The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

What they DON'T tell you about journaling

Anything related to matters of the mind

Do you journal regularly?

• No, I struggle with mental waste.

• Yes, I aikido everything into a positive with my pen and paper.

Results are only viewable after voting.

seb077

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 10, 2023
Germany
Let's assume you have a rough understanding of what journaling is.

So, let's not waste time on the basics if you are aware of them anyway.

When you're journaling, you can pretty much alternate between two types of introspection.

1.) OBSERVE what you are currently doing with your life and writing that down. (Let's call it "Observe")

AND

2.) DIVE deep into WHY you are doing WHAT you are currently doing. (call it "Dive")

Nice little Canva-edited pic down below in the attachment for you to explain it further.

Journaling has to take place in a balance of the two.

I used to only do observational journaling for a long time and it didn't get me any further in life and spiritual development.

As the iceberg shows, our actions are rooted "underwater", in hidden motivations/instincts/judgements. (Experts here might accuse me of being a Freud enthusiast: I am.)

You will just never reach this depth if you ONLY observe what you're currently doing.

See the reasons for your behaviour and contemplate: What can you do to change this?

In my case:
  • deep-rooted cause of behaviour: fear of fights at school/on the street etc.
  • solution: pick up martial arts again
ANALYZE your situation: where does this action really come from? What is it motivated by?

Why do you feel tempted to do X, Y, Z?

Journaling used to feel like a chore to me and accounted for ZERO results.

But I still felt obligated to do it "because Hamza said it's good".

Don't get me wrong, it is very good.

But you have to do it in the right way in order to see results. Find what suits you best and use journaling to your ADVANTAGE, not to your detriment.

When will journaling especially help?
  • I found that when I feel "like nothing is on my mind right now", I need journaling the most.
Just a little bonus for you guys.

Let me know what you think. Did this help you?

Hope this helps!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• what we do.png
    what we do.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content