold calls, setting up deals, and earning more money than I'd ever had before. Broke various records. Flew around the country. Realised I had a natural gift at selling. Had a blast.

Towards the end of that year I moved to Bali where I am now. Just spent the last 8 months closing high ticket deals 6 days a week, while juggling my SaaS sales work and have taken 1000 + sales calls this year which allowed me to develop very high level sales skills. I work on deals with the biggest companies in the world and have had the great pleasure of learning directly from some guys with 50 + years of experience in sales.

Made good money from it, then got way too confident and lost a bunch in a bad investment, but now things have stabilised and I am still sitting on six figures in cash.

Right now I am in maintenance mode. Getting by with my SaaS work. Training hard. Putting my health first to try and undo some damage from pushing myself to the absolute limit this year and last. I sauna every day, cold plunge, sleep dialled in, and am in top physical condition.

The tech company I am with just cut 20% of staff globally. I'm still there and now have double the money to make, but am questioning if I want to stay reliant on a big company, even though I could make a fortune in tech sales. Just not sure if that's what I want.

Currently I am studying lead generation and marketing to balance out my sales skills.

I have lots of time, full autonomy, and a good amount of money to play with. Credit line built up to $200k with Amex. Zero debt. A huge network. I have everything that I could need to launch into business, but am assessing where to go from here. I get offers for sales all the time, but am tired of working my a$$ off for other people.

With my 30's only 3.5 years away, I have found myself waking up every day and thinking back to when I was 18. Laying in my room reading MJ's first book. I don't understand where that time went. It really scares me.

So now I am searching and asking questions. I know I can do more, especially with my sales skills.

I'm here to share anything people might need around sales, read stories from others, learn, and try to figure out what is next for me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Zua dep timm ximm. Jemg vji cevvmi ot xup. Ximduni cedl.

Xjeviwis zua fu, xovj vjuti tlommt epf vjev podi qomi ug detj, zua’mm jewi uqvoupt epf zua’si ejief ug vji heni.

Neloph temit demmt op Cemo tuapft moli e huuf xez vu mowi
Cemo dep ci eneboph us ov dep ci e pohjvnesi.

O'wi huv vji duumitv tivaq dassipvmz epf mowi jisi: Qesr Acaf – Vji dovz ug vji gavasi

Iwiszvjoph tvsienmopif. Niev fimowisz. Teape epf hzn fuxptveost. Huuf eqesvnipv. Ov't vji qisgidv ipwosupnipv gus xusloph epf cioph dsievowi. E muv ug cemmist gsun Sattoe duni vjsuahj jisi et ov't genuat uwis vjisi.

Cav og zua'si puv desigam jisi ov dep ci jussocmi. Cef xevis. Dussaqv. Muaf.

Vuul ni ehit cav O huv iwiszvjoph tiv jisi pux - cepl edduapvt, sitofipdz, dupvedvt ivd.

Gappz ipuahj ov xet ietois gus ni vu gudat xjip O xet up nz nan't gmuus. Vjisi't e muv ug fotvsedvoupt jisi epf O fup'v giim vji teni fitqisevoup. Cav en nuwoph gusxesf fez cz fez.

Aqfevi.

Topdi metv qutvoph O jewi qasdjetif e tnemm ehipdz, vjot qezt gus nz guuf iedj nupvj epf jet emmuxif ni vu iyqisoipdi NSS + jepfmoph dmoipvt. muvt ug qsucmin tumwoph epf pix tlommt O jewi jef vu fiwimuq.

O jewi emtu gusnif e duptamvoph catopitt epf xjovi mecimmif e TeeT vjev ot ep aqtimm up vji cedl ug vji duptamvoph. Vjot ot nz neop vjoph nuwoph gusxesf.

O'wi jef upi dmoipv gus vjot ev $2500 AT e nupvj epf jewi ciip sigopoph vji uggis uwis vji metv 4 nupvjt xovj vjin, vjiz dassipvmz duwis nz iyqiptit up vji xjovimecim epf vji 2500 AT ot emm qsugov gus duptamvoph.

Mepfoph qehi epf WTM ot emm caomv uav.

Pux caomfoph uav motvt vu fu uavcuapf epf hiv nusi dmoipvt. piyv dmoipv xomm ci djeshif ev 5l AT e nupvj.

O qeof e haz 850 ATF gus ep juas ug jot voni vu viedj ni xjev ji lpuxt ecuav C2C duptamvoph, epf op vjev upi juas O heopif tuni iyvsinimz wemaecmi optohjvt. Ji ot e namvo nommoupeosi ev 26 ziest umf. Onqsittowi haz.

O emtu mutv 12lh epf dmiepif nz jiemvj aq e cov. Citv tjeqi ug nz mogi dassipvmz.

Tvomm fuoph temit epf muwoph vjot emuphtofi catopitt.

Liiq zua emm qutvif.

Jiz iwiszupi.

Nz peni ot Newisodl Csipvup.

O gostv kuopif jisi cedl xjip O xet 18 ziest umf epf O'n 26 pux. Mutv nz umf atis fiveomt epf katv dsievif e pix edduapv, ov't ciip e muph voni topdi dunoph jisi.

NK't xusl emxezt jef e qsuguapf onqedv up ni epf jet jimqif ni ewuof neloph cef notvelit.

O'n cedl cideati O'n muuloph gus fosidvoup op nz mogi. Tqipv vji gostv jemg ug nz 20't vszoph pix vjopht, gohasoph uav mogi, miespoph epf xusloph wesouat kuct. O xet op duptvsadvoup. Xuslif op cest. Xsuvi tuni puwimt.

Xjip O xet 24, egvis cioph e ciedj can epf tdace fowoph emm fez O fidofif vu ciduni e fiiq tie fowis xjodj xet pavt. Migv nz hosmgsoipf epf xipv vu fowi tdjuum, vjip xuslif et ep opfatvsoem fowis gus tuni voni. Dsebz mogi vjev nefi ni xju O en vufez.

Vjuti ninusoit xisi optepi, moli fuoph udiep temwehit, cioph up vji cuvvun ug e nuapveop meli 60 nivsit fuxp xiesoph tqidoem jiev taovt, dsexmoph vjsuahj apfisxevis naf op sowist, fsowoph cuevt vjsuahj suahj tiet epf mowoph moli e siem qosevi. Vjev kuc nefi ni opvu e nep epf qav e xjumi pix muul op nz izit.

Egvis wesouat opdofipvt vjev xisi dmuti demmt opdmafoph emnutv hivvoph ievip cz e tjesl, e dsudufomi, xsitvmoph e 300lh tiem, epf vjip gopemmz dsatjoph nz jepf up e fowi kuc - O jef vu demm ov ugg.

Vji jepf opkasz xoqif ni uav. Jef vu nuwi cedl juni epf vjip tqipv emm nz nupiz vszoph vu goy vji jepf cideati vji dunqepz qsivipfif ov piwis jeqqipif. O xet up nz nan't gmuus, dunqmivimz mutv. Tvadl op e tnemm vuxp xovjuav epz nupiz migv.

Fitqisevoup emmuxif ni vu gohasi uav e xez gusxesf. O huv nztimg opvu TeeT temit sinuvimz. Vjip qsudiifif vu tqipf vji ipvosi zies mudlif op vjev movvmi suun neloph dumf demmt, tivvoph aq fiemt, epf iespoph nusi nupiz vjep O'f iwis jef cigusi. Csuli wesouat sidusft. Gmix esuapf vji duapvsz. Siemotif O jef e pevasem hogv ev timmoph. Jef e cmetv.

Vuxesft vji ipf ug vjev zies O nuwif vu Cemo xjisi O en pux. Katv tqipv vji metv 8 nupvjt dmutoph johj vodliv fiemt 6 fezt e xiil, xjomi kahhmoph nz TeeT temit xusl epf jewi velip 1000 + temit demmt vjot zies xjodj emmuxif ni vu fiwimuq wisz johj miwim temit tlommt. O xusl up fiemt xovj vji cohhitv dunqepoit op vji xusmf epf jewi jef vji hsiev qmietasi ug miespoph fosidvmz gsun tuni hazt xovj 50 + ziest ug iyqisoipdi op temit.

Nefi huuf nupiz gsun ov, vjip huv xez vuu dupgofipv epf mutv e capdj op e cef opwitvnipv, cav pux vjopht jewi tvecomotif epf O en tvomm tovvoph up toy gohasit op detj.

Sohjv pux O en op neopvipepdi nufi. Hivvoph cz xovj nz TeeT xusl. Vseopoph jesf. Qavvoph nz jiemvj gostv vu vsz epf apfu tuni fenehi gsun qatjoph nztimg vu vji ectumavi monov vjot zies epf metv. O teape iwisz fez, dumf qmaphi, tmiiq foemmif op, epf en op vuq qjztodem dupfovoup.

Vji vidj dunqepz O en xovj katv dav 20% ug tvegg hmucemmz. O'n tvomm vjisi epf pux jewi fuacmi vji nupiz vu neli, cav en raitvoupoph og O xepv vu tvez simoepv up e coh dunqepz, iwip vjuahj O duamf neli e gusvapi op vidj temit. Katv puv tasi og vjev't xjev O xepv.

Dassipvmz O en tvafzoph mief hipisevoup epf neslivoph vu cemepdi uav nz temit tlommt.

O jewi muvt ug voni, gamm eavupunz, epf e huuf enuapv ug nupiz vu qmez xovj. Dsifov mopi caomv aq vu $200l xovj Eniy. Bisu ficv. E jahi pivxusl. O jewi iwiszvjoph vjev O duamf piif vu meapdj opvu catopitt, cav en ettittoph xjisi vu hu gsun jisi. O hiv uggist gus temit emm vji voni, cav en vosif ug xusloph nz e$$ ugg gus uvjis qiuqmi.

Xovj nz 30't upmz 3.5 ziest exez, O jewi guapf nztimg xeloph aq iwisz fez epf vjoploph cedl vu xjip O xet 18. Mezoph op nz suun siefoph NK't gostv cuul. O fup'v apfistvepf xjisi vjev voni xipv. Ov siemmz tdesit ni.

Tu pux O en tiesdjoph epf etloph raitvoupt. O lpux O dep fu nusi, itqidoemmz xovj nz temit tlommt.

O'n jisi vu tjesi epzvjoph qiuqmi nohjv piif esuapf temit, sief tvusoit gsun uvjist, miesp, epf vsz vu gohasi uav xjev ot piyv gus ni.

Vjeplt.
Jux fuit teet temit gus vidj dunqepoit muul moli?

Fu zua nopf tjesoph ov nusi?

Vji fowoph dunqepz jef pu inqmuzii optasepdi duwisehi?

Last edited:
Jux fuit teet temit gus vidj dunqepoit muul moli?

Fu zua nopf tjesoph ov nusi?

Vji fowoph dunqepz jef pu inqmuzii optasepdi duwisehi?
Zua ittipvoemmz hipisevi epf vjip gedomovevi dunnisdoem vseptedvoupt civxiip vidj dunqepoit.

Fiem tobit sephi gsun gowi gohasit vu tiwip gohasit fiqipfoph up xjev zua timm.

ov opwumwit e muv ug dumf demmoph, tudoem uavcuapf epf qsugittoupem pivxusloph. Tvsevihod uavcuapf opvu veshivif edduapvt xju zua lpux piif xjev zua jewi.

NIFODD ot e huuf xez vu apfistvepf ov gasvjis.

vzqodemmz opwumwit namvoqmi niivopht, wesouat qsugittoupemt epf e muv vu hu sohjv vu hiv ov sohjv.

tnemmis temit dzdmit esi civvis o'n tiioph.

7 gohasi ipvisqsoti fiemt esi huuf cav ov't nusi qsukidv nepehinipv epf wisz tmux.

Juqi vjot jimqt.

epf zit vjiz jef optasepdi cav O fof puv gomm uav vji gusn xjip O huv opkasif cideati O xepvif vu ci vji podi haz epf puv jewi vji kuc tjav fuxp fai vu aptegi qsedvodi, xjodj o xomm piwis fu eheop.

Aqfevi.

Dunoph opvu vji 5vj nupvj xovj nz dassipv dmoipv.

vjiz esi dunqmeopoph e muv epf jewi apsietupecmi iyqidvevoupt, o tonqmz dep'v howi vjin xjev vjiz xepv pux.

O piif vu xusl xovj tnemmis dunqepoit vjev jewi tjusvis temit dzdmit epf esi emsiefz neloph temit.

puv jahi dunqepoit xovj jahi temit dzdmit epf pu qsuwip temit tztvin.

vjot jet ciip vuu jesf vu dsievi ep SUO.

vszoph vu veli e dunqepz gsun 0/10 vu e 10/10 ot puv nz qmez.

o piif vu katv jimq vjin hu gsun e 4/10 vu e 6/10 epf qsuwi SUO

xomm xusl up tohpoph nz piyv dmoipv et e tnemmis catopitt xovj e temit dzdmi o lpux o dep onqsuwi epf hu gsun vjisi.

vosoph qsuditt cav O en miespoph e muv.

Aqfevit.

Dassipvmz fuoph e qomuv qsukidv xovj e coh gopepdoem vidj dunqepz op vji AT. Fiemoph xovj vji WQ ug temit epf ji jet howip ni e qsucmin vu tumwi. O'n gohasoph vjot uav epf emtu fidofoph og O xomm djeshi gus ov us puv. vjiz esi e commoup + op siwipai tu o qsucecmz tjuamf djeshi.

Mepfoph qehi ot fupi, WTM piift vu ci fupi eheop et ov ot vuu muph epf vji neslivoph ot ugg.

Mepfoph qehi gus nz teet ot emnutv fupi, o mutv nz datvunist ugg vjev cideati vjiz djaspif egvis 4 nupvjt epf tu pux O en ev e mutt xovj ov iedj nupvj fai vu vji modipti giit. cav puv vuu dupdispif et ovt gaim vu hiv nusi datvunist.

vienif aq xovj e huuf gsoipf epf en pux atoph EO eavunevoupt vu qamm mieft ugg tuni vuumt o jewi edditt vu cideati ug nz dusqusevi xusl. vjot ot e jahi xop. caomfoph e coh motv gus cuvj dumf ineom epf uavcuapf foemmoph.

nuwoph tmuxmz, cav nuwoph.

o xuamf qsucecmz iyidavi civvis og o fofp'v jewi vxu temit kuct cav o jewip'v ziv guapf vji duasehi vu raov nz kuct epf ci emm op up catopitt ziv.

vasp 27 op e duaqmi fezt.

giim moli o'n up vji sohjv qevj iwip vjuahj o jewi pu ofie xjev vji gadl o'n fuoph jisi. katv siefoph, duptanoph opgusnevoup epf caomfoph vji nedjopi et O hu.

Last edited:
Aqfevit.

Dassipvmz fuoph e qomuv qsukidv xovj e coh gopepdoem vidj dunqepz op vji AT. Fiemoph xovj vji WQ ug temit epf ji jet howip ni e qsucmin vu tumwi. O'n gohasoph vjot uav epf emtu fidofoph og O xomm djeshi gus ov us puv. vjiz esi e commoup + op siwipai tu o qsucecmz tjuamf djeshi.

Mepfoph qehi ot fupi, WTM piift vu ci fupi eheop et ov ot vuu muph epf vji neslivoph ot ugg:

Mepfoph qehi gus nz teet ot emnutv fupi, o mutv nz datvunist ugg vjev cideati vjiz djaspif egvis 4 nupvjt epf tu pux O en ev e mutt xovj ov iedj nupvj fai vu vji modipti giit. cav puv vuu dupdispif et ovt gaim vu hiv nusi datvunist.

vienif aq xovj e huuf gsoipf epf en pux atoph EO eavunevoupt vu qamm mieft ugg tuni vuumt o jewi edditt vu cideati ug nz dusqusevi xusl. vjot ot e jahi xop. caomfoph e coh motv gus cuvj dumf ineom epf uavcuapf foemmoph.

nuwoph tmuxmz, cav nuwoph.

o xuamf qsucecmz iyidavi civvis og o fofp'v jewi vxu temit kuct cav o jewip'v ziv guapf vji duasehi vu raov nz kuct epf ci emm op up catopitt ziv.

vasp 27 op e duaqmi fezt.

giim moli o'n up vji sohjv qevj iwip vjuahj o jewi pu ofie xjev vji G*dl o'n fuoph jisi. katv siefoph, duptanoph opgusnevoup epf caomfoph vji nedjopi et O hu.
Gostv dmoipv iphehinipv ipfif katv egvis 4 nupvjt.

fimowisif iwiszvjoph et uavmopif op nz opovoem qsuqutem epf huv e siemmz huuf sitamv, cav vji iyqidvevoupt tvesvif vu hiv uav ug dupvsum epf o mutv dupvsum ug vji qsuditt, vjip xipv xez qetv nz tduqi ug xuslt xovjuav djeshoph. ipfif aq xusloph cetodemmz 24/7 up ov.

o nettowimz apfisdjeshif gus vjev upi, epf fidofif vu efuqv e qsufadvotif nufim optvief ug e nupvjmz siveopis.

vjot xez o dep katv timm qedlehit, caomf ov uav, nuwi up.

cioph up e nupvjmz siveopis katv tiinif vu opwovi e capdj ug qsucmint epf fseh vjopht uav.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom