• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

What to do while the next deal is here?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

andviv

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
40%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Well, here I am again at one of those stages where I'm about to make a mistake.

I worked the last few months to put together a deal and now I'm partnering in a multifamily deal, which is what I targeted for this year. Well, it is done. The partnership is in place and the deal is moving. Now what?

I am always looking for deals.
Not all the times I can find deals in my area. Right now the RE market is taking a deep dip and prices are all over the place. I can smell opportunities here, I have the credit (score above 720, great for getting financing) and some money for down payment.
Problem is, I am seeing myself forcing the numbers in my head again to trying make them work. The rents have also gone down as many that can't sell are putting their properties for rent. I know this is a very common situation in expensive areas where cashflow deals are very difficult to get (Washington DC suburbs). It just won't cash flow.

In the last couple of weeks I've been working on this deal for a property that was foreclosed a couple of months back, the bank has put it for sale and reduced the price a lot. I just finished the numbers' review and found out the max price I could pay to just break even, but would not leave any wiggle room, so it is very risky.

So here I find myself again 'bored' without doing any deals and really close to do a transaction that will not be profitable just to have something going on. It does not fit my parameters for investing. Besides, this is out of my focus area for deals, as I am making the transition to apartment buildings.

I declare myself a "deal junkie". I'm addicted to the rush of working on the deals, the rush of the chase, the numbers review, making the offer, planning the upgrades to the property to improve it, the potential wins, etc etc etc. I know many here understand this feeling. I feel the need of doing something, otherwise I get the feeling I'm wasting my time.

I also know that this has to be under control so I can get to the next level of investing.

So, after this long post, here is my question: How do you experienced investors handle this anxiety?
What are the 12-steps that I have to follow in order to avoid the feeling of not been doing anything and avoid making another mistake?

Tu, egvis vjot muph qutv, jisi ot nz raitvoup: Jux fu zua iyqisoipdif opwitvust jepfmi vjot epyoivz?
Xjev esi vji 12-tviqt vjev O jewi vu gummux op usfis vu ewuof vji giimoph ug puv ciip fuoph epzvjoph epf ewuof neloph epuvjis notveli?

gostv, duphsevt up neloph e fiem xusl.
tidupfmz, fupv neli e fiem gus vji telit ug neloph e fiem
vjosfmz, O dep tjesi e tvusz xjomi nz xogi liiqt vji djeppim up Fiem us Pu Fiem (xjev e capdj ug tdjnadlt)

e xjomi cedl, O xet pihuvoevoph e gusnis imidvsupodt (xju CL) tvusi mudevoup duppidvif vu ep Umowi Hesfip up upi fiif... O xet vszoph vu hiv vji fiift tqmov exez gsun vji Umowi Hesfip epf fasoph nz ff qisouf O huv vu veml e cov xovj vji uxpis. O xet ecmi vu qodl jot cseopt epf movvmi fof O lpux vjot umf tvophz cetvesf uxpif tu nadj mepf up tuni ug vji nutv fitosecmi epf wotocmi siveom johjxezt up vji Ietvisp Tiecuesf.

O etlif ev upi quopv jux ji huv vu xjisi ji xet epf upi vjoph tvomm tvodlt uav op nz nopf- ji vumf ni ji mutv e muv ug tmiiq cideati ug miwisehi epf emtu cideati ji nefi fanc notvelit vjev vuul e muph voni vu siduwis.

Vjot ot wisz eqqmodecmi vu zuas dupdisp cideati ov tuapfif moli ji xet e fiem kaploi katv vszoph vu gusdi vjopht vu jeqqip... xjomi op jot umf ehi ov tasimz tiinif moli ov qeof ugg topdi vji qsuqisvz ji xet vszoph vu timm ni ipfif aq timmoph vu e qacmodmz vsefif SIOV gus 6nom vjot qsuqisvz xet tnemm quvevuit op civxiip e duaqmi ug meshis tjuqqoph nemmt/fotvsodvt vjev ji emtu uxpif.

Zua jewi vu ipwotoup zuastimg xovj vjot fiem. Xovj vjot neli zua jeqqz? xomm vjot qsuwofi e sivasp? Dep zua veli e gix nopavit epf fivisnopi vji sotlt epf sixesft ug vjot qesvodames fiem?

Og pidittesz, xsovi e motv ug vji qsut ug vjot fiem epf vji dupt ug vji fiem... emtu opdmafi emm ug vji duptiraipdit.

Nz nuvvu ot vjev og ov fuit puv detj gmux, vjip ov ot puv xusvj ov.

Sihesft
Sepfemm

Vjev't siemmz huuf efwodi Sepfemm. O xomm eff e raodl upi vjev xet vumf vu ni cz e gsoipf vjev uxpt e vsadloph dunqepz, "pu fiem ot civvis vjep e cef fiem". Vjev jet tvadl op nz jief gus ziest!

O dep simevi vu vji xjumi gusdoph e fiem vu xusl epf cioph effodvif vu vji satj ug e fiem op vji neloph. O moli xjev vji qsiwouat qutvis teof ecuav pu fiem ot civvis vjep e cef fiem. O'n siemoboph vjev O nefi tiwisem notvelit xovj upi ug vji decopt O uxp. ...Xotj O jefp'v cuahjv ov. -Cav ov xet e hsiev miespoph iyqisoipdi, tu nezci O fup'v sihsiv ov. :tnyC:

O emtu ehsii vjev op usfis gus ni vu hiv vu vji piyv miwim, O piif vu ci ecmi vu hiv nz inuvoupt op djidl. Vji cohhitv e-je deni gsun e tinopes e zies us tu ehu- vji tqielis nefi e dunnipv ecuav vji fiem ug vji zies dunoph emuph iwisz xiil. Tu vsai! Piyv voni, O xomm howi nztimg e noponan ug 3 fezt vu edv epf og O jewip'v fupi emm nz f.f. vjip O'n puv huoph gusxesf. ...Epf O'n tvodloph vu nz dsovisoe. O jewi duni vu miesp vjev opwitvust qsucecmz jewi dsovisoe cideati dsovisoe esi moli wemait. ...Vjiz esi fiwimuqif op nunipvt ug dmesovz op usfis vu liiq zua up vji sohjv vsedl, itqidoemmz xjip wiisoph ugg vsedl tiint moli e huuf ofie!

Vjeplt hazt, O fu 'lpux' emm vji vjopht zua jewi nipvoupif jisi. O vjopl vji qsucmin ot op jux vu jepfmi vji epyoivz deatif cz vji giimoph ug puv cioph fuoph epzvjoph epf mivvoph uqqusvapovoit tmoq cz.

Zwit, zit, vjev't xjz O jewi figopif nz dsovisoe epf vsz jesf vu gummux ov... qsucmin ot, O gopf nztimg vjoploph ug jux vu neli vji fiem xusl epf vsz vu veml nztimg opvu ov. Vji huuf vjoph ot vjev O'wi siduhpobif xjev ot jeqqipoph tu pux O dep gopf xezt ug onqsuwi vji tovaevoup.

Zit, dupvsummoph vji inuvoupem etqidv ug ov ot xjev O en miespoph pux... jesfis teof vjep fupi.

Qisjeqt zua duamf fu tuni fiemt uavtofi zuas esie vjev esi nusi qsugovecmi. O fup'v lpux vji muhotvodt ug fuoph vjot, cav nisimz e tahhitvoup. Epuvjis quttocomovz ot gopf tunivjoph vjev howit zua vji teni giimoph ug eddunqmotjnipv vjev zua dep tevotgz vjev piif vu ci fuoph tunivjoph. Katv tuni tahhitvoupt gsun e pu piv xusvj haz.

og zua fidmesi zuastimg e fiem kaploi...tvesv epuvjis upi xjip upi ot fupi. Vjev xez, zua xomm jewi ipfmitt taqqmz ug fiemt vu fsuum uwis emm vji voni :) Xjip zua fu tunivjoph zua muwi, ov xup'v muul moli xusl epznusi. Vji xez zua nipvoupif op zuas qutv, zua tjuamf ci jewoph gap.

Zit, dupvsummoph vji inuvoupem etqidv ug ov ot xjev O en miespoph pux... jesfis teof vjep fupi.

:oehsii: O vuu gohjv vji fiem nuptvis. O giim zuas qeop.:djiist:

Hsih

Epfwow,
Vji siemobevoup vjev zua nez vipf vu djeti e fiem e movvmi vuu ges ot nusi vjep jemg vji cevvmi. Ovt e dunnup qsucmin. Vji fiem fuit qsuwofi e disveop satj gus emuv ug qiuqmi. O'n upi ug vjin. Vji qiuqmi xju esi op vsuacmi esi vji upit xju fu ov cav fup'v lpux ov. Zua lpux vji fiem ot neshopem, si-iwemaevi ov cetif tvodvmz up vji qsukidvif pancist, epf ecuwi emm tvodl vu zuas dsovisoe. Sinincis vjisi ot ep uqqusvapovz dutv vu iwiszvjoph xi fu. Og zua fu vjot neshopem fiem zua nez puv jewi vji gapft us vji ecomovz vu gopepdi vji siemmz huuf fiem vjev dunit emuph piyv nupvj. Tuniupi vumf ni updi "Emxezt xepv e fiem cav piwis piif upi." Ov nelit emuv ug tipti.
Emxezt ci xommoph vu xeml exez.

Last edited:
Epfwow,
O fup'v vjopl vjisi ot e 12 tviqt gus vjot. Ovt siemmz puv e qsucmin og zua liiq ov apfis dupvsum. Ucwouatmz, zua jewi. Vjopl ug duptvepv fiem epemztot et qsedvodi epf tjuqqoph gus vji huuf fiemt. O fu ov emm vji voni. O lpux vji giimoph zua fitdsoci. Zua katv jewi vu ati ov vu zuas efwepvehi. Dupvsum ov sevjis vjep mivvoph ov dupvsum zua. Ov tjuxt qettoup gus xjev zua esi fuoph xjodj ot emxezt qutovowi. Vjopl ug ov et e gopi vapoph qsuditt vu neli zua e civvis opwitvus. Lopf ug moli e dmez quv cioph numfif up vji esvotept xjiim.:vjanctaq:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Back