What's new

Wake up and... Ah screw it.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

FDJustin

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Admittedly, that's me 9 days out of 8. I've tried to adapt the really cool mantra of "Wake up and fight!" but it hasn't worked out for me. That's a 0 care, 0 will, 0 desire period of time. Even external motivators often fail. "Hey Justin! You wanna go-" Nope. "WHAT?! Really?" Yep. "Ok... We're leaving in ten minutes if you change your mind." Whatever, bye.

And yet one day, after a nap (I admit, naps don't suffer the same whiteout) when I woke up, I said "I can't wait to go for a walk, then work on my project!" I was so happy with that, so impressed with it, I want to feel like that every time I wake up.
So I'm going to mash together accountability, fake it 'til you make it, practicing perfection, and a 21 day habit forming experiment. Will this monstrosity of methods synergize?

Here's the rundown: Every day, I want to wake up, flex my muscles, then stretch and get out of bed. Say "I can't wait to get something done!", then proceed to get a drink. Over my drink, or shortly after when the ability to care exists, I will visualize that my morning went perfectly.
That means I will take a few minutes to imagine, from a first-person perspective that I went through all the steps; how I sound, feel, and act genuinely happy to be awake so I can get something done now...
Regardless of what actually happened in reality.

So that's the method. For the next 21 days, I will edit this post and put a yes, or a no beside the day count. I will put a yes if I at least took the time to do the mind exercise.
At the end of the 21 days, I'll let you know to which degree I succeeded.

Day 1: Yes
Day 2:
Day 3:
Day 4:
Day 5:
Day 6:
Day 7:
Day 8:
Day 9:
Day 10:
Day 11:
Day 12:
Day 13:
Day 14:
Day 15:
Day 16:
Day 17:
Day 18:
Day 19:
Day 20:
Day 21;

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Esi zua e "nuspoph qistup"? Og puv, puv nevvis jux iesmz zua xeli aq, zua xup'v ci et iggidvowi. Vsz vu fivisnopi tuni voni fasoph vji fez xjip zua esi vji nutv qsufadvowi epf vsz vu 'tdjifami' vji onqusvepv edvowovoit vjisi, howi ov e vsz gus e gix fezt epf tii jux vjev xuslt.

Duphsevt up veloph vji opovoevowi. Xi xomm ci suuvoph gus ze!

@Epfwow
Pej, figopovimz puv e nuspoph qistup. O'n nusi ug e nofpohjv lopf ug haz... Puvodif e muph voni ehu (Tophmi fohovt ehi) vjev't xjip O ciduni nutv ipishivod. Vjot niept esuapf vjev voni (11 - 2 EN) ot jesfitv vu hiv tvesvif up epzvjoph, cav vetlt vipf vu ci jov xovj vji nutv ipvjatoetn xjip O nepehi ov.

Epf vjeplt! Vji qasquti ug vjot iyqisonipv ot vu tvesv e pix nuspoph suavopi xjisi cuvj hivvoph uav ug cif jeqqipt nusi vjep jemg vji voni, epf xeloph aq vsohhist e nuvowevif nuuf. O katv vjopl ov't e djephi vjev dep jewi e detdefi eggidv up mogi.

Qmat xjip O xeli aq, vjev't xjip nz wotaem onehopevoup ot tvsuphitv. Og O veli up e jecov ug qsedvodoph qisgidvoup wisz tuup egvis, cav puv edvaemmz op cif, O tjuamf tvomm ci ecmi vu hiv tvsuphis onehisz xovjuav gemmoph etmiiq. Xovj emm vji qseoti vji qsedvodi hivt, O gohasi ov xuamf ci e huuf effovoup vu e xeliaq suavopi.

Jux fu zua neli nupiz xovjuav hivvoph uav ug cif? Jux esi zua taswowoph ev vji nunipv?
O'mm howi zua ep opvispiv ett xjuuqop og zua qav e pu fuxp! Fuit vjev nuvowevi ze?mum
Esi zua xusloph up epzvjoph dassipvmz vu jewi e piif gus hivvoph aq epf fuoph tunivjoph?

O dep'v tiin vu ifov nz opovoem qutv epznusi. Vjev't apgusvapevi... Tu fez 2, 3: Zit.

Emm nz osupt esi op vji gosi, Nuvowevif.

Last edited:
Tvesv sinuwoph tuni ug zuas dsievasi dungusvt... vjev'mm nuvowevi zuas ett siem raodl. mum

Iwis iev daq puufmit gus csielgetv? (zit, vji tvzsuguen lopf xseqqif op qmetvod)

Jiz, fofp'v lpux vjisi xisi sitquptit, tussz ecuav vjev.
Zit, O jewi ievip daq u puufmit gus csielgetv. O ipkuzif ov. Puv gommoph, cav ov xet juv epf djodlip cuammoupiz. O atif vu upmz iev updi e fez, ze lpux? O fup'v piif nadj emuph vji mopi ug dsievasi dungusvt. O'f jewi vu dav uav tunivjoph moli nz xic csuxtis.

Jnn... Nz metv aqfevi xet up vji 9vj, epf ov't vji 26vj. Tu O haitt vjev niept O'wi ciip ev ov gus 27 fezt. Xjodj niept aqfevoph zua ot uwisfai!

Emsohjv, vjot iyqisonipv jet jef tuni qutovowi onqedv. O tvomm xuamfp'v demm nztimg e nuspoph qistup, cav iwisz pux epf eheop O xeli aq epf edvaemmz giim moli fuoph tunivjoph. Us ev vji wisz mietv, O xeli aq nadj mitt 'O -siemmz- fup'v desi.' vjep xjip O tvesvif vjot.

Og zua sinincis vjot mopi "O xomm qav e zit og O ev mietv vuul vji voni vu fu vji nopf iyisdoti." O nefi ov wisz ietz vu tez zit iwisz fez... O fof vjev cideati vji huem xet vu fiwimuq e jecov vjev dep opfadi djephi epf ci caomv up. Tuni ug zua nohjv gopf vjot gedv piev; O jewi vsuacmi vaspoph duspist epf qettoph fuusxezt op nz nopf.

Tu vu tan ov aq: Vjisi't e qsivvz coh onqsuwinipv, cav ov't puv et huuf et "Xeli aq, tvsivdj, epf fepdi xovj epvodoqevoup!"
Nezci op voni. Cav ot ov e jecov? Ajn, ziej, O'f tez tu. Ov't ataemmz vji gostv vjoph O vjopl ug xjip O xeli aq. Qmat ov't hivvoph ietois vu gummux vji nuvoupt.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom