The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Tin Foil Hat Time: Are Aliens Here?

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Who do you think built the pyramids, and why? I agree with Graham Hancock's "conspiracy theory" that someone created them to warn future generations. The warning is that every 13,000 years, a 300-year period of meteorite bombardment resets humanity. The pyramids are built to last forever and have much information built into their design. For example, how they are arranged matches how certain stars would have appeared right after the last bombardment. They seem to be built to grab your attention and inspire you to determine how and why they were made. If you could decipher their construction, you would know enough to prepare for the next bombardment.

This theory explains a lot of ancient stuff they have found, like underground cities that seem designed to house many people for short periods (Winter times would have the worst). Our ancestors were obsessed with tracking everything in the sky. Unexplained phenomena like how the pyramid's stones were cut, moved, and fit together. Most cultures and religions speak of one or more past apocalypses.

It is also compatible with the "big stomach theory" that the Earth's atmosphere is a big stomach and digests everything except stone within 10,000 years. Scientists believe everything humanity makes will decay, with the Hoover Dam taking the longest at 10,000 years. So, there could have been a human civilization exactly like ours 13,000 years ago, and as of 3,000 years ago, no trace of it would exist. Hancock believes that the only people who would survive a cataclysm would be those living out in remote jungles worldwide because they would be the only ones who knew how to survive without modern gadgetry. Survivors would seek out these people to live among them and teach them advanced knowledge, which is what our ancestors say happened.

If Hancock is correct, we have about 300 years to pay off the national debt before the poop hits the fan. We should go with dignity if we have to go.
The idea that some 10.000 workers somehow have put together with uber-modern precision 2.000.000+ (2.5 tons each) blocks using only ropes, ramps and rollers is 100% ridiculous. Yet "that is the most plausible according to experts".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 12, 2022
The idea that some 10.000 workers somehow have put together with uber-modern precision 2.000.000+ (2.5 tons each) blocks using only ropes, ramps and rollers is 100% ridiculous. Yet "that is the most plausible according to experts".

The notion that the pyramids are technologically advanced in any way is nonsense. They are impressive because they took a lot of labor. That's it.

Most people today are so far removed from manual labor that they have no idea what people are physically capable of doing with simple tools

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
The notion that the pyramids are technologically advanced in any way is nonsense. They are impressive because they took a lot of labor. That's it.

Most people today are so far removed from manual labor that they have no idea what people are physically capable of doing with simple tools
I'm actually more impressed that disconnected societies across oceans like the Egyptians, Mayans, people of Teotihuacan could create similar structures. There had to be shared knowledge and I'm wondering from who?

Last edited:

The Sandman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 12, 2022
I'm actually more impressed that disconnected societies across oceans like the Egyptians, Mayans, people of Teotihuacan could create similar structures. There had to be shared knowledge and I'm wondering from who?

Physics. They're a simple, naturally-stable shape much like you get from pouring sand in a pile.

540e626f19888.image.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

random_username

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Mar 19, 2024
I think it was my grandfather, or some of his friends that told me this when I was a kid. Guys that lived through WWII in Eastern Europe, and various "fun" regimes, stuff we can't even imagine. Sometimes the question should be, if this is on the news, what isn't?

I personally subscribe to Dark forest theory and that FTL doesn't and won't exist. I'm more scared of all those ultra-rich, more-money-than-god, nothing-better-to-do-than-change-the-world people are doing. But that's another topic, kinda.

As for how they built big structures, it makes sense to me that they used slave labor. Historically that always seemed as the price for our progress. There is always some neighbor country that has less money and slightly browner people we can use for that. And when you go looking, you see it everywhere. But hey, at least Messi won his World Cup, look at this beautiful stadium, we finally know who our GOAT is? Right?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.