New member here, I did post an intro, but to give those reading this an idea.. I am 20 years old from Philadelphia and recently quit my job to pursue the fastlane. The job was a motivation sucker and I never would've started anything if i stayed there. I saved up enough money to live off of for 2 years and still live at home so my expenses are low.
Now, to my question.. I was in the process of creating a subscription-based service that provided a monthly/weekly delivery of a product to a business. The need I saw was that this business uses this product everyday, but not all of them supply the product with their service(the costumers they are serving provide it) or those that do have to restock the product themselves/order it online. There are subscription services for this product already but they are consumer-based, not business-based. Therefore I would market myself towards these businesses.
The concern I have is that, before I went to deep I wanted to ensure these businesses would be interested in a service like this. After cold-calling multiple businesses and posting on a forum these businesses use - a very common answer was that they would not be interested in a service such as this because of their costumers providing it for them. Those that provide this product for the costumers(a small percentage of them do), all stated that their costumers loved that they provided the product for them and loved the service they used.
My concern is that even though I see the value this adds to them, that many of the businesses I would be targeting won't see the value. Because to them "if not broken, don't fix it" I suppose. Opinions would be much appreciated!
Now, to my question.. I was in the process of creating a subscription-based service that provided a monthly/weekly delivery of a product to a business. The need I saw was that this business uses this product everyday, but not all of them supply the product with their service(the costumers they are serving provide it) or those that do have to restock the product themselves/order it online. There are subscription services for this product already but they are consumer-based, not business-based. Therefore I would market myself towards these businesses.
The concern I have is that, before I went to deep I wanted to ensure these businesses would be interested in a service like this. After cold-calling multiple businesses and posting on a forum these businesses use - a very common answer was that they would not be interested in a service such as this because of their costumers providing it for them. Those that provide this product for the costumers(a small percentage of them do), all stated that their costumers loved that they provided the product for them and loved the service they used.
My concern is that even though I see the value this adds to them, that many of the businesses I would be targeting won't see the value. Because to them "if not broken, don't fix it" I suppose. Opinions would be much appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
