What's new

Trade to Web Dev

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

dan_defy

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hi -
My name is Dan, I’ve been a long time lurker but wanted to finally join and be part of the forum.

Firstly wanted to give a shout out to a few members and say thanks for the value I've got from their posts:

MJ - MFL was the only book I have read twice, and it really opened my eyes on what success is. Also been loving the parables, looking forward to the next. Thanks for the great books, insight, value, and - for this forum.

Eliquid - for the perfect saas post, so much info and value. Great to see what others are doing too.

Andy_Black -for the encouragement to not lurk and give thanks instead - I’m about to start learning marketing/advertising so really looking forward to going through all your posts.

Fox - for the re-assurance that web dev is alive and well - loved the free book - the creating demand by providing value to customers aspect really resonates with me.

Lex DeVille - for the post on creating and marketing digital products. There is so much value in this post and I have learnt alot that can be applied to future projects.

Ravens_Shadow - the post on persisting with a software business, especially when it gets hard.

Intro Post

I've been a tradesman for 16 years and its mostly been great. The job pays well, is challenging, and Ive never been out of work. But after this last year, and a few personal events, I felt like I hit wall. I really desired the freedom and flexibility of having a successful business that is location independent. After reading MJ’s Millionaire Fastlane , my view on my current career changed, and was open to ideas for a different path. I had some time off work and thought I could jump into web development. It felt a bit discouraging with the news of AI taking over, but I think its a perspective thing. I decided to take the perspective of: we’re in a tech boom, and its probably the best time to get involved (especially if you can keep up and use the new tech in your projects). I can honestly say now that there is way more involved in web dev than I had ever imagined. So many different aspects, technologies and working parts to it.

While learning I made a little desktop web app to help people plan each day and organize themselves. I had digitized the paper method I use to plan my day, and keep track of my goals and projects. I didn’t plan to make it into anything, but I was getting frustrated with not completing projects - so I followed through and deployed it. It’s a bit unique but I think its good for entrepreneurs, students, people with ADHD or people that have difficulty managing busy days, or forgetting events - you can pretty much micromanage yourself with it. It also allows you to manage projects, goals, events etc. Not expecting alot of users, but there’s a probably a certain type of person that will benefit from it. I will post it in the self promotion thread. It is free to use, and some feedback would be helpful as I move on to the next projects.

I think what I will try from now on, is not commit a huge amount of effort and time into one web app or project . The forum seems to lean toward that if you have an idea - create the MVP and a landing page (in as little time as possible) then market. That way you can see if there’s actual a demand for your product.

Now that I feel more comfortable coding my plan is to create 1-2 saas web apps ( switching between two projects keeps me engaged), getting the basic MVP’s up and running before I go back to work. If I can get them functional, then I can focus on them part time while also keeping a stable income. I also want to focus on marketing and advertising (beginning with adwords) and possibly offer it as a service along with websites to local small businesses (knowing a few already and having had a small business in this area) . End goal is to be completely self employed and financially stable, either by offering web development and marketing as a freelancer or creating a successful saas app.

Hopefully as I learn and have little wins, I can get involved and add value / experience to the forum.

Dan

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom