Guys,
I need your help. I'm an artist, just started making prints of my paintings, and am debating the best way to sell these prints. Here's some background:
My latest paintings are inspired by sports team rivalries. Here's one titled "Blackhawk vs Red Wing":
The response I'm getting from fans is pretty good. Any time I share a piece, I easily hit #1 on the respective subreddit:
I know that my work is good and will generate sales. The problem is, I have no clue what the best way is to position my work, and get the most targeted eyeballs that will turn into collectors.
Hence, I'm creating this post to try and figure out the best way to approach things.
Here are the options I've considered:
All help appreciated!
I need your help. I'm an artist, just started making prints of my paintings, and am debating the best way to sell these prints. Here's some background:
My latest paintings are inspired by sports team rivalries. Here's one titled "Blackhawk vs Red Wing":
The response I'm getting from fans is pretty good. Any time I share a piece, I easily hit #1 on the respective subreddit:
I know that my work is good and will generate sales. The problem is, I have no clue what the best way is to position my work, and get the most targeted eyeballs that will turn into collectors.
Hence, I'm creating this post to try and figure out the best way to approach things.
Here are the options I've considered:
- Partner with sports teams. They own team stores, stadiums, and have email lists. Possible Problems: Brutality likely not aligned with their brand. Possibly get cease and desist for using a team's likeness (even though everything I'm doing is within the law, I can't really fight a lawsuit).
- Partner with sports stores (Nike, Sports Authority, Dick's or other stores that have physical locations). Possible Problems: Too much bureaucracy to deal with. Also, I don't know if people looking to buy a jersey are the same ones looking to buy wall-art.
- Drive online traffic through Facebook. Possible Problems: Art takes a while to convince someone to buy. Is this a reasonable traffic source?
- Partner with sports leagues. Possible Problems: Likely super hard to do. Also, doubtful that they'd go for it due to the brutality.
- Drive online traffic from sports blogs. Give away art in exchange for posts. Possible Problems: Low conversion rates. Also, can I get enough eyeballs to justify the cost of giving away pieces that are limited edition?
- Go to sports conventions and sell there. Possible Problems: No clue about demand. Would have to invest in inventory and hope I get it right.
- Kickstarter. Have a low goal, and incentivize people drive traffic for me to get the Kickstarter funded + hit milestones. Then reach out to sports blogs, etc. to drive initial traffic.
- Partner w/ StubHub. Convince them to blast out to their email list in exchange for a 50% profit split. Doubt they'll go for it.
All help appreciated!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
