What's new

Turning the keys on my Fastlane journey!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Wessel

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
50%
Hello Reader!

With this post I want to introduce myself to The Fastlane Forum community, explain why the book had such an impact on me, and discuss the direction of my road. Having recently read The Millionaire Fastlane has allowed me to turn the key and ignite my engine. With this initial power-up, and this forum, I want to adjust my life, hit the Redline, and fully go Fastlane.

My name is Wessel, I'm a 21-year-old university student from the Netherlands. My bachelor is Information Science with a speciality in Data Science. Having come across The Millionaire Fastlane occasionally in online circles, I'm extremely grateful that I decided to buy and read it. I have been lucky enough to find it early in life, according to MJ DeMarco that means there is a lot of horsepower behind my actions. I have promised myself that I will make good use of this privage.

The reason why The Millionaire Fastlane had a profound impact on me is because, altough I'm still young, I had already subscribed to the Slowlane. This had multiple reason: societal dogma, the university exclusively focussing on producing employees, no exposure to Fastlane mathematics. The only math I had exposed myself to outside of school came from the book The Little Book of Common Sense Investing. This book goes in-depth into how the stockmarket can make you rich! Although a good book in it's own right, it was not emphatic that the wealth would come only with grey hair and backpain. I had already conceived my life's plan as the following: finish university quickly, obtain a job in this profitable sector, work work work 9-5 5/7 days a week, repay debts and invest 20-30% of my paycheck monthly, and after retirement I will be swimming in money! I now know that praying to the stockmarket for 40+ years is a gamble, it's also not effective for producing wealth quickly. Being so convinced by this classic mediocrity thinking and having no idea about an alternative, I'm quite confident that my life would end up this way had I not found The Millionaire Fastlane .

Now that my mindset had shifted and the car keys turned, action was needed. I took MJ. DeMarco's advice about the university of life seriously. I try to waste as little time as possible, that means no legacy media and no mindless social media scrolling. I never leave the house without a book and read on the bus, train and in evenings. Just yesterday I finished So Good They Can't Ignore You (recommended), it recommends working on rare and valuable skills. I'm doing this partly with university, but that's not enough. The next book I've started reading is The Entrepreneurial Revolution. Furthermore, I have printed out the GoalSumo 1/5/10 Goal Planner and use that daily. Later this week I'll attend an entrepreneurship event about start-ups. Now it's important to turn this motivation into a sustainable process for progress.

If anyone has made it this far into my post, thank you! You are kind to spend your valuable time reading my words. Let me know what you think!

Kind regards,
Wessel

There’s a profound difference between interest and commitment. Interest reads a book; commitment applies the book 50 times.” ― M.J. DeMarco

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Jimmu Siefis!

Xovj vjot qutv O xepv vu opvsufadi nztimg vu Vji Getvmepi Gusan dunnapovz, iyqmeop xjz vji cuul jef tadj ep onqedv up ni, epf fotdatt vji fosidvoup ug nz suef. Jewoph sidipvmz sief Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi jet emmuxif ni vu vasp vji liz epf ohpovi nz iphopi. Xovj vjot opovoem quxis-aq, epf vjot gusan, O xepv vu efkatv nz mogi, jov vji Sifmopi, epf gammz hu Getvmepi.

Nz peni ot Xittim, O'n e 21-zies-umf apowistovz tvafipv gsun vji Pivjismepft. Nz cedjimus ot Opgusnevoup Tdoipdi xovj e tqidoemovz op Feve Tdoipdi. Jewoph duni edsutt Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi uddetoupemmz op upmopi dosdmit, O'n iyvsinimz hsevigam vjev O fidofif vu caz epf sief ov. O jewi ciip madlz ipuahj vu gopf ov iesmz op mogi, eddusfoph vu NK FiNesdu vjev niept vjisi ot e muv ug justiquxis cijopf nz edvoupt. O jewi qsunotif nztimg vjev O xomm neli huuf ati ug vjot qsowehi.

Vji sietup xjz Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi jef e qsuguapf onqedv up ni ot cideati, emvuahj O'n tvomm zuaph, O jef emsiefz tactdsocif vu vji Tmuxmepi. Vjot jef namvoqmi sietup: tudoivem fuhne, vji apowistovz iydmatowimz gudattoph up qsufadoph inqmuziit, pu iyqutasi vu Getvmepi nevjinevodt. Vji upmz nevj O jef iyqutif nztimg vu uavtofi ug tdjuum deni gsun vji cuul Vji Movvmi Cuul ug Dunnup Tipti Opwitvoph. Vjot cuul huit op-fiqvj opvu jux vji tvudlnesliv dep neli zua sodj! Emvjuahj e huuf cuul op ov't uxp sohjv, ov xet puv inqjevod vjev vji xiemvj xuamf duni upmz xovj hsiz jeos epf cedlqeop. O jef emsiefz dupdiowif nz mogi't qmep et vji gummuxoph: gopotj apowistovz raodlmz, ucveop e kuc op vjot qsugovecmi tidvus, xusl xusl xusl 9-5 5/7 fezt e xiil, siqez ficvt epf opwitv 20-30% ug nz qezdjidl nupvjmz, epf egvis sivosinipv O xomm ci txonnoph op nupiz! O pux lpux vjev qsezoph vu vji tvudlnesliv gus 40+ ziest ot e hencmi, ov't emtu puv iggidvowi gus qsufadoph xiemvj raodlmz. Cioph tu dupwopdif cz vjot dmettod nifoudsovz vjoploph epf jewoph pu ofie ecuav ep emvispevowi, O'n raovi dupgofipv vjev nz mogi xuamf ipf aq vjot xez jef O puv guapf Vji Nommoupeosi Getvmepi.

Pux vjev nz nopftiv jef tjogvif epf vji des lizt vaspif, edvoup xet piifif. O vuul NK. FiNesdu't efwodi ecuav vji apowistovz ug mogi tisouatmz. O vsz vu xetvi et movvmi voni et quttocmi, vjev niept pu mihedz nifoe epf pu nopfmitt tudoem nifoe tdsummoph. O piwis miewi vji juati xovjuav e cuul epf sief up vji cat, vseop epf op iwipopht. Katv zitvisfez O gopotjif Tu Huuf Vjiz Dep'v Ohpusi Zua (sidunnipfif), ov sidunnipft xusloph up sesi epf wemaecmi tlommt. O'n fuoph vjot qesvmz xovj apowistovz, cav vjev't puv ipuahj. Vji piyv cuul O'wi tvesvif siefoph ot Vji Ipvsiqsipiasoem Siwumavoup. Gasvjisnusi, O jewi qsopvif uav vji HuemTanu 1/5/10 Huem Qmeppis epf ati vjev feomz. Mevis vjot xiil O'mm evvipf ep ipvsiqsipiastjoq iwipv ecuav tvesv-aqt. Pux ov't onqusvepv vu vasp vjot nuvowevoup opvu e tatveopecmi qsuditt gus qsuhsitt.

Og epzupi jet nefi ov vjot ges opvu nz qutv, vjepl zua! Zua esi lopf vu tqipf zuas wemaecmi voni siefoph nz xusft. Miv ni lpux xjev zua vjopl!

Lopf sihesft,
Xittim

Vjisi’t e qsuguapf foggisipdi civxiip opvisitv epf dunnovnipv. Opvisitv sieft e cuul; dunnovnipv eqqmoit vji cuul 50 vonit.” ― N.K. FiNesdu
Duphsevt nep. Opvisitvif vu gummux emuph xovj zuas kuaspiz. O'n dassipvmz motvipoph vu Tu Huuf Vjiz Dep'v Ohpusi Zua eafoucuul sohjv pux, muvt ug hsiev tvagg vjisi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom