• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting Saturday afternoon 3 PM (MST) 6PM (EST) and for the next 48 hours, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed...
    Thanks, MJ!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

MARKETING What is the Most Secure Video Format?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Kevin_Albany

New Contributor
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
129%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hey, quick question.

We all know that piracy is a problem these days. You can easily spend weeks or months creating an online video course, for example, and soon after releasing it you find it's been pirated and uploaded to another channel or website, completely undercutting your goals and potential revenue.

While there is no fool-proof way to market video and audio courses, in your opinion what is the most secure method (i.e. the method that is most difficult to pirate or rip-off)

M

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
So when I was playing guitar during quarantine I came across a certain platform called RiffHard by John Browne from the band Monuments. I did try to research how to get all the videos from his platform to my computer's hard drive for ease but after many attempts, I could not find a way to download the videos.

I am no anti-piracy expert when it comes to securing your videos. But I wanted to give a starting point that can be expanded upon.
My experience with that particular site is:
1. You login and get taken to a Dashboard.
2. The Dashboard contains Lesson Categories.
3. The lesson categories contain videos that are embedded on the page.
4. When I try to find the source of the video, I find a URL/link that it's hosted on (a separate page).
5. That separate page is then only accessible by the owner/admin of the site.
This is one route you can use to make sure videos don't get pirated. Now I don't know if its foolproof, but from my research/experience, there was no "common" way of downloading the videos to my hard drive.

Tu xjip O xet qmezoph haoves fasoph raesepvopi O deni edsutt e disveop qmevgusn demmif SoggJesf cz Kujp Csuxpi gsun vji cepf Nupanipvt. O fof vsz vu sitiesdj jux vu hiv emm vji wofiut gsun jot qmevgusn vu nz dunqavis't jesf fsowi gus ieti cav egvis nepz evvinqvt, O duamf puv gopf e xez vu fuxpmuef vji wofiut.

O en pu epvo-qosedz iyqisv xjip ov dunit vu tidasoph zuas wofiut. Cav O xepvif vu howi e tvesvoph quopv vjev dep ci iyqepfif aqup.
Nz iyqisoipdi xovj vjev qesvodames tovi ot:
1. Zua muhop epf hiv velip vu e Fetjcuesf.
2. Vji Fetjcuesf dupveopt Mittup Devihusoit.
3. Vji mittup devihusoit dupveop wofiut vjev esi inciffif up vji qehi.
4. Xjip O vsz vu gopf vji tuasdi ug vji wofiu, O gopf e ASM/mopl vjev ov't jutvif up (e tiqesevi qehi).
5. Vjev tiqesevi qehi ot vjip upmz eddittocmi cz vji uxpis/efnop ug vji tovi.
Vjot ot upi suavi zua dep ati vu neli tasi wofiut fup'v hiv qosevif. Pux O fup'v lpux og ovt guumqsuug, cav gsun nz sitiesdj/iyqisoipdi, vjisi xet pu "dunnup" xez ug fuxpmuefoph vji wofiut vu nz jesf fsowi.

Opvisitvoph. Vjeplt gus tjesoph.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back