(My backstory is I studied biology for 4 years and got AA. Then philosophy at UCLA for 2 years and got a BA. I'm 24. Just realized how much I love art and movies)
So before I read the book my plan was:
take a years worth of art classes and a couple animation classes at college, then transfer to a good animation school then intern for an animation studio, work for them for a few years, and start my business.
After reading the millionaire fastlane :
Start the business now. I'm already very talented at art, and as long as I know a couple animation programs ( I'm self learning) I can produce movies. Also I will be hiring interns ( students out of college) to do most of the work for me for free since they will be interns. I'll pay them once we make money I got this idea from the book when it said that fastlaners HIRE people with MBAs, they don't get one themselves.
My company will create animated movies, we will sell them online. This will allow us to sell globally and impact millions to make millions. It could become mainly passive too once the movies are on the site because people could pay on the site and download from their computer. Once we make enough money to show we are a successful company venture capitalists will invest in us and we will expand to have an actual headquarters so I can hire a bigger team and make more money. I wont be doing too much work other than coming up with the stories, general storyboards, and running the company. If it gets to be too much I can always sell it and retire.
Doing it this way would take me 5 to 6 years if since i'm passionate and my parents support me and I can dedicate all my time to it. DOing it the previous way would take me like 20 years I would estimate I wouldn't make any millions till I'm like 55 or 60. The barrier to entry isn't too low since not many people can animate, i can impact millions and make a lot.
I know I would be trading time for money but I don't think I would do too much work once I have an actual company running with staff and I wouldn't care because I would enjoy doing it anyway as opposed to being retired.
eventually I would want to open a theme park one day =) like disneyland
I just don't care about MLM enough to do it that way it's too boring. I've thought of making the animation company website have a blog and affiliate links to make money with affiliating as well ( blog about art) but I don't want to do both affiliating and animation because it would be too much work and I would end up failing in both.
So before I read the book my plan was:
take a years worth of art classes and a couple animation classes at college, then transfer to a good animation school then intern for an animation studio, work for them for a few years, and start my business.
After reading the millionaire fastlane :
Start the business now. I'm already very talented at art, and as long as I know a couple animation programs ( I'm self learning) I can produce movies. Also I will be hiring interns ( students out of college) to do most of the work for me for free since they will be interns. I'll pay them once we make money I got this idea from the book when it said that fastlaners HIRE people with MBAs, they don't get one themselves.
My company will create animated movies, we will sell them online. This will allow us to sell globally and impact millions to make millions. It could become mainly passive too once the movies are on the site because people could pay on the site and download from their computer. Once we make enough money to show we are a successful company venture capitalists will invest in us and we will expand to have an actual headquarters so I can hire a bigger team and make more money. I wont be doing too much work other than coming up with the stories, general storyboards, and running the company. If it gets to be too much I can always sell it and retire.
Doing it this way would take me 5 to 6 years if since i'm passionate and my parents support me and I can dedicate all my time to it. DOing it the previous way would take me like 20 years I would estimate I wouldn't make any millions till I'm like 55 or 60. The barrier to entry isn't too low since not many people can animate, i can impact millions and make a lot.
I know I would be trading time for money but I don't think I would do too much work once I have an actual company running with staff and I wouldn't care because I would enjoy doing it anyway as opposed to being retired.
eventually I would want to open a theme park one day =) like disneyland
I just don't care about MLM enough to do it that way it's too boring. I've thought of making the animation company website have a blog and affiliate links to make money with affiliating as well ( blog about art) but I don't want to do both affiliating and animation because it would be too much work and I would end up failing in both.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
