Scott Bradley
New Contributor
- Joined
- Feb 20, 2014
- Messages
- 33
Rep Bank
$120
$120
User Power: 27%
I've read several internet marketing and ecommerce books, and I have tried a few things.
I've still relatively new to it all, - been at it for 3 or so months.
I am just questioning whether I am vastly improving, or I just need more experience at this.
What can I do to stop wasting time?
How can I start a REAL online business as opposed to most of the internet marketing wannabes?
What things will just be a waste of time as to opposed to more successful strategies?
Here is what I have done or tried in the past 3 or so months:
I checked out Elance and Odesk and I tried buying a few things on Fiver, but I wasn't sure if they were scams on that website, because I kept hearing that some things on there were scams. Many of the social bookmarking deals were enticing to buy, and I also needed to have someone create me a website, and I also saw some enticing deals on which they will mention me on their twitter page of thousands of followers. I was also considering paying someone on Fiver to create me a book and sales page.
-I signed up for Wickedfire forum, Warrior Forum, and many of the main internet marketing and SEO forums.
-I am also an active user on Yahoo Answers, but I tried answering some questions putting a few affiliate links from Amazon and Clickbank in some of the answers, and nobody ever clicked on the links or bought any products.
- I signed up for twitter and so far have 103 followers, I signed up for Google+ and now have 140 followers, I have had a Facebook for 3 years that has 150 followers, and my most prominent page is YouTube which I have a 460 subscribers over 6 years. With YouTube I was never good at talking in front of a camera, so in the last 4 years I have posted 50 videos of my music instead . Instagram, Redditt or StumbleUpon I don't have many followers yet.
- I have tried a few SEO techniques.
-I experimented with some free website hosting services like and learned how to use them, and created my first website about weight loss with some monetizing links - I put a Google Ad on my website. And I learned how to submit my website to Google search engine and other search engines.
-I bought Market Samarai and Long Tail Pro, and learned how to do keyword research, and with Google's Keyword Planner
-I tried writing a salespage myself, but they said it sucked, and I needed to hire a copywriter.
They said I was pretty bad at creating titles, and it sounded like my writing wasn't credible, and that they stopped reading after the first sentence because they thought my writing style was boring.
- I learned how to use autoresponders.
-I wrote a book too, but I am not sure it was very good. I need to work on my writing skills I think.
They said my book wasn't narrow in scope enough. So far, I wrote 54 pages of information based on what I had learned from internet marketing books, self sufficiency and living off the grid books, and investing. Basically I had wrote a generalized self improvement book, but that is what was the problem - it was too general. I had a problem coming up with a title for it all, because they said it was to general and that I needed to narrow it in scope.
-I haven't tried social bookmarking, but I did sign up to many social bookmarking sites, especially the most prominent ones. I learned about blog posting, and how to use the major AdNetworks. I haven't tried dropshipping.
So far, I've made zero bucks.
I've still relatively new to it all, - been at it for 3 or so months.
I am just questioning whether I am vastly improving, or I just need more experience at this.
What can I do to stop wasting time?
How can I start a REAL online business as opposed to most of the internet marketing wannabes?
What things will just be a waste of time as to opposed to more successful strategies?
Here is what I have done or tried in the past 3 or so months:
I checked out Elance and Odesk and I tried buying a few things on Fiver, but I wasn't sure if they were scams on that website, because I kept hearing that some things on there were scams. Many of the social bookmarking deals were enticing to buy, and I also needed to have someone create me a website, and I also saw some enticing deals on which they will mention me on their twitter page of thousands of followers. I was also considering paying someone on Fiver to create me a book and sales page.
-I signed up for Wickedfire forum, Warrior Forum, and many of the main internet marketing and SEO forums.
-I am also an active user on Yahoo Answers, but I tried answering some questions putting a few affiliate links from Amazon and Clickbank in some of the answers, and nobody ever clicked on the links or bought any products.
- I signed up for twitter and so far have 103 followers, I signed up for Google+ and now have 140 followers, I have had a Facebook for 3 years that has 150 followers, and my most prominent page is YouTube which I have a 460 subscribers over 6 years. With YouTube I was never good at talking in front of a camera, so in the last 4 years I have posted 50 videos of my music instead . Instagram, Redditt or StumbleUpon I don't have many followers yet.
- I have tried a few SEO techniques.
-I experimented with some free website hosting services like and learned how to use them, and created my first website about weight loss with some monetizing links - I put a Google Ad on my website. And I learned how to submit my website to Google search engine and other search engines.
-I bought Market Samarai and Long Tail Pro, and learned how to do keyword research, and with Google's Keyword Planner
-I tried writing a salespage myself, but they said it sucked, and I needed to hire a copywriter.
They said I was pretty bad at creating titles, and it sounded like my writing wasn't credible, and that they stopped reading after the first sentence because they thought my writing style was boring.
- I learned how to use autoresponders.
-I wrote a book too, but I am not sure it was very good. I need to work on my writing skills I think.
They said my book wasn't narrow in scope enough. So far, I wrote 54 pages of information based on what I had learned from internet marketing books, self sufficiency and living off the grid books, and investing. Basically I had wrote a generalized self improvement book, but that is what was the problem - it was too general. I had a problem coming up with a title for it all, because they said it was to general and that I needed to narrow it in scope.
-I haven't tried social bookmarking, but I did sign up to many social bookmarking sites, especially the most prominent ones. I learned about blog posting, and how to use the major AdNetworks. I haven't tried dropshipping.
So far, I've made zero bucks.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
