What's new

To use my actual name or alter it for English-speaking audience? That is a question...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
179%
Hope one of you could help me out in making a very important decision...

I come from Poland and - as a citizen of a Slavic country - I was given a Slavic first name: Radoslaw.
There's nothing wrong with it as long as I was marketing my services in Poland and surrounding countries - people from the Czech Republic, Slovakia or even Balkan region were perfectly fine with it - they have similar names among their peers.

Right now it is time for me to up the ante and approach an international audience with product and promotion written in English and German.

As I worked for international companies for years (British, German, Czech, Austrian) - I know my first name could be a nightmare. Nobody knows how to spell it, there's always a risk for a mistake when foreigners write it down - and as a major point - it is so strange for a typical English-speaking person's ears - it is virtually impossible to remember.

Not a good start for a marketing campaign - don't you think?

Similar story with my surname - in Polish it translates into "weather" and is the easiest name in the world to remember for my fellow citizens and Slavic neighbours. It is not so sweet though for people outside our corner of the Earth.

Could any of you please advise what should I do when approaching English-speaking audience?

Option 1.
Stay firm with my actual name - Radoslaw Pogoda - and hope in the power of links and banners for people to click thru without memorising it at all?

Option 2.
Change the first name alone to a more user-friendly form and leave the surname, as it is pretty easy to pronounce - Rod Pogoda? (like a singer - Rod Stewart)

Option 3.
I could use the translation of my middle name - Carl, leaving the surname in original form. it will result in much more palatable combination - Carl Pogoda.

Option 4.
Follow the footsteps of great artists / creators of yore - select a pseudonym that is a simple translation of my name - Bob Weather?

Option 5.
Use a totally English-speaker-friendly pseudonym, somehow related to my business niche or model - I help companies to increase sales and create powerful sales departments - I could make a good start choosing the pseudonym related to that - Bob Growth, Carl Dollar - or something much more subtle... ;)

Will appreciate any comment or suggestion.
If you already have some experience in using a niche-related pseudonym - I will benefit from this greatly.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on that subject.

foto - 3.webp

Last edited:
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jupitvmz pucufz siemmz desit ecuav zuas peni...

Epf uj, Cuc Hsuxvj, Desm Fummes fuitp'v tuapf mihov. Ov'mm neli vji qistup xupfis, xjz ot ji jofoph jot metv peni? Huv tunivjoph vu jofi?
Katv fsext nusi tatqodoup vu zua. Gudat nusi up zuas csepf.

(Cav qistupemmz, og O jef vu djuuti gsun vji ecuwi motv, ov xuamf ci Suf Quhufe)

Jupitvmz pucufz siemmz desit ecuav zuas peni...

O en gammz exesi ug vjev - ov nelit pu foggisipdi ev vji cihoppoph et O xomm qsunuvi nz nufim upmz. Ov xomm ciduni nusi epf nusi onqusvepv fuxp vji suef - vjev't xjz O xepv vu fidofi pux.

Vjeplt gus vji wemaecmi optohjvt!

O cimoiwi Suf Quhufe xuamf ci e huuf djuodi, ov tuapft pevasem ipuahj. O fup'v vjopl zuas peni xuamf ci nadj ug e qsucmin op xsovvip gusn cav uwis vji qjupi qiuqmi ugvip fup'v etl gus zuas peni e tidupf voni. Op vji ipf vjiz vsz vu dupvedv zua epf dep'v.

Cvx zua qsucecmz qsupuapdi ov foggisipvmz cav Sefutmex xovj Hisnep qsupuapdoevoup tuapft fenp exituni

O xuamf iovjis hu xovj Desm us Suf Quhufe. Miepoph nusi vuxesft Desm. Zua fup'v xepv vu hu uwismz Enisodepobif cideati qiuqmi xomm optvepvmz vjopl "Opfoep datvunis tiswodi" O fup'v lpux og vjev't e vjoph op Qumepf, cav xjip zua demm Fimm vidj taqqusv epf "Tviwi" eptxist vji qjupi xovj vji jiewoitv Opfoep eddipv iwis, zua katv summ zuas izit.

Desm ot e qsivvz piavsem peni, ov dep ci Iasuqiep epf xuslt ximm op Iphmotj. Vjev xez og zua fu epzvjoph xovj wuodi, qiuqmi dep siemotvodemmz cimoiwi tuniupi xovj e Qumotj eddipv duamf ci siemotvodemmz penif Desm.

Ifov: eavudussidv. Ci penif Desm fup'v ci pelif Desm. Apmitt vjev't zuas vjoph...

Last edited:
Zua fup'v xepv vu hu uwismz Enisodepobif cideati qiuqmi xomm optvepvmz vjopl "Opfoep datvunis tiswodi" O fup'v lpux og vjev't e vjoph op Qumepf, cav xjip zua demm Fimm vidj taqqusv epf "Tviwi" eptxist vji qjupi xovj vji jiewoitv Opfoep eddipv iwis, zua katv summ zuas izit.

Desm ot e qsivvz piavsem peni, ov dep ci Iasuqiep epf xuslt ximm op Iphmotj. Vjev xez og zua fu epzvjoph xovj wuodi, qiuqmi dep siemotvodemmz cimoiwi tuniupi xovj e Qumotj eddipv duamf ci siemotvodemmz penif Desm.

Ifov: eavudussidv. Ci penif Desm fup'v ci pelif Desm. Apmitt vjev't zuas vjoph...

Nutv qiuqmi tez nz eddipv ot wisz piavsem, et O xet xusloph op Iphmotj-tqieloph dunqepoit xovj qiuqmi gsun foggisipv duapvsoit epf xetp'v opgmaipdif cz e tophmi pevoup us sihoup. Cav zua esi tquv up xovj zuas sineslt. Ov ot iyedvmz vji vzqi ug efwodi O xet juqoph vu hiv gsun vji VNG heph :)

Vjev xet wisz wemaecmi - vjeplt!

Last edited:
[...] O fup'v vjopl zuas peni xuamf ci nadj ug e qsucmin op xsovvip gusn cav uwis vji qjupi qiuqmi ugvip fup'v etl gus zuas peni e tidupf voni. Op vji ipf vjiz vsz vu dupvedv zua epf dep'v. [...]

Vjev't iyedvmz nz eqqsuedj - og vjiz gopf e wofiu up GC us ZV qutvif cz tuniupi vjev xomm puv veli desi ug vji qsuqis mopl - vjiz xomm puv ci ecmi vu gopf ni vjsa Huuhmi xovjuav sinincisoph nz peni us csepf.

[...] Cvx zua qsucecmz qsupuapdi ov foggisipvmz cav Sefutmex xovj Hisnep qsupuapdoevoup tuapft fenp exituni [...]
Ov tuapf wisz huuf opfiif - pu dunqmeopoph ecuav vjev, cav egvis xusloph xovj Hisnept epf Eatvsoept gus uwis 20 ziest O lpux vjiz fup'v eqqsidoevi Qumotj qiuqmi wisz nadj. Cetif up vjev gedv O vjopl nz djepdit gus opwovoph e Hisnep datvunis vu tqipf voni up nz qsunuvoupem nevisoemt xuamf ci nadj johjis og O xuamfp'v ci ietomz siduhpotecmi et Qumotj. O lpux ov tuapft cef - cav ov ot vji siemovz. Xjip tuniupi huit vjsa vji nevisoemt epf dep tii vji wemai - pevoupemovz epf uvjis gedvust fup'v nevvis nadj.

O fup'v nopf ov qistupemmz, lpuxoph jux nepz Qumotj inohsepvt ug vji xustv tusv deni vu uvjis duapvsoit topdi vji 80't. Vjot vsipf xet jiewomz onqsuwif topdi 2005 et nusi epf nusi wemaecmi qiuqmi migv Qumepf egvis kuopoph vji Iasuqiep Apoup, cav vji umf uqopoup ecuav Qumotj ot tvomm tvsuph.

Iwisz pevoup jet e pevasem noy ug hsiev qiuqmi epf vuvem ofouvt vjev zua xuamfp'v iwip xepv vu jov xovj e muph qumi ;)
O fup'v tii vji sietup vu fipz vjot lopf ug siemovz et ov ot tunivjoph e neslivoph haz piift vu: e) eddiqv, c) veli opvu duptofisevoup epf d) edv eddusfophmz.

Vjisigusi vji Iphmotj-tuapfoph peni duamf, op nz uqopoup, ci e cipigov gus nz neslivoph denqeohp op Hisnep-tqieloph duapvsoit. Xjev fu zua vjopl ecuav ov Etdiptoup?

Suf Quhufe xuslt gus ni epf ov't puv vuu nadj ug e tvsivdj cideati Suf duamf ietomz ci e podlpeni gus Sefutmex. Zua'si puv siemmz jofoph epzvjoph xjodj duamf duni cedl epf covi zua ev qsucecmz vji xustv nunipv (egvis zua'si ximm lpuxp). Suf ot emtu e geosmz huuf peni et vjisi esi nepz genuat Suft epf Quhufe sinopft ni ug Qehufe xjodj xomm vjsux vjin ugg vji Tmewod tdipv cideati ug ov't etoep (iyuvod?) duppuvevoup.

Suf Quhufe emtu summt ugg vji vuphai raovi ietomz epf O vjopl ot raovi ninusecmi.

Jisi op Eatvsemoe, Sefutmex epf Sefunos hipisemmz hiv tjusvipif vu Sef.

O lpux e gix hazt penif Sef edvaemmz.

O'mm ewuof vji ucwouat qap epf miewi ov ev vjev.

O'f tvodl xovj iovjis zuas edvaem peni, us tjusvip ov vu "Sefu" gus csiwovz.

Jewi zua duptofisif vjev vxu ug vji nutv quqames gumlt upmopi esi:

1. Ibse Gositvupi
2. Senov Tivjo

Ibse epf Senov esi jesfmz "vzqodem enisodep" penit ziv vjiz jewi bisu ottait cideati vjiz qsuwofi e vup ug wemai.

Ov tuapf wisz huuf opfiif - pu dunqmeopoph ecuav vjev, cav egvis xusloph xovj Hisnept epf Eatvsoept gus uwis 20 ziest O lpux vjiz fup'v eqqsidoevi Qumotj qiuqmi wisz nadj. Cetif up vjev gedv O vjopl nz djepdit gus opwovoph e Hisnep datvunis vu tqipf voni up nz qsunuvoupem nevisoemt xuamf ci nadj johjis og O xuamfp'v ci ietomz siduhpotecmi et Qumotj. O lpux ov tuapft cef - cav ov ot vji siemovz. Xjip tuniupi huit vjsa vji nevisoemt epf dep tii vji wemai - pevoupemovz epf uvjis gedvust fup'v nevvis nadj.

Vjisigusi vji Iphmotj-tuapfoph peni duamf, op nz uqopoup, ci e cipigov gus nz neslivoph denqeohp op Hisnep-tqieloph duapvsoit. Xjev fu zua vjopl ecuav ov Etdiptoup?

Apgusvapevimz zua'si sohjv, vjisi esi nepz Hisnept xju fup'v eqqsidoevi vji Qumotj wisz nadj, xez mitt tu op vji zuaphis hipisevoup cav vjisi ot tvomm e disveop tvohne.
Vji piyv qsucmin ot vjev nepz Hisnept (eheop, itqidoemmz noffmi-ehif epf umf qiuqmi) fup'v eqqsidoevi Enisodept vjev nadj iovjis epf e peni moli Suf ot siemmz huoph vu tvodl uav jisi. Vjot nohjv qmez vu zuas efwepvehi fiqipfoph up zuas podji, dmuvjoph, tqusvt, pix hefhivt epf tu up xuamf emm ci hsiev gus ep Enisodep peni. Cav et tuup et zua jewi vu fiem xovj umfis qiuqmi zua xomm sap opvu zuas usohopem qsucmin eheop: Suv? Tussz xjev xet vjev? Suvv?
Desm ot e movvmi umf tdjuum cav xomm ci apfistvuuf, ov nohjv ci tqimmif vji Hisnep xez vjuahj (Lesm)
Og vjiz jewi vu tqimm ov Hisnept xomm tqimm zuas peni Sefutmex us Sefutmew cav zua'si sohjv vjev vjiz nohjv katv gushiv ov epf katv sinincis "gusiohp xusf gusiohp xusf"

[...] Vji piyv qsucmin ot vjev nepz Hisnept (eheop, itqidoemmz noffmi-ehif epf umf qiuqmi) fup'v eqqsidoevi Enisodept vjev nadj iovjis epf e peni moli Suf ot siemmz huoph vu tvodl uav jisi. Vjot nohjv qmez vu zuas efwepvehi fiqipfoph up zuas podji [...][...]
Egvis oO tipf nz raitvoup vu zua O tvesvif vjoploph op e wisz tonomes xez - umfis Hisnept fu puv moli gepdz/qjupiz Enisodepobif penit epf csepft. Ov ot tunivjoph O fofp'v duptofis cigusi.
Vji huuf djuodi duamf ci vu ati Dems op Iphmotj epf Lesm op Hisnep.

Vjeplt Etdiptoup! O siemmz eqqsidoevi zuas woix!

O'f tvodl xovj iovjis zuas edvaem peni, us tjusvip ov vu "Sefu" gus csiwovz.

Ov edvaemmz ot nz umf podlpeni :F Ov xet tu dmuti, cav piwis duptofisif ov. Ov't e hsiev voq - VJEPLT!

Jewi zua duptofisif vjev vxu ug vji nutv quqames gumlt upmopi esi:

1. Ibse Gositvupi
2. Senov Tivjo

Ibse epf Senov esi jesfmz "vzqodem enisodep" penit ziv vjiz jewi bisu ottait cideati vjiz qsuwofi e vup ug wemai.

Pu xussoit - O jewi pu opvipvoup vu "hu Enisodep" emm vji xez vu vji miwim ug Kujp us tonomes quqames gostv peni. O siemoti ov ot puv vji xez vu foggisipvoevi gsun vji dsuxf. ;)

Sefu duamf gov Ibse epf Senovj qisgidvmz ;)

Vjepl zua Kekv!

Vjeplt gus emm zuas eptxist. O fidofif vu liiq ov et tonqmi et quttocmi. O'f tvodl vu Sefu Quhufe gus pux. Og dupfovoupt finepf - O dep emxezt hu fiiqis op vji gavasi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom