- Joined
- May 24, 2013
- Messages
- 353
Rep Bank
$1,330
$1,330
User Power: 160%
Okay, so I have finally decided on a website business idea to pursue.
I intended to go the wordpress route. Just purchase a theme and edit it to my liking. Throughout my search for a theme I noticed all the ones I was clicking and ready to buy, keep saying:
"Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for"
To anyone with experience with this, does this mean I can't profit off of my website??
I went in to the "details" part of the license agreement and from what I can tell, this is the case. Surely not? Another thing it said in the "details" section was this:
"No fee is paid by the end user to access the End Product. The End Product is not sold. No fee is paid to subscribe to a service that includes the End Product (eg a website subscription fee)."
I can't wrap my head around this. I thought wordpress was common to use for websites. I honestly don't care to fork out crazy money to have a developer design a website from scratch. Matter of fact, I can't afford to do that even if I DID want to.
Thanks
I intended to go the wordpress route. Just purchase a theme and edit it to my liking. Throughout my search for a theme I noticed all the ones I was clicking and ready to buy, keep saying:
"Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for"
To anyone with experience with this, does this mean I can't profit off of my website??
I went in to the "details" part of the license agreement and from what I can tell, this is the case. Surely not? Another thing it said in the "details" section was this:
"No fee is paid by the end user to access the End Product. The End Product is not sold. No fee is paid to subscribe to a service that includes the End Product (eg a website subscription fee)."
I can't wrap my head around this. I thought wordpress was common to use for websites. I honestly don't care to fork out crazy money to have a developer design a website from scratch. Matter of fact, I can't afford to do that even if I DID want to.
Thanks
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
