- Joined
- Aug 26, 2007
- Messages
- 408
Rep Bank
$530
$530
User Power: 13%
This information is too good not to share. I read the vision board thread and this concept is similar yet different. It could go in the what tools do you use thread, the book recommendation thread, or the thread about taking concepts from the Bible. And since these threads are all in different specific categories, I thought I give it it's own thread in general discussion. Oy. Someone can move it if it makes more sense to them in either book recommendations, or planning and goals.
I recently started reading a book I mentioned in another thread called The Richest Man Who Ever Lived by Steven K. Scott. Within the first 40 pages of the book he talks about Diligence and one of the steps in developing diligence is what he calls Vision Mapping. Diligence, as referenced by Solomon in the Proverbs, has a deeper meaning than what we would generally perceive today. It's not just being persistent and working hard.
I'm going to highlight only one of the first 40 pages, which is the Vision Mapping process. The purpose of a Vision Map is to create a clear and precise vision for each of your dreams, and a detailed road map and time table for achieving those dreams.
Once you've determined what areas you want to focus on, personal, business, or more specific like marriage, children, health etc., use the five step process to achieve your vision.
1.Start with your most important dream in any area and write a clear and precise description of that dream. (I think this can also be represented visually on a vision board.)
2.Create a goals page for the dream, making a list of specific intermediate goals that need to be reached to fulfill the dream.
3.Create a page for each goal, listing the steps needed to achieve the goal.
4.For any complex step, create a page for steps to tasks, listing specific tasks needed to complete that step.
5.Assign dates to each task and step.
Once you've done that you can work on each goal one task or step at a time until your dream has been realized.
If you've found this helpful, I'd recommendation getting the book. There is a lot more there than this, remember this is one step in becoming diligent.
I recently started reading a book I mentioned in another thread called The Richest Man Who Ever Lived by Steven K. Scott. Within the first 40 pages of the book he talks about Diligence and one of the steps in developing diligence is what he calls Vision Mapping. Diligence, as referenced by Solomon in the Proverbs, has a deeper meaning than what we would generally perceive today. It's not just being persistent and working hard.
I'm going to highlight only one of the first 40 pages, which is the Vision Mapping process. The purpose of a Vision Map is to create a clear and precise vision for each of your dreams, and a detailed road map and time table for achieving those dreams.
Once you've determined what areas you want to focus on, personal, business, or more specific like marriage, children, health etc., use the five step process to achieve your vision.
1.Start with your most important dream in any area and write a clear and precise description of that dream. (I think this can also be represented visually on a vision board.)
2.Create a goals page for the dream, making a list of specific intermediate goals that need to be reached to fulfill the dream.
3.Create a page for each goal, listing the steps needed to achieve the goal.
4.For any complex step, create a page for steps to tasks, listing specific tasks needed to complete that step.
5.Assign dates to each task and step.
Once you've done that you can work on each goal one task or step at a time until your dream has been realized.
If you've found this helpful, I'd recommendation getting the book. There is a lot more there than this, remember this is one step in becoming diligent.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
