Ouch... what does it mean?
It isn't the right place to speak about fundamental physic and to try to bright with a huge subject... for sure. My aim is very far from that purpose... and my post only deals with the relativity of time...
Moreover, this post is not an answer, but the beginning of a questioning in which, I hope, you can help me to find some answers…
#1 - Mid life crisis :
"We have two lifes, the second one begins when we understand that we only have one..."
I've just passed 40 years old, and that Confucius' quote now sounds very clear to me. I heard a lot of things when I was a child, a teenager, a young adult, about Time that I didn't understood...
- As many children, I was in a hurry to become an adult, to decide by myself, to buy all the useless things I wanted to, ... I never heard the adults told me to live it up, because I were in the age of carelessness.
- As a teenager, I quickly understood that I have to prepare the slowlane I was destined to, I was very interested in school, but waste a lot of free time watching TV, and already wondering if I was working the good way, or if I choose the wrong track to follow… and finally did nothing… I remember my worst sentence about time, when I entered a two years preparation to high school considered as mathematical’s hell : “No problem, what is one or two years in a life?”
- As a young adult, I spent a lot of time and energy learning a lot of useless things (and some useful too) to graduate and be able to evolve in the scholar direction I had choosen. I do not regret this huge quantity of energy, but if I could, maybe I would re-align this one with what I now find really useful…
#2 - Sidewalk :
Then began the sidewalk area. Graduated, whith a decent salary, single with no house to pay… it begins like a dream in which you forgot all the good habits (learn every day something different, question yourself about your ability to take action and understand the world around you, which is not waiting for you to evolve). Time? … what is time? There is no tomorrow unless the one I will buy my new car, my diving equipment, …
During these two parts of my life, I had no idea of Time value, since I thought there was no deadline. In fact I never thought about Time at all…
#3 – Well, OK, time as an immeasurable value… so what :
The mid life crisis took me before the TMF … but gave me no answer. As soon as you add value to something, you also add questioning about how not to waste it… and that’s my new problem. Where are the good choices? As I saw on the forum, is it better to learn code or to outsource? Is it better to learn Python, C++, or ADA? Is internet the good answer to success or should I forget it? Why?… hey, because I have no time to lose!!!
#4 – How not to lose time?
Here begin the questioning, I tested some tracks, maybe (sure!) you have tested others…
- Planning : I’ve already tested this one when I was student… and this is not my cup of tea. But sure it’s a pillar you cannot forget. Maybe the best way is to learn the basics, and forget it to fit YOUR planning at YOUR target, values, standard of living. There is a lot of people telling me I am not well organized… Many of them are right, others only refer to their own view of what being organized means.
- Smoking (and stop smoking): it seems to be a bubble in which time is stopped. A 5 minute gap in time during which you can look your planning, decisions, actions from outside (especially the first ones or special ones…). It sucks because it’s finally a monster whose every item calls another one and that finally become a goal instead of a mean… You just lose time and health…
- Eating :fall into the same category. I replaced cigarettes by everything I found to eat to find a time corridor… and like cigarettes you waste your time and health instead of reaching a higher point of view… (I heard alcohol as the same effects but didn’t test it for a long period yet).
- Extend working time : then came the existential question “what’s the aim of life? Am I here only to work?”, and again “Maybe I am on the wrong way?”
- Decrease leisure time : and the questioning start again… “Do I spend enough time with my family?” , “What’s my aim…”
- Ubiquity :Read a book and watch TV… Wonderfull!!! For me it totally sucks, after two hours, It’s like I have done nothing. “What was this chapter dealing with? Oh, I understand that the killer is the janitor but I don’t know why”
- Sport :it seems like wasting time at the beginning, but what an efficiency catalyst at the end… moreover, ubiquity is sometimes working with it :
Sport+Audiobook / Sport+Meditation (Apnea) / Sport+Meditation+Audiobook (Waterproof MP3 in Apnea)
If this post is not too much boring, and if I am not banished from the forum, I will send a post about apnea…
- Sophrology / Meditation : I tested the first one with a professional during few months, I still stand at the entrance of the second one. I think it’s clearly a good way for me, but as many solutions, it’s only a part of the answer and it deals with investment of time to save time. I try to find what is the best starting method (and the cheaper in time), and how to introduce it in my planning…
#5- Time is relative… :
Moreover, despite time is of an immeasurable value, despite it’s awfully difficult to choose the way you will use it, time is also relative, and linked to the purpose of what you are doing…
It’s one big lesson of practicing apnea… At the beginning, time spent under water seems to be an eternity. You suffocate, you fight physically, you jump, and finally you run out of water in a desperate breath wondering how you are so crazy to spend time practicing this torture.
Then you learn what is Apnea… (I was lucky to learn it with careless people, and crossed some great careless champions). Then your investment in the discipline enter the pleasure value and, even when the chronometer and the little voice in your head tell you it’s time to breathe, you feel well. Umberto Pelizarri asked me to live the exercice as soon as it was a torture… and I broke the line. My friend told me to dive without it, and I broke the line… I learn to appreciate the time I spent in water, instead of trying to bright by figures, and I bet all my personal records (nothing to sea with champions’ones).
To conclude :
The equation is far more complicated than this one, but I think, and personally I need to…
- Love what I am doing
- FORGET Time and deadline (especially THE deadline)
…to really enter a process and begin to produce results…
I told you this post is a questioning, so come the question :
Every time the deadline come and knock at my brain’s door “What are you doing? Time is running and you’re still sticked on that…” – Am I the only one to be focused on it, how do you forget there is a time you will have to join the surface and take a breath, or worst? How do you forget TIME and Deadlines?
I promise I will be shorter next time, and I will try to improve my English skill. Don’t hesitate to correct me if you have some… TIME…and test Apnea, it’s for sure a great school…
It isn't the right place to speak about fundamental physic and to try to bright with a huge subject... for sure. My aim is very far from that purpose... and my post only deals with the relativity of time...
Moreover, this post is not an answer, but the beginning of a questioning in which, I hope, you can help me to find some answers…
#1 - Mid life crisis :
"We have two lifes, the second one begins when we understand that we only have one..."
I've just passed 40 years old, and that Confucius' quote now sounds very clear to me. I heard a lot of things when I was a child, a teenager, a young adult, about Time that I didn't understood...
- As many children, I was in a hurry to become an adult, to decide by myself, to buy all the useless things I wanted to, ... I never heard the adults told me to live it up, because I were in the age of carelessness.
- As a teenager, I quickly understood that I have to prepare the slowlane I was destined to, I was very interested in school, but waste a lot of free time watching TV, and already wondering if I was working the good way, or if I choose the wrong track to follow… and finally did nothing… I remember my worst sentence about time, when I entered a two years preparation to high school considered as mathematical’s hell : “No problem, what is one or two years in a life?”
- As a young adult, I spent a lot of time and energy learning a lot of useless things (and some useful too) to graduate and be able to evolve in the scholar direction I had choosen. I do not regret this huge quantity of energy, but if I could, maybe I would re-align this one with what I now find really useful…
#2 - Sidewalk :
Then began the sidewalk area. Graduated, whith a decent salary, single with no house to pay… it begins like a dream in which you forgot all the good habits (learn every day something different, question yourself about your ability to take action and understand the world around you, which is not waiting for you to evolve). Time? … what is time? There is no tomorrow unless the one I will buy my new car, my diving equipment, …
During these two parts of my life, I had no idea of Time value, since I thought there was no deadline. In fact I never thought about Time at all…
#3 – Well, OK, time as an immeasurable value… so what :
The mid life crisis took me before the TMF … but gave me no answer. As soon as you add value to something, you also add questioning about how not to waste it… and that’s my new problem. Where are the good choices? As I saw on the forum, is it better to learn code or to outsource? Is it better to learn Python, C++, or ADA? Is internet the good answer to success or should I forget it? Why?… hey, because I have no time to lose!!!
#4 – How not to lose time?
Here begin the questioning, I tested some tracks, maybe (sure!) you have tested others…
- Planning : I’ve already tested this one when I was student… and this is not my cup of tea. But sure it’s a pillar you cannot forget. Maybe the best way is to learn the basics, and forget it to fit YOUR planning at YOUR target, values, standard of living. There is a lot of people telling me I am not well organized… Many of them are right, others only refer to their own view of what being organized means.
- Smoking (and stop smoking): it seems to be a bubble in which time is stopped. A 5 minute gap in time during which you can look your planning, decisions, actions from outside (especially the first ones or special ones…). It sucks because it’s finally a monster whose every item calls another one and that finally become a goal instead of a mean… You just lose time and health…
- Eating :fall into the same category. I replaced cigarettes by everything I found to eat to find a time corridor… and like cigarettes you waste your time and health instead of reaching a higher point of view… (I heard alcohol as the same effects but didn’t test it for a long period yet).
- Extend working time : then came the existential question “what’s the aim of life? Am I here only to work?”, and again “Maybe I am on the wrong way?”
- Decrease leisure time : and the questioning start again… “Do I spend enough time with my family?” , “What’s my aim…”
- Ubiquity :Read a book and watch TV… Wonderfull!!! For me it totally sucks, after two hours, It’s like I have done nothing. “What was this chapter dealing with? Oh, I understand that the killer is the janitor but I don’t know why”
- Sport :it seems like wasting time at the beginning, but what an efficiency catalyst at the end… moreover, ubiquity is sometimes working with it :
Sport+Audiobook / Sport+Meditation (Apnea) / Sport+Meditation+Audiobook (Waterproof MP3 in Apnea)
If this post is not too much boring, and if I am not banished from the forum, I will send a post about apnea…
- Sophrology / Meditation : I tested the first one with a professional during few months, I still stand at the entrance of the second one. I think it’s clearly a good way for me, but as many solutions, it’s only a part of the answer and it deals with investment of time to save time. I try to find what is the best starting method (and the cheaper in time), and how to introduce it in my planning…
#5- Time is relative… :
Moreover, despite time is of an immeasurable value, despite it’s awfully difficult to choose the way you will use it, time is also relative, and linked to the purpose of what you are doing…
It’s one big lesson of practicing apnea… At the beginning, time spent under water seems to be an eternity. You suffocate, you fight physically, you jump, and finally you run out of water in a desperate breath wondering how you are so crazy to spend time practicing this torture.
Then you learn what is Apnea… (I was lucky to learn it with careless people, and crossed some great careless champions). Then your investment in the discipline enter the pleasure value and, even when the chronometer and the little voice in your head tell you it’s time to breathe, you feel well. Umberto Pelizarri asked me to live the exercice as soon as it was a torture… and I broke the line. My friend told me to dive without it, and I broke the line… I learn to appreciate the time I spent in water, instead of trying to bright by figures, and I bet all my personal records (nothing to sea with champions’ones).
To conclude :
The equation is far more complicated than this one, but I think, and personally I need to…
- Love what I am doing
- FORGET Time and deadline (especially THE deadline)
…to really enter a process and begin to produce results…
I told you this post is a questioning, so come the question :
Every time the deadline come and knock at my brain’s door “What are you doing? Time is running and you’re still sticked on that…” – Am I the only one to be focused on it, how do you forget there is a time you will have to join the surface and take a breath, or worst? How do you forget TIME and Deadlines?
I promise I will be shorter next time, and I will try to improve my English skill. Don’t hesitate to correct me if you have some… TIME…and test Apnea, it’s for sure a great school…
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
