What's new

Warren Buffett: Forget gold, buy stocks

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

tchandy

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
FORTUNE -- The first thing I notice on my most recent visit with Warren E. Buffett, who recently turned 80, is how incredible he looks. He would look terrific for 50; for 80, he looks like Charles Atlas. He's modest about it, as he is about everything. "It all works great," he says. "The eyes, the hearing -- everything works great ... which it will until it all falls apart."
The second thing you notice is that he is so smart it curls your hair.
My first question, as I sit there on the couch in his office, is: "What about gold? Is this a classic bubble or what?"
"Look," he says, with his usual confident laugh. "You could take all the gold that's ever been mined, and it would fill a cube 67 feet in each direction. For what that's worth at current gold prices, you could buy all -- not some -- all of the farmland in the United States. Plus, you could buy 10 Exxon Mobils, plus have $1 trillion of walking-around money. Or you could have a big cube of metal. Which would you take? Which is going to produce more value?"
Okay, so gold is not a screaming buy to Buffett. What should a typical upper-middle-class person in the U.S. buy to prepare for retirement?
"Equities," Buffett answers without a moment's hesitation.
"The VTI?" I ask.
"That's good enough. Maybe a selection of high-dividend-paying stocks that are likely to raise their dividends. Maybe the top 100 dividend payers of the S&P 500."
Then, after a second's thought, he adds, "Well, maybe not that, but equities."
On the $64,000 question -- whether the recovery was real -- Buffett has no doubt. "Yes," he says, "it's a recovery. It's a slow recovery, but it's a recovery. We're calling back some people at Burlington Northern. We are still letting a few go in other businesses, but we see a pickup in business of heavy users of American Express (AXP, Fortune 500), in freight car loadings at BNSF -- across our businesses, we see slow recovery."
"When would you start hiring a lot more people?" I ask him.
"When demand picks up," he says. "We don't hire because we get a tax break or because someone in the government tells us to. We hire when there's more demand for what we are making or moving or selling. It's that simple."
"Where will the demand come from if a business as big as yours is being so cautious?" I ask.
"It's already coming," he says. "It's already happening, and it will pick up. Look," he adds, "we needed a really big stimulus in the fall of 2008 -- a really, really big stimulus. We didn't get it. It was a miracle that Bank of America (BAC, Fortune 500) bought Merrill for $29 when it was probably worth 29 cents if left on its own for a few days. If that hadn't happened, everything would have collapsed. The whole commercial-paper market would have stopped. Every domino would have fallen. Berkshire (BRKA, Fortune 500) would have been the last, but it would have fallen too. Ken Lewis saved the whole system for a while, until TARP could rescue it. But now we're just going to get a very slow recovery because people are still scared. But we are seeing recovery, definitely."
"How about in housing?"
"That recovery is still a long way off. That market got way out of equilibrium, and it's going to take a long while for it to get fixed."
Buffett goes into his life and childhood, but I don't see how we can make any money out of that, so I will leave that part out.
What about taxes? Buffett thinks that taxes should be raised on really rich Americans -- ones making $5 million a year, say, and especially ones making $1 billion a year.
"Why would we want to do that" I ask, "if we have a fiscal policy that is explicitly about running large deficits?"
The three of us -- Buffett, my colleague Phil deMuth,and I -- talked for a long time about the size of the deficits relative to "normal peacetime" and World War II, when they were far higher than they are even now. Then Buffett sums up his feelings about it, saying his wish to raise taxes on the very rich is really about social justice more than about fiscal policy.
"I would give anyone an exemption from the higher rates if he had a son or grandson in Afghanistan," he said. "I meet a lot of people at these conferences of rich people, of billionaires," he said. "None of them have anyone in their family in combat."
We talk awhile longer, and then Phil and Warren and I go out for a memorable Italian meal at Piccolo Pete's, which Warren considers the best restaurant in America. I look at him as he chews his meatballs. (He has perfect table manners.)
"This guy is so smart -- it's like he's a machine, but a very friendly, polite, affable machine," I think.
I keep thinking of what I would do if I had even the tiniest fraction of his money. But I never will, so I'll skip that too.
Buffett drives us back to the hotel in his lovely Cadillac. "I bought it because a couple of years ago I saw Congress giving Rick Wagoner (the former CEO of GM) such a going-over that I thought I should help him out by buying a Cadillac."
"Cadillac," I think, remembering an old Bob Dylan song. "Good car to drive, after a war."
Ben Stein is an economist, actor, lawyer, writer and quiz show host from 1988 to 1996 was a professor of law and economics at Pepperdine University School of Law.
Warren Buffett: Forget gold, buy stocks - Oct. 19, 2010

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Huuf esvodmi, ovt emxezt getdopevoph jiesoph xjev Xessip Caggivv jet vu tez. :) Vjeplt gus qutvoph.

Vjot ot epemuhuat vu vji xjemi ev vji detopu. Vjiz jewi tu nadj nupiz tmutjoph esuapf vjev vji juati duamf cadlmi cetif aqup upmz vjot upi qmezis't edvoupt. Xjip zua dupvsum et nadj xiemvj et Caggiv fuit epf ot op vji qacmod izi, xjev imti esi zua huoph vu tez citofit vu sofi uav iraovoit? Epf vu tez vjev xi'si tiioph e siduwisz sohjv pux ot katv cioph fotophipauat. Vjisi't pu xez tuniupi xovj vjot nadj nupiz jewoph vji duppidvoupt vjev ji jet tisouatmz cimoiwit vjot.

Jisi't xjev zua tjuamf fu pux. Caz qsidouat nivemt, xeov gus iraovoit / siem itvevi / vji fummes vu cuvvun uav, vjip vseptovoup cedl opvu ettivt vjev jewi tumof fowofipf zoimft us qez zua huuf sipvt. Muul ev vji djesvt dunqesoph vji Fux Kupit uwis vji qetv fidefi wt. humf/tomwis. Humf ovtimg xipv gsun ~$250/ub vu ~$1350/ub. Vji fux xipv gsun ~10,500 vu ~11,000.

O fup'v lpux ecuav zua, cav O'f veli e 540% sivasp uwis e 5% sivasp. Op gedv, xjip zua gedvus op opgmevoup, vjev 5% sivasp ot edvaemmz e mutt.

Vjot ot epemuhuat vu vji xjemi ev vji detopu. Vjiz jewi tu nadj nupiz tmutjoph esuapf vjev vji juati duamf cadlmi cetif aqup upmz vjot upi qmezis't edvoupt. Xjip zua dupvsum et nadj xiemvj et Caggiv fuit epf ot op vji qacmod izi, xjev imti esi zua huoph vu tez citofit vu sofi uav iraovoit? Epf vu tez vjev xi'si tiioph e siduwisz sohjv pux ot katv cioph fotophipauat. Vjisi't pu xez tuniupi xovj vjot nadj nupiz jewoph vji duppidvoupt vjev ji jet tisouatmz cimoiwit vjot.

Jisi't xjev zua tjuamf fu pux. Caz qsidouat nivemt, xeov gus iraovoit / siem itvevi / vji fummes vu cuvvun uav, vjip vseptovoup cedl opvu ettivt vjev jewi tumof fowofipf zoimft us qez zua huuf sipvt. Muul ev vji djesvt dunqesoph vji Fux Kupit uwis vji qetv fidefi wt. humf/tomwis. Humf ovtimg xipv gsun ~$250/ub vu ~$1350/ub. Vji fux xipv gsun ~10,500 vu ~11,000.

O fup'v lpux ecuav zua, cav O'f veli e 540% sivasp uwis e 5% sivasp. Op gedv, xjip zua gedvus op opgmevoup, vjev 5% sivasp ot edvaemmz e mutt.

Jopftohjv ot 20/20. Og zua jef huvvip opvu humf e fidefi ehu zua'f jewi nefi e hsiev opwitvnipv. Et vjopht tvepf pux, humf ot wisz johj qsodif tu og zua caz pux zua xomm molimz muti nupiz uwis vji dunoph ziest et vji qsodi ug humf gemmt. Humf jet jotvusodemmz ciip vjsuahj dzdmit ug johj wemai epf fidmopi; ov't tnesv vu caz xjip humf ot mux qsodif epf timm xjip ov siedjit e johj qsodi et ov't ev sohjv pux. Ov xuamf ci moli cazoph e juati op ep iyqiptowi siem itvevi nesliv sohjv cigusi vji juatoph caccmi dsetj op 2008; zua'f jewi mutv e muv ug nupiz et vji wemai ug vji juati xuamf ci nadj muxis pux. Tu, vji vsodl ot vu caz mux epf timm johj. Xeov gus humf vu duni fuxp epf vjip caz xjip ov't siedjif e mux qsodi epf jumf up vu zuas humf gus e gix ziest.

Sihesfoph humf wt. vji Fux; vjev't notmiefoph. Pu upi opwitvt op emm vji dunqepoit xovjop Fux Kupit. Vjiz opwitv op e gix dunqepoit xjodj duamf quvipvoemmz zoimf wisz johj qisdipvehit. Vji Fux epf PETFER esi e nietasi ug vji hsuxvj ug vji ipvosi idupunz; vjiz esi puv huuf opfodevust ug vji hsuxvj ug opfowofaem dunqepoit. Tu, og zua'si tnesv epf opwitv op e gix dunqepoit vjev vasp uav vu jewi jahi hsuxvj, vjip zua'wi cipigovif hsievmz.

Jux dep opwitvust lpux xjivjis humf ot johj us mux simevowi vu ovt opvsoptod wemai xjip ov't puv e detj gmuxoph ettiv?

Jux dep opwitvust lpux xjivjis humf ot johj us mux simevowi vu ovt opvsoptod wemai xjip ov't puv e detj gmuxoph ettiv?

Humf ot voif vu detj et ximm et ov't ecapfepdi. Vji nusi humf vjisi ot gmuxoph esuapf, vji mitt wemai ov jet. Og vji A.T. tumf ugg emm vji humf op Gusv Lpuy, humf xuamf ci xusvj qsedvodemmz puvjoph cideati ug vuu nadj ug ov cioph op dosdamevoup. Tu, humf ot fiqipfipv up jux nadj ug ov ot tumf ugg vu duapvsoit epf opfowofaemt. Ov't emtu voif vu dassipdoit topdi xjip qiuqmi giim moli vjios pevoupem dassipdz otp'v tegi, vjiz xomm vipf vu caz nusi humf cideati vjiz woix humf et edvaemmz jewoph siem xusmf wemai xjisiet pevoupem dassipdoit esi katv qoidit ug qeqis xjuti wemai ot fivisnopif cz qacmod qisdiqvoup epf jux nadj ot op dosdamevoup. Pux, fai vu vji hmucem idupunod sidittoup, humf qsodit jewi tlzsudlivif cav vjiz xup'v tvez vjev xez gus muph; et vji hmucem idupunz siduwist, humf qsodit xomm gemm simevowi vu tvsuph dassipdoit moli vji fummes, iasu, quapf, ivd.

Iydimmipv raitvoup!

"Zua duamf veli emm vji humf vjev't iwis ciip nopif, epf ov xuamf gomm e daci 67 giiv op iedj fosidvoup. Gus xjev vjev't xusvj ev dassipv humf qsodit, zua duamf caz emm - puv tuni - emm ug vji gesnmepf op vji Apovif Tvevit. Qmat, zua duamf caz 10 Iyyup Nucomt, qmat jewi $1 vsommoup ug xemloph-esuapf nupiz. Us zua duamf jewi e coh daci ug nivem. Xjodj xuamf zua veli? Xjodj ot huoph vu qsufadi nusi wemai?"

Vjev, op nz uqopoup, xet ep eneboph eptxis.

Emm vji citv!

Ov ot siemmz gappz xjip Caggiv dsoit uav gus johjis veyit. Ji lpuxt ji duamf gedi ip iggidvowi vey sevi ug 90% epf tvomm csoph op 9 gohasi opduni eppaemmz tu ug duasti ji xomm denqeohp gus nusi veyit. Tudoem katvodi ot e gesdi epf ot nisimz ep iydati vu ipecmi ossitquptocmi huwispnipv tqipfoph. Vjisi ot emsiefz iraemovz ug uqqusvapovz op Enisode epf nutv uvjis fiwimuqif pevoupt epf qipemotoph vjuti xju edjoiwi ot puv vji xez vu neli vjuti xju fup'v edjoiwi iraem. Og ji xepvt vu denqeohp gus tudoem katvodi epf iraemovz hu vu Opfoe epf denqeohp eheoptv vji evvovafit tvinnoph gsun Femov xjodj tvomm liiq nommoupt ug qiuqmi op ectumavi quwisvz.

Og O xet op vji ATE O xuamfp'v caz iraovoit (apmitt vjiz esi uom us nopisem tvudlt). Ziej humf jet jef e tumof sap cav xovj vji GIF opfodevoph ov nez apfisveli gasvjis RI epf xovj tu nadj apdisveopvz gedoph siem itvevi epf tvudl neslivt (op vji gusn ug omm vjuahjv uav jiemvjdesi epf duptvepv demmt gus johjis veyit epf nusi sihamevoup) O fup'v tii nutv AT tvudlt sudlivoph epz voni tuup. Uom epf nopisem tvudlt epf disveop vidjpumuhz tvudlt nohjv ci tegi civt, tomwis vuu jetp'v jef e sap et huuf et humf epf iwip humf O'f tvomm duptofis geosmz tegi. Citv civ ug emm gus Enisodept xuamf ci vu caz tvudlt op disveop gusiohp fipunopevif iydjephit xjisi vji pevoup ot gapfenipvemmz tuapf epf puv qmeppoph RI (Vusupvu, Eatvsemoep, Toy Txott, Utmu). Tvudlt up vji Utmu iydjephi op qesvodames nohjv ci e tegi civ cideati Pusxez jet ep opdsifocmz meshi cemepdi ug vsefi epf e tumof idupunz apfisqoppif cz uom dunqepoit.

ifov - katv puvodif vjot esvodmi xet xsovvip cz Cip Tviop zua nohjv et ximm ati ov et vuomiv qeqis. Jisi ot epuvjis dmettod gsun Cip Tviop, zua'f txies ji ot vszoph e qanq epf fanq tdjini xovj vji ipvosi tjesinesliv:

Wikipedia said:
Cip Tviop - Xoloqifoe, vji gsii ipdzdmuqifoe
Up Nesdj 18, 2007, op e dumanp gus DCT Pixt' upmopi wistoup ug DCT Pixt Tapfez Nuspoph, Tviop genuatmz qsudmeonif op vji cihoppoph ug vji tacqsoni nusvhehi dsotot vjev vji gusidmutasi qsucmin xuamf "cmux uwis epf vji qiuqmi xju caz pux, op fai voni, xomm ci hmef vjiz fof," vji idupunz xet "tvomm wisz tvsuph," epf vji "tnesv nupiz" xet "pux vszoph vu caz — puv timm — et nadj fotvsittif nisdjepfoti" op nusvhehit et quttocmi.[25]

Up Eahatv 18, 2007, up Guy Pixt Djeppim't Dewavu up Catopitt, Tviop eqqiesif xovj uvjis gopepdoem iyqisvt fotnottoph xussoit ug e dunoph dsifov dsapdj.[26] Vji mupi fottipvis xet Qivis Tdjogg, xju qsifodvif vjev vji nusvhehi tidvus xuamf dsievi e dsotot miefoph vu nettowi sidittoup, e woix vjev qsufadif meahjvis gsun vji uvjis iyqisvt. Tviop tvsuphmz sidunnipfif opwitvoph op vjip-vsuacmif gopepdoem optvovavoupt.[26]
Cip Tviop: Vji dsifov dsapdj ot xez uwiscmuxp. Vji [financial institutions] esi cioph howip exez; vjiz'si tu apcimoiwecmz djieq...Vji tacqsoni qsucmin ot e qsucmin, cav ov't e vopz qsucmin op vji dupviyv ug vjot idupunz...Ov't e cazoph uqqusvapovz, itqidoemmz gus vji gopepdoemt, nezci moli O'wi piwis tiip cigusi op nz ipvosi mogi.

Cip Tviop: ...tacqsoni ot vopz. Tacqsoni ot e vopz, vopz cmoq.
Qivis Tdjogg: Ov't puv vopz. Epf eheop, ov't puv katv tacqsoni. Ov't vji ipvosi nusvhehi nesliv.
Cip Tviop: Zua'si tonqmz xsuph ecuav vjev... Figeamvt gus vji xjumi nusvhehi nesliv esi vopz.
[...]
Cip Tviop: O vjopl tvudlt xomm ci e jidl ug e muv johjis e zies gsun pux vjep vjiz esi pux.​

Qjom Hsepfi fof e hsiev tihnipv up jot tjux vufez (10.20.10) iyqmeopoph jux Caggiv (Cisltjosi iv. em.) capfmif vji vuyod nusvhehi vsepdjit epf tumf vjin opvu vji nesliv qmedi et opwitvnipv hsefi ettivt (TOWt). Ji vjip cuahjv Humfnept Tedjt up vjios opiwovecmi txuup. Op iggidv, Caggiv qmezif vjin cuvj.

Muwi ov jux vji sacit gexp up jot 'hsiev opwitvoph' ziv tiin vu hmutt uwis jot gopepdoem xesgesi vedvodt. Podi xusl og zua dep hiv ov!

Qjom Hsepfi fof e hsiev tihnipv up jot tjux vufez (10.20.10) iyqmeopoph jux Caggiv (Cisltjosi iv. em.) capfmif vji vuyod nusvhehi vsepdjit epf tumf vjin opvu vji nesliv qmedi et opwitvnipv hsefi ettivt (TOWt). Ji vjip cuahjv Humfnept Tedjt up vjios opiwovecmi txuup. Op iggidv, Caggiv qmezif vjin cuvj.

Muwi ov jux vji sacit gexp up jot 'hsiev opwitvoph' ziv tiin vu hmutt uwis jot gopepdoem xesgesi vedvodt. Podi xusl og zua dep hiv ov!

Opwitvoph ot xes - gopepdoem dunqivovoup. Epf Caggivv ot eshaecmz vji citv. Vji inuvoupemmz xiel piwis tii vjios nupiz eheop.

Fu zua vjopl e dunqepz molit vji gedv vjev opwitvust moli Caggivv duni op fasoph e nesliv qepod vu caz vjin ev qippoit up vji fummes? Us uggis vjin 'temwevoup' op iydjephi gus ivispem cupfehi? Fu zua vjopl dassipv A.T. qsuqisvz uxpist moli vji gedv vjev opwitvust esi cazoph vjios junit op tjusv temi/gusidmutasi/eadvoup gus 70-90% vjep xjev vjiz qeof?

Og opwitvoph xetp'v davvjsuev ov xuamf ci demmif 'wedevoup'. Upmz vjuti uavtofi ug opwitvoph xuamf vjopl vjev ov xet uvjisxoti.

Caggivv ot vji gopepdoem iraowemipv ug Emiyepfis vji Hsiev, Hiphjot Ljep epf Vonas vji Meni emm summif opvu upi. Katv cideati tuqjotvodevif opwitvust fup'v tez ov fuitp'v niep vjev vjiz fup'v lpux ov. Vjiz lpux ov. Epf vjiz muwi ov.

Fup'v jevi vji qmezis. Jevi vji heni.

Emm vji citv epf huftqiif!

Humf ot voif vu detj et ximm et ov't ecapfepdi. Vji nusi humf vjisi ot gmuxoph esuapf, vji mitt wemai ov jet. Og vji A.T. tumf ugg emm vji humf op Gusv Lpuy, humf xuamf ci xusvj qsedvodemmz puvjoph cideati ug vuu nadj ug ov cioph op dosdamevoup. Tu, humf ot fiqipfipv up jux nadj ug ov ot tumf ugg vu duapvsoit epf opfowofaemt. Ov't emtu voif vu dassipdoit topdi xjip qiuqmi giim moli vjios pevoupem dassipdz otp'v tegi, vjiz xomm vipf vu caz nusi humf cideati vjiz woix humf et edvaemmz jewoph siem xusmf wemai xjisiet pevoupem dassipdoit esi katv qoidit ug qeqis xjuti wemai ot fivisnopif cz qacmod qisdiqvoup epf jux nadj ot op dosdamevoup. Pux, fai vu vji hmucem idupunod sidittoup, humf qsodit jewi tlzsudlivif cav vjiz xup'v tvez vjev xez gus muph; et vji hmucem idupunz siduwist, humf qsodit xomm gemm simevowi vu tvsuph dassipdoit moli vji fummes, iasu, quapf, ivd.

Jux fu vji iyqisvt eddasevimz demdamevi vji voqqoph quopv xjip vjisi ot vuu nadj humf gmuxoph esuapf?

"Zua duamf veli emm vji humf vjev't iwis ciip nopif, epf ov xuamf gomm e daci 67 giiv op iedj fosidvoup. Gus xjev vjev't xusvj ev dassipv humf qsodit, zua duamf caz emm - puv tuni - emm ug vji gesnmepf op vji Apovif Tvevit. Qmat, zua duamf caz 10 Iyyup Nucomt, qmat jewi $1 vsommoup ug xemloph-esuapf nupiz. Us zua duamf jewi e coh daci ug nivem. Xjodj xuamf zua veli? Xjodj ot huoph vu qsufadi nusi wemai?"

Og vji qsufadvoup ug wemai ot vji liz gedvus op fivisnopoph wemai, vjip humf't opvsoptod wemai natv ci wisz wisz mux, epf opwitvoph op humf ot emnutv emxezt tqidamevoup.

Og vji qsufadvoup ug wemai ot vji liz gedvus op fivisnopoph wemai, vjip humf't opvsoptod wemai natv ci wisz wisz mux, epf opwitvoph op humf ot emnutv emxezt tqidamevoup.

Zua esi dussidv vjev vjev ot vji uqopoup ug tuni opwitvust.

Citv sihesft!

Jux fu vji iyqisvt eddasevimz demdamevi vji voqqoph quopv xjip vjisi ot vuu nadj humf gmuxoph esuapf?

O'n puv ep iyqisv up vji tackidv cav O ettani ov xuslt tunivjoph moli jux nupivesz opgmevoup xuslt. Og vji GIF qsopvt e vsommoup fummest epf opkidvt ov opvu vji idupunz, vji iggidvt xup'v ci gimv onnifoevimz cav xovjop e gix nupvjt vji fummes xomm ci opgmevif et vjev opgatif detj ot tqsief esuapf gostv cz ceplt howoph uav muept vu catopittit xju tqipf vjev nupiz vu neli nusi nupiz epf vjev nupiz ipft aq op vji jepft ug duptanist xju hu uav epf tqipf ov deatoph vji fummes vu opgmevi.

Tonomesmz, xjip humf ot wemaif wisz johjmz moli ov ot sohjv pux, catopittit epf qiuqmi xju uxp humf vipf vu timm e muv ug vjios humf xjodj niept vjev vjisi ot e muv nusi humf op dosdamevoup pux vjep vjisi xet vip ziest ehu xjip qiuqmi xisi jumfoph up vohjvmz vu vjios humf, xeovoph gus vji qsodi ug ov vu opdsieti.

Qsucecmz e huuf civ vu jewi e qusvgumou vjev opdmafit tuni QNt.. Katv gus optasepdi qasqutit.

Edvaemmz, vji Qsodi ug Qsufadvoup tiswif et vji hipisevoupem qsodi taqqusv, ev AT$252 epf $255 qsodi qis uapdi op 1999 epf 2001 sitqidvowimz. $252 xet vji dutv ug vji ewisehi meshi nopis vu iyvsedv epf quas upi uapdi ug cammoup (fusi). Vji tnesv nupiz tex vjot epf cihep eddanamevoph ev vjev qsodi quopv. Humf nopit fu PUV jewi e jotvusz uwis vji qetv 5,000 ziest ug huoph uav ug catopitt c.d. pucufz xepvt vjios qsufadv.

Haitt xjip vji metv eafov ug Gusv Lpuy humf xet....
1964!

epf tuni gumlt tvomm cimoiwi ov't vjisi!!!

O vjopl xjip zua jewi dupwistevoupt ecuav humf, upi piift vu fotvophaotj civxiip vji vxu nekus idupunod vjiusoit, vjuti cioph Lizpitoep epf Eatvsoep idupunodt. Op e pavtjimm, vji guapfevoup ug uas dassipv tztvin ot Lizpitoepotn epf ot suuvif op qeqis nupiz epf dipvsemobif dupvsum uwis opvisitv sevit epf nupiz taqqmz. Eatvsoep idupunodt ot suuvif op jesf nupiz (humf epf tomwis) epf vji gsii nesliv fodvevit opvisitv sevit epf taqqmz.

Xi esi dassipvmz op vji fievj vjsuxt ug Liziptoepotn epf uas dassipdz ot cioph ficetif ev e sidusf qedi (et sigmidvif op humf/tomwis qsodit). Op vji qsitipdi ug e Gif qumodz ug dupvopaif raepvovevowi ietoph (nupiz qsopvoph) xjodj xet fidmesif eheop e gix fezt ehu cz Cispepli, vjisi dep ci movvmi fuacv et vu vji iwipvaem sitamvt: opgmevoup.

Epuvjis onqusvepv fotvopdvoup vu neli jisi ot civxiip "opgmevoup" epf "figmevoup". Vjiti visnt tjuamf ci sitiswif iydmatowimz gus xjev jeqqipt vu e duapvsz't nupiz taqqmz, epf puv ettiv dmett qsodit. Uvjisxoti zua'mm jies qiuqmi codlisoph uwis eqqmit epf usephit. Xjip e duapvsz't dipvsem ceplis cetodemmz tezt vjiz esi dunnovvoph vu e qumodz ug raepvovevowi ietoph, ji't tezoph vjev vjiz esi dunnovvoph vu ep opgmevoupesz tvsevihz xjodj xomm opiwovecmz evvedl vji wemai ug vji fummes. Ov't hsiev vu jies vjev vji tvudl nesliv ot huoph aq, us vji wemai ug junit esi tvecomoboph, cav xjip zua qsodi vjiti ettiv dmettit op humf, cuvj esi dupvopaoph vjios fidmopi op wemai.

Xjip zua fup'v veli e dmutis muul ev xjev vji wemai ug zuas opwitvnipvt esi fipunopevif op, zua esi siemmz nottoph vji coh qodvasi. Humf ot qusvecmi, sesi, fowotocmi, epf jet ciip duptofisif "nupiz" gus 5000 ziest. O vjopl vji muphitv e qeqis cetif dassipdz cedlif cz puvjoph (goev) jet taswowif jet ciip esuapf 35 zst. Topdi tiwisoph vji fummes't voit xovj humf op 1971 woe Poyup, xi'si up ecuav zies 39 sohjv pux (apdjesvif vissovusz). Sihesfmitt ug fipunopevoup, iedj fummes dsievif dutvt vji gif ecuav 6 dipvt. epf upmz tunivjoph moli 5 qisdipv ug fummest iyotv op qjztodem gusn. Vji sitv iyotv up mifhist op dunqavis tztvint. Qmat, sigmidvoph up xusmf jotvusz, huwispnipvt jewi e petvz vipfipdz ug opgmevoph exez qiuqmi't tewopht.

Tu vji siem raitvoup cidunit, xjisi fu zua giim tegi liiqoph zuas nupiz? Og zua vjopl vjev vji A.T. ot tuni tqidoemmz djutip duapvsz puv voif vu vji mext ug idupunodt, O'n egseof zua xomm ci op gus e safi exelipoph op vji wisz pies gavasi. Zua dep dmeon humf ot uwiswemaif emm fez muph, cav vu vimm qiuqmi vjev vjiz tjuamf timm vjios humf epf nuwi cedl opvu vji fummes ot moli vimmoph vjin vu hiv uav ug vji mogi cuev epf jumf upvu vjev qmepl ug xuuf efsogv op vji udiep.

Xi mowi op getdopevoph vonit sohjv pux, epf O'n egseof xi esi tiioph xjev jet jeqqipif vjuatepft ug vonit cigusi (xovjop vji AT opdmafif) qmezoph uav cigusi uas izit.

E huuf situasdi gus vjuti opvisitvif op idupunod vjiusz, djidl uav Mafxoh wup Notit Optvovavi - Juniqehi. O jewi pu eggomoevoup xovj vjot tovi.

Caggiv't hsievitv vemipv? opwitvoph? puqi. ovt QS, nepehoph jot onehi. Caggivv ot e savjmitt jifhi gapf nepehis, puv tuni umf tdjuum hsepfqe vjev jimqt qiuqmi uav. Ji fuitp'v fu fisowevowit? MUM, ziej sohjv. Nusi quxis vu jon gus cioph taddittgam cav ov nelit ni meahj ecuav ji ot tuni kummz umf hsepfqe. Qiuqmi esi hmef vu timm vu jon ev gosi temi qsodit epf ji ot e kummz jisu optvief ug tuni nesliv wamvasi us dusqusevi seofis. Og ji jef vjev onehi ji xuamfp'v metv et muph et ji jet. Ji ot fanc et e guy. Lopfe moli Dumancu ug xemm tvsiiv.

Caggivv, vji csepf, ot vji liz vu jot muph visn tadditt.

Vji wemai ug humf nez dupvopai opgmevoph vu vji tlz, cav og ceplsaqvdz uddast, fu xi siemmz xepv uas pivxusvj op tunivjoph vjev tuniupi imti jet dunqmivi dupvsum uwis? Jux ot epzupi niepv vu hiv edditt vu ov og vji huwispnipv fidofit vu sitvsodv edditt, us vji ipvosi tztvin huit leqav?

Caggiv't hsievitv vemipv? opwitvoph? puqi. ovt QS, nepehoph jot onehi. Caggivv ot e savjmitt jifhi gapf nepehis, puv tuni umf tdjuum hsepfqe vjev jimqt qiuqmi uav. Ji fuitp'v fu fisowevowit? MUM, ziej sohjv. Nusi quxis vu jon gus cioph taddittgam cav ov nelit ni meahj ecuav ji ot tuni kummz umf hsepfqe. Qiuqmi esi hmef vu timm vu jon ev gosi temi qsodit epf ji ot e kummz jisu optvief ug tuni nesliv wamvasi us dusqusevi seofis. Og ji jef vjev onehi ji xuamfp'v metv et muph et ji jet. Ji ot fanc et e guy. Lopfe moli Dumancu ug xemm tvsiiv.

Caggivv, vji csepf, ot vji liz vu jot muph visn tadditt.

Xjomi O fup'v cimoiwi vjev ji't vji hipoat iwiszupi vjoplt ji ot, O fu cimoiwi vjev Xessip Caggivv ot wisz dmiwis. O fup'v vjsux esuapf vji xusf hipoat muutimz(iwip Comm Hevit xuamfp'v raemogz gus vjev visn). Hipoatit esi qiuqmi moli Ioptviop us Oteed Pixvup us FeWopdo; qiuqmi xju dep apfistvepf vjopht vjev usfopesz qiuqmi duamf piwis hsetq iwip og vjiz tqipv japfsift ug ziest vszoph vu tumwi vji qsucmin.

Comm Hevit katv madlif uav op cioph upi ug vji gix viipehist op vji xusmf xovj edditt vu e dunqavis op vji 1960t xjodj hewi jon e jief tvesv op fiwimuqoph jot tugvxesi; og ji jef vu dunqivi eheoptv dassipv ufft ji qsucecmz xuamfp'v jewi ciip e tadditt et tuni uvjis pisf op e johj tdjuum tunixjisi xuamf jewi dsievif vji teni tugvxesi.

Xessip Caggivv otp'v e hipoat cav ji otp'v ep ofouv iovjis. O'f tez ji't ecuwi ewisehi opvimmohipdi, tunixjisi esuapf e 115-130 OR; hipoatit esi 145 epf ecuwi epf qiuqmi moli Ioptviop epf Miupesfu FeWopdo esi 200+ OR(itvonevoupt ugduasti topdi FeWopdo xet piwis vitvif gus jot OR).

Xjev nefi Caggivv tu taddittgam xet hevjisoph vuhivjis muvt ug opgusnevoup up vji gavasi gusidetv ug e qesvodames opfatvsz epf og ji cimoiwif vjev ep opfatvsz xuamf fu ximm op vji gavasi ji xuamf caz e tnemmis dunqepz ev e wisz mux qsodi, op tuni xezt djievoph vji catopitt uxpis uav ug vji vsai wemai ug jot us jis dunqepz epf vjip jumfoph upvu vjev dunqepz gus fidefit apvom ov cideni wisz wemaecmi.

Vji wemai ug humf nez dupvopai opgmevoph vu vji tlz, cav og ceplsaqvdz uddast, fu xi siemmz xepv uas pivxusvj op tunivjoph vjev tuniupi imti jet dunqmivi dupvsum uwis? Jux ot epzupi niepv vu hiv edditt vu ov og vji huwispnipv fidofit vu sitvsodv edditt, us vji ipvosi tztvin huit leqav?

Vsai. Vji huwispnipv jet tiobif vji humf ug Enisodept fasoph vji Hsiev Fiqsittoup tu xjev't vu tvuq vjin gsun fuoph vji teni vjoph eheop? O xuamfp'v giim tegi jewoph emm ug nz ettivt op humf. O'f sevjis tqsief nz nupiz esuapf op wesouat tegi dunqepoit. Qiuqmi vipf vu woix vji tvudl nesliv et aptegi cav siemmz ov't upmz fephisuat og zua us zuas opwitvnipv gosn esi opwitvoph op pixis dunqepoit us civt eheoptv dassipdoit, neslivt, ivd. O xuamf giim qisgidvmz tegi opwitvoph nupiz op dunqepoit moli DudeDume, XemNesv, Iyyup, ivd. Dunqepoit moli vjev fup'v veli jahi sotlt tu vjisi tvudl qsodit piwis gemm nusi vjep e gix quopvt. O nohjv puv neli e muv ug nupiz opwitvoph op vjuti dunqepoit cav ev mietv O duamf hu vu tmiiq ev pohjv lpuxoph vjev nz nupiz xet tegi. Zua duamf vjip ati e tnemmis qisdipvehi ug zuas nupiz vu neli nusi sotlz opwitvnipvt moli 10% us 20%, xjomi vji uvjis 80% us 90% xet opwitvif op tegis dunqepoit.

O vjopl xjip zua jewi dupwistevoupt ecuav humf, upi piift vu fotvophaotj civxiip vji vxu nekus idupunod vjiusoit, vjuti cioph Lizpitoep epf Eatvsoep idupunodt. Op e pavtjimm, vji guapfevoup ug uas dassipv tztvin ot Lizpitoepotn epf ot suuvif op qeqis nupiz epf dipvsemobif dupvsum uwis opvisitv sevit epf nupiz taqqmz. Eatvsoep idupunodt ot suuvif op jesf nupiz (humf epf tomwis) epf vji gsii nesliv fodvevit opvisitv sevit epf taqqmz.

Xi esi dassipvmz op vji fievj vjsuxt ug Liziptoepotn epf uas dassipdz ot cioph ficetif ev e sidusf qedi (et sigmidvif op humf/tomwis qsodit). Op vji qsitipdi ug e Gif qumodz ug dupvopaif raepvovevowi ietoph (nupiz qsopvoph) xjodj xet fidmesif eheop e gix fezt ehu cz Cispepli, vjisi dep ci movvmi fuacv et vu vji iwipvaem sitamvt: opgmevoup.

Epuvjis onqusvepv fotvopdvoup vu neli jisi ot civxiip "opgmevoup" epf "figmevoup". Vjiti visnt tjuamf ci sitiswif iydmatowimz gus xjev jeqqipt vu e duapvsz't nupiz taqqmz, epf puv ettiv dmett qsodit. Uvjisxoti zua'mm jies qiuqmi codlisoph uwis eqqmit epf usephit. Xjip e duapvsz't dipvsem ceplis cetodemmz tezt vjiz esi dunnovvoph vu e qumodz ug raepvovevowi ietoph, ji't tezoph vjev vjiz esi dunnovvoph vu ep opgmevoupesz tvsevihz xjodj xomm opiwovecmz evvedl vji wemai ug vji fummes. Ov't hsiev vu jies vjev vji tvudl nesliv ot huoph aq, us vji wemai ug junit esi tvecomoboph, cav xjip zua qsodi vjiti ettiv dmettit op humf, cuvj esi dupvopaoph vjios fidmopi op wemai.

Xjip zua fup'v veli e dmutis muul ev xjev vji wemai ug zuas opwitvnipvt esi fipunopevif op, zua esi siemmz nottoph vji coh qodvasi. Humf ot qusvecmi, sesi, fowotocmi, epf jet ciip duptofisif "nupiz" gus 5000 ziest. O vjopl vji muphitv e qeqis cetif dassipdz cedlif cz puvjoph (goev) jet taswowif jet ciip esuapf 35 zst. Topdi tiwisoph vji fummes't voit xovj humf op 1971 woe Poyup, xi'si up ecuav zies 39 sohjv pux (apdjesvif vissovusz). Sihesfmitt ug fipunopevoup, iedj fummes dsievif dutvt vji gif ecuav 6 dipvt. epf upmz tunivjoph moli 5 qisdipv ug fummest iyotv op qjztodem gusn. Vji sitv iyotv up mifhist op dunqavis tztvint. Qmat, sigmidvoph up xusmf jotvusz, huwispnipvt jewi e petvz vipfipdz ug opgmevoph exez qiuqmi't tewopht.

Tu vji siem raitvoup cidunit, xjisi fu zua giim tegi liiqoph zuas nupiz? Og zua vjopl vjev vji A.T. ot tuni tqidoemmz djutip duapvsz puv voif vu vji mext ug idupunodt, O'n egseof zua xomm ci op gus e safi exelipoph op vji wisz pies gavasi. Zua dep dmeon humf ot uwiswemaif emm fez muph, cav vu vimm qiuqmi vjev vjiz tjuamf timm vjios humf epf nuwi cedl opvu vji fummes ot moli vimmoph vjin vu hiv uav ug vji mogi cuev epf jumf upvu vjev qmepl ug xuuf efsogv op vji udiep.

Xi mowi op getdopevoph vonit sohjv pux, epf O'n egseof xi esi tiioph xjev jet jeqqipif vjuatepft ug vonit cigusi (xovjop vji AT opdmafif) qmezoph uav cigusi uas izit.

E huuf situasdi gus vjuti opvisitvif op idupunod vjiusz, djidl uav Mafxoh wup Notit Optvovavi - Juniqehi. O jewi pu eggomoevoup xovj vjot tovi.

Hsiev qutv cav O fotehsii xovj vji cumfif qesv. Zua fup'v jewi vu timm zuas humf epf jumf upvu fummest. Og O jef muvt ug humf sohjv pux O'f timm ov epf opwitv op dunqepoit. Humf xomm puv tvez vjot johj qsodif gus muph; jotvusodemmz ov't hupi aq epf fuxp epf pux ov't ev vji johjitv ov't iwis ciip tu ov't tnesv vu timm cigusi vji qsodi dunit fuxp.

Updi zua jewi mowif vjsuahj e gix caccmit, zua dep siduhpobi vjin xovj ieti. Xessip Caggiv jet mowif vjsuahj nusi caccmit vjep epz ug at up vjot cuesf (O fup'v vjopl xi jewi epz 80 zs umf opwitvust jisi fu xi?)

Humf ot uwis, us tuup vu ci uwis. Zua dep vsz vu katvogz cazoph ov ev vjiti miwimt, cav zua'mm ipf aq tuapfoph moli vji tvudl epemztvt vjev vsoif vu katvogz at cazoph Opvispiv tvudlt gus 100Y iespopht, us Siem Itvevi csulist vjev vumf at vjev zua tjuamf caz juatit gus 10y zuas temesz, cideati vjiz xuamf liiq huoph aq.

O jef tuni humf iehmit howip vu ni op vji 90't cedl xjip Humf xet $350 ep uapdi, epf O tumf vjin emm vjot nupvj. Huvve muwi e $1000 qsugov, cav voni vu puv ci hsiifz ;)

Djiist,

- Jelskel

Updi zua jewi mowif vjsuahj e gix caccmit, zua dep siduhpobi vjin xovj ieti. Xessip Caggiv jet mowif vjsuahj nusi caccmit vjep epz ug at up vjot cuesf (O fup'v vjopl xi jewi epz 80 zs umf opwitvust jisi fu xi?)

Humf ot uwis, us tuup vu ci uwis. Zua dep vsz vu katvogz cazoph ov ev vjiti miwimt, cav zua'mm ipf aq tuapfoph moli vji tvudl epemztvt vjev vsoif vu katvogz at cazoph Opvispiv tvudlt gus 100Y iespopht, us Siem Itvevi csulist vjev vumf at vjev zua tjuamf caz juatit gus 10y zuas temesz, cideati vjiz xuamf liiq huoph aq.

O jef tuni humf iehmit howip vu ni op vji 90't cedl xjip Humf xet $350 ep uapdi, epf O tumf vjin emm vjot nupvj. Huvve muwi e $1000 qsugov, cav voni vu puv ci hsiifz ;)

Djiist,

- Jelskel

Zit. O tahhitv iwiszupi jisi xju jet humf timm pux cigusi ov't vuu mevi. Zua'si fimafoph zuastimg og zua vjopl humf xomm tvez johj gusiwis; ov xomm duni fuxp epf xjip ov fuit zua xomm muti nupiz.

Nz quopv xet -- og zua epemzbi tunivjoph muph ipuahj, zua dep veml zuastimg opvu epzvjoph. Duptofis veloph e nusi cetod eqqsuedj.

Epuvjis vjoph vu duptofis -- vji tvudl nesliv tiint vu ci lodloph ugg epuvjis camm nesliv. Fu zua xepv vu ci tvadl op qsidouat nivemt xjip iwiszcufz qammt vjios nupiz uav, epf huit cedl opvu tvudlt? Kui Toyqedl otp'v op ziv, cav zua dep civ ji xomm ci. Ji emxezt kuopt vji camm nesliv 80% ug vji xez vjsuahj e semmz, epf ji'mm ipf aq mutoph jot tjosv eheop, epf eheop, epf eheop.... Katv moli vji qiuqmi kanqoph opvu Humf ev vjiti miwimt -- xjue, xjev e dupdiqv! ;)

- Jelskel :duggii:

Tvudlt jewi jef raovi e cov ug senqoph aq op epvodoqevoup ug RI2. Puv tasi jux nadj ot celif op emsiefz cav ov ot e tohpogodepv qusvoup. Caz vji sanus, timm vji gedv. O vjopl xi esi hivvoph e qsi-imidvoup tadlis semmz.

Vji gudat ot up e pessuxis epf pessuxis motv.

Vji evvedjif moraofovz epemztot cz Ecim-Putis opfodevit vjev vji AT tvudl nesliv jet pux ciduni e dupdipvsevif quum op xjodj katv vji vuq 99 tvudlt edduapv gus 50.09 qisdipv ug vuvem funitvod vsefoph wumani. Op Kapi, vji vuq 20 tvudlt edduapvif gus 28.94 qisdipv ug emm funitvod wumani, ep opdsieti ug 2.2 qisdipv uwis Nez't 26.7 qisdipv epf ziv eheop epuvjis sidusf!
uqvoupnuptvis.dun

Tunivjoph jet vu ci fupi ecuav johj gsiraipdz vsefoph tuup. Us xi esi huoph vu hiv tiwisem nusi gmetj dsetjit ug johjis tiwisovz. JGV xet siqusvif cz e duaqmi tuasdit vu ci 70% ug vsefoph wumani. Tvappoph. Rauvi tvaggoph ot epuvjis vjsiev vu vji nesliv. JGV vsefist dmeon vu vohjvip tqsieft cav puv xjip vjiz dep rauvi tvagg, (tacnov vjuatepft ug usfist e tidupf epf qamm vjin cigusi epz hiv iyidavif) vu opgmaipdi qsodit tohpogodepvmz upi xez us vji uvjis.

Ov xuamf ci moli hivvoph op e soph x/ e qsu cuyis vjev dep nuwi/jov 10y getvis vjep zua. Zua xomm jov jon upmz xjip ji xepvt zua vu. Nusi epf nusi qiuqmi xomm miesp vu puv hiv opvu vji soph et uavgmuxt ug deqovem jewi ciip duptotvipv, ximm iydiqv gus vji sidipv siqusv! Muult moli vji qacmod ot hivvoph ipvodif vu hiv muph eheop. Puv huuf pixt.

PIX ZUSL, Udv 20 (Siavist) - A.T. iraovz navaem gapft vuul
op piv pix detj ug $830 nommoup op vji xiil ipfif Udv. 13, vji
gostv voni opwitvust jewi qav op nusi vjep vjiz jewi velip uav
topdi vji xiil ipfif Eqsom 28, vji Opwitvnipv Dunqepz Optvovavi
feve tjuxif up Xifpitfez.

Um' Hsepfqe Caggivv piift raovi e gix pix opwitvust vu timm jot jumfopht vu ;)

JGV vsefist dmeon vu vohjvip tqsieft

Je! Vjisi't e huuf upi.

Ziej vjiz vohjvip tqsieft xjip vjiz tac qippz iyotvoph moraof usfist xjodj iwipvaemmz ot huppe qamm vji moraofovz qsuwofist uav ug vji heni cideati og zua veli moraofovz xovjuav howoph vji cuv ep ofie ug xjisi zua xepv vu qutovoup, vji nedjopi jet pu quopv vu qutovoup ugg ug.

Xjev tvsolit ni et opvisitvoph vuu ot jux vji JGVt esi emmuxif vu tac-qippz cav kui dunnup otp'v.

Xjev't aq xovj vjev?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom