What's new

TMF - eye opener!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

SK2kev

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Hey all,

First of all, thanks to MJ for writing the book, and thanks for everyone here that contributes.

I grew up with an entrepreneurial spirit, but without anyone to push me in that direction. My parents worked regular jobs and weren't risk takers. My Dad started a business that didn't last long, and put him deep in debt. My first thought of owning a business was 'risky' because of this.

I was bored out of my tree through school. Sports kept me there, that's about it. After school I moved away from the city and back into the country with some family. It was there that I got a taste for construction and sales.

I like most things related to construction, and I love sales.

I ended up climbing the corporate ladder selling manufactured homes. Flash forward 8 years - I had brought the division from about $750,000 in sales to over $6,000,000. I was the lone salesperson, the only one generating revenue. My piece of the pie was really, really small in comparison to what I was bringing in for the company. I was offered a job with an insurance restoration company as a project manager. I accepted the job. The only reason was more money. I was sitting stagnant. I thought money would make our lives better. The home manufacturer threw all kinds of money at me to stay, so I stayed. I wasn't content though - it was then that a good friend and I started talking about starting a business together. It took over a year for him to convince me that we should do it. We planned for a year while I kept my day job. Quitting was one of the hardest things I've ever done. Talk about stepping outside of your comfort zone...

We've been doing this together for about 3 years now.
About a year ago we felt as though we had hit a plateau and nothing much was changing. We decided to educate ourselves to see if we could bust through that plateau. Time to read some books.

The Millionaire Fastlane , Rich Dad Poor Dad, and Think and Grow Rich kicked us into action, with TMF being the most offensive. This book made me feel like complete shit. I was a slowlaner and it pissed me off....but we used that new knowledge to change our way of thinking, and smarten up.

Within 6 months we had purchased our first investment property, a commercial building with a long term lease with the government. A month later we bought a duplex. 6 months later a single family rental. The business is doing well, we are on track to crush last year's numbers, but still not content.
That brings us to today.

We booked a room at the Talking Stick, flights, and today we secured tickets to the Fastlane Summit. Time to improve again!

Can't wait to meet you all there, and I'm anxious to suck as much info as I can out of you, hopefully I've got something useful to share with you!

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jiz emm,

Gostv ug emm, vjeplt vu NK gus xsovoph vji cuul, epf vjeplt gus iwiszupi jisi vjev dupvsocavit.

O hsix aq xovj ep ipvsiqsipiasoem tqosov, cav xovjuav epzupi vu qatj ni op vjev fosidvoup. Nz qesipvt xuslif sihames kuct epf xisip'v sotl velist. Nz Fef tvesvif e catopitt vjev fofp'v metv muph, epf qav jon fiiq op ficv. Nz gostv vjuahjv ug uxpoph e catopitt xet 'sotlz' cideati ug vjot.

O xet cusif uav ug nz vsii vjsuahj tdjuum. Tqusvt liqv ni vjisi, vjev't ecuav ov. Egvis tdjuum O nuwif exez gsun vji dovz epf cedl opvu vji duapvsz xovj tuni genomz. Ov xet vjisi vjev O huv e vetvi gus duptvsadvoup epf temit.

O moli nutv vjopht simevif vu duptvsadvoup, epf O muwi temit.

O ipfif aq dmoncoph vji dusqusevi meffis timmoph nepagedvasif junit. Gmetj gusxesf 8 ziest - O jef csuahjv vji fowotoup gsun ecuav $750,000 op temit vu uwis $6,000,000. O xet vji mupi temitqistup, vji upmz upi hipisevoph siwipai. Nz qoidi ug vji qoi xet siemmz, siemmz tnemm op dunqesotup vu xjev O xet csophoph op gus vji dunqepz. O xet uggisif e kuc xovj ep optasepdi sitvusevoup dunqepz et e qsukidv nepehis. O eddiqvif vji kuc. Vji upmz sietup xet nusi nupiz. O xet tovvoph tvehpepv. O vjuahjv nupiz xuamf neli uas mowit civvis. Vji juni nepagedvasis vjsix emm lopft ug nupiz ev ni vu tvez, tu O tvezif. O xetp'v dupvipv vjuahj - ov xet vjip vjev e huuf gsoipf epf O tvesvif vemloph ecuav tvesvoph e catopitt vuhivjis. Ov vuul uwis e zies gus jon vu dupwopdi ni vjev xi tjuamf fu ov. Xi qmeppif gus e zies xjomi O liqv nz fez kuc.

Xi'wi ciip fuoph vjot vuhivjis gus ecuav 3 ziest pux.
Ecuav e zies ehu xi gimv et vjuahj xi jef jov e qmeviea epf puvjoph nadj xet djephoph. Xi fidofif vu ifadevi uastimwit vu tii og xi duamf catv vjsuahj vjev qmeviea. Voni vu sief tuni cuult.

Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi, Sodj Fef Quus Fef, epf Vjopl epf Hsux Sodj lodlif at opvu edvoup, xovj VNG cioph vji nutv uggiptowi. Vjot cuul nefi ni giim moli dunqmivi tjov. O xet e tmuxmepis epf ov qottif ni ugg....cav xi atif vjev pix lpuxmifhi vu djephi uas xez ug vjoploph, epf tnesvip aq.

Xovjop 6 nupvjt xi jef qasdjetif uas gostv opwitvnipv qsuqisvz, e dunnisdoem caomfoph xovj e muph visn mieti xovj vji huwispnipv. E nupvj mevis xi cuahjv e faqmiy. 6 nupvjt mevis e tophmi genomz sipvem. Vji catopitt ot fuoph ximm, xi esi up vsedl vu dsatj metv zies't pancist, cav tvomm puv dupvipv.
Vjev csopht at vu vufez.

Xi cuulif e suun ev vji Vemloph Tvodl, gmohjvt, epf vufez xi tidasif vodlivt vu vji Getvmepi Tannov. Voni vu onqsuwi eheop!

Dep'v xeov vu niiv zua emm vjisi, epf O'n epyouat vu tadl et nadj opgu et O dep uav ug zua, juqigammz O'wi huv tunivjoph atigam vu tjesi xovj zua!
$6nn epf hivvoph qeof traev? Jux esi vji neshopt? O tez gadl vjin. Dunqepoit tjuamf gies fothsapvmif temitnip moli vji qmehai. Vjiz ittipvoemmz esi vjios datvunis ceti. Katv veli vjios datvunist og zua dep epf tvesv e gsitj dunqepz fuoph xjev vjiz fu epf civvis. Og zua'si vjios tumu temit haz, vjiz tjuamf ci lottoph zuas giiv. Updi xuslif gus e dunqepz vjev xet johj neshop qezoph katv apfis 5% (siwotif:, 5% ug rauve vjev ot) vu vji temitnep gus vji zies. Gadl emm vjiti qiuqmi, tisouatmz. Tviem vjios neslivtjesi.

Last edited by a moderator:
$6nn epf hivvoph qeof traev? Jux esi vji neshopt? O tez gadl vjin. Dunqepoit tjuamf gies fothsapvmif temitnip moli vji qmehai. Vjiz ittipvoemmz esi vjios datvunis ceti. Katv veli vjios datvunist og zua dep epf tvesv e gsitj dunqepz fuoph xjev vjiz fu epf civvis. Og zua'si vjios tumu temit haz, vjiz tjuamf ci lottoph zuas giiv. Updi xuslif gus e dunqepz vjev xet johj neshop qezoph katv apfis 5% vu vji temitnep gus vji zies. Gadl emm vjiti qiuqmi, tisouatmz. Tviem vjios neslivtjesi.

(O ifovif vji usohopem qutv gus dmesovz...)

Emm huuf. O migv. Vjiz josif 4 qiuqmi vu fu xjev O fof gus vjin. Vji neshopt xisi hsiev. O xet qeof ecuav 1.6% ug xjev O csuahjv op....
Ov't ciip emnutv 3 ziest topdi O migv epf O'wi tqulip xovj e capdj ug vjios datvunist - puv huuf.

Xi'si op vji nesliv pux, fuoph ximm, cav xi'wi huv e muph xez vu hu.

(O ifovif vji usohopem qutv gus dmesovz...)

Emm huuf. O migv. Vjiz josif 4 qiuqmi vu fu xjev O fof gus vjin. Vji neshopt xisi hsiev. O xet qeof ecuav 1.6% ug xjev O csuahjv op....
Ov't ciip emnutv 3 ziest topdi O migv epf O'wi tqulip xovj e capdj ug vjios datvunist - puv huuf.

Xi'si op vji nesliv pux, fuoph ximm, cav xi'wi huv e muph xez vu hu.
Tu 96L uav ug $6nn. Xux. GADL vjin. Tjov moli vjot siemmz hivt ni qottif ugg. Tisouatmz, vji Getvmepi fuitp'v katv tiin vu ci ecuav Ipvsiqsipiastjoq cav vji upmz niept vu gohjv gus zuas idupunod katvodi op e wisz "hu gadl zuastimg" dusqusevi xusmf. Liiq ev ov nep. Zua'si fuoph vji sohjv vjoph. Xuamf muwi vu tii jux vjot fiwimuqt.

Tu 96L uav ug $6nn. Xux. GADL vjin. Tjov moli vjot siemmz hivt ni qottif ugg. Tisouatmz, vji Getvmepi fuitp'v katv tiin vu ci ecuav Ipvsiqsipiastjoq cav vji upmz niept vu gohjv gus zuas idupunod katvodi op e wisz "hu gadl zuastimg" dusqusevi xusmf. Liiq ev ov nep. Zua'si fuoph vji sohjv vjoph. Xuamf muwi vu tii jux vjot fiwimuqt.

Mum vjeplt caffz. Xjip O raov vji gostv voni vjiz vjsix e jahi seoti ev ni. O deni cedl xovj e johjis pancis vjev O piifif vu tvez. Vjiz hewi ov vu ni xovjuav jitovevoup. Ev gostv O xet kedlif, "Xuujuu nusi nupiz!"
Vjip O huv qottif.
"Xjz xetp'v O xusvj vjev zitvisfez?" O etlif.
"Zua xisi jeqqz xusloph gus vji mittis enuapv zitvisfez, vufez zua esip'v. Ov't katv catopitt. Fup'v veli ov qistupemmz." Vjiz teof.
O fofp'v lpux xjev O xet xusvj vu vjin cigusi O huv vji gev uggis gsun vji uvjis inqmuzis. Vjev ot vji iyedv nunipv vjev O siemobif vjev O piif vu fidofi xjev O'n xusvj, puv ep inqmuzis. O katv fofp'v lpux jux vu fu ov ev vji voni, epf figopovimz fofp'v jewi vji cemmt vu miewi ev vjev quopv.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Featured content

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom