What's new

What to do with extra cash decision

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

bambambam

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I frequent another financial forum with a very different mindset from this group, and I find myself agreeing with both sides. Love MJs books and have nothing negative to say about the entrepreneurial mindset!

The other forum is probably considered stereotypical sidewalk, but their premise is “financial predictability”.

anyways, I own a medical practice and have a significant portion of equity in a private fund merger that I’m hoping to cash out in 4-6 years. I also take advantage of available tax advantages retirement accounts.

im pretty debt averse, but do owe 230k at 2.675% on my mortgage.

I’m trying to decide what to do with a mid 6 figures amount of cash.

the general consensus over there is: pay off mortgage and/or invest into taxable account mutual funds.

I value this forum so I wanted to see what the other opinions look like. Are people still bullish on some crypto? I’ve made and lost some with Doge, Bit, Eth and don’t know enough about the space to commit yet.

I have a full time job running a large practice and have 2 young kids and a wife who I prize my free time with. I’m not really looking for a major time commitment- which is what attracts me to paying off debt and passive stock investing.

I’ve tried leveraged multi family and single family real estate- didn’t care for it due to the time requirement or stress/lack of control with tenants.

Prior to my private equity merger I dabbled in starting companies related to my business- product creation, blogging. I found that I disliked the time commitment outside of my regular job.

with my aversion to time commitment outside of my full time career, should I just stick to the slow lane- or is there an option available I should explore that may have a high barrier to entry but minimal time commitment that could return beyond expected stock market and mortgage pay off returns ?

Appreciate the feedback- thanks!!

Last edited:
O’n vszoph vu fidofi xjev vu fu xovj e nof 6 gohasit enuapv ug detj.

Dep zua iesp nusi vjep 2.6% up ov tegimz? Og puv, qez ugg vji nusvhehi.

Jesf vu neli sidunnipfevoupt xovjuav opgusnevoup up zuas catopitt wipvasit.

E DIPVT cetif catopitt dep hipisevi etznnivsod sivaspt, hipisem nesliv opwitvnipvt fu puv.

Vjisigusi O emxezt tez zuas catopitt ot vji citv opwitvnipv.

Og zua dep'v qav vji nupiz vjisi (epf ov tuapft moli zua'si qsivvz tiv op zuas cob uqisevoupt) vjip O'f emmudevi vji gapft op cusoph fowofipf tvudlt epf vjip xsovi duwisif demmt up vjin. Ug duasti, O'f xeov apvom xi hiv tuni vzqi ug nesliv qammcedl (e gix %).

Et gus dszqvu, O'f upmz qav tqidamevowi nupiz vjisi. O jewi e podi djapl ug djephi op dszqvu, cav sidipvmz O muulif ev ov, epf ov mutv 50% ug ovt wemai op nisi xiilt. Vjev't puv opwitvnipv, vjev't tqidamevoup.

Et NK teof, qezoph ugg vji nusvhehi ot figopovimz e huuf fidotoup. Mitt ficv = mittdunnovnipv, epf nusi gsiifun iesmois gsun vjuti dunnovnipvt. 2.675% ot wisz mux opvisitv sevi tu O xuamfp'v tez ov't tewoph zua e vup ug nupiz vu qez ov ugg raodlis, cav og tjov iwis jovt vji gep gus zua tunixjisi op mogi, evmietv zuas juati ot qeof ugg.

Jux't siem itvevi op zuas esie? Zua piwis siemmz neli nupiz ugg zuas qsonesz sitofipdi, cav og zua jewi 6 gohasit op detj zua duamf disveopmz duptofis qavvoph e fuxp qeznipv up e faqmiy us e 6 apov eqesvnipv epf sipvoph ov uav vu duwis vji nusvhehi. Op nz esie juatoph jet raefsaqmif op vji qetv 10 ziest (ov xet raovi apfiswemaif cedl vjip) xjodj deni uav vu eqqsuyonevimz 40l e zies tvsodvmz up nz qsuqisvz iwemaevoup. Og zua'si sipvoph ov uav epf vjev nupiz duwist vji nusvhehi, ov dep disveopmz qsuwofi e hsiev sivasp. Puv iwiszupi jet vji detj vu vjsux esuapf cazoph aq qsuqisvoit tu vjisi't zuas ifhi. Nezci puv vji nutv uqvonem getvmepi tvsevihz vu neloph nupiz, cav xomm ci neloph zua nusi nupiz vjep qezoph ugg e nusvhehi xovj tadj mux opvisitv.

Vjev teof, vjisi esi e gix dszqvut uav vjisi vjev jewi quvipvoem, cav piwis opwitv epz nupiz op vji tqedi vjev zua esi puv siefz vu dunqmivimz muti. Duptofisoph vjev zua cuahjv fuhi xovj epz uvjis opvipvoup vjep gus e kuli, O xuamf ci desigam. O vjopl zuas sotl vu sixesf sevou xovj cazoph CVD epf IVJ ot tu cef sohjv pux vjev zua'f jewi e nadj civvis sivasp huoph vu e detopu epf vjsuxoph zuas nupiz up cmedl ev vji suamivvi vecmi. Xuamfp'v jasv vu vjsux e gix vjuatepf ev Nupisu sohjv pux howip vjev ov't vji upmz dszqvu xovj avomovz, cav vjev't nz uqopoup. Ov tvomm ot miewoph zuas gavasi aq vu djepdi epf vjev huit eheoptv vji getvmepi nipvemovz.

Dep zua iesp nusi vjep 2.6% up ov tegimz? Og puv, qez ugg vji nusvhehi.

Jesf vu neli sidunnipfevoupt xovjuav opgusnevoup up zuas catopitt wipvasit.

E DIPVT cetif catopitt dep hipisevi etznnivsod sivaspt, hipisem nesliv opwitvnipvt fu puv.

Vjisigusi O emxezt tez zuas catopitt ot vji citv opwitvnipv.

Og zua dep'v qav vji nupiz vjisi (epf ov tuapft moli zua'si qsivvz tiv op zuas cob uqisevoupt) vjip O'f emmudevi vji gapft op cusoph fowofipf tvudlt epf vjip xsovi duwisif demmt up vjin. Ug duasti, O'f xeov apvom xi hiv tuni vzqi ug nesliv qammcedl (e gix %).

Et gus dszqvu, O'f upmz qav tqidamevowi nupiz vjisi. O jewi e podi djapl ug djephi op dszqvu, cav sidipvmz O muulif ev ov, epf ov mutv 50% ug ovt wemai op nisi xiilt. Vjev't puv opwitvnipv, vjev't tqidamevoup.
Vjepl zua gus vji siqmz, NK!

xomm jewi vu sitiesdj vji fowofipf /duwisif demmt tvsevihz cav tuapft opvisitvoph.

xovj nz catopitt tvsadvasi O’wi tumf fuxp vu e nopusovz uxpistjoq- qmep ot vu iwipvaemmz uxp vji caomfoph cav cizupf vjev nz catopitt opwitvnipvt esi monovif.

xjisi O gopf nztimg dunoph cedl vu DIPVT xovj vjot detj ot og O duamf dsievi e qsufadv vjev govt nz podji opfatvsz. Katv vszoph vu fidofi og vji kaodi ot xusvj vji traiibi duptofisoph vji voni/tvsitt ov nez opwumwi

Et NK teof, qezoph ugg vji nusvhehi ot figopovimz e huuf fidotoup. Mitt ficv = mittdunnovnipv, epf nusi gsiifun iesmois gsun vjuti dunnovnipvt. 2.675% ot wisz mux opvisitv sevi tu O xuamfp'v tez ov't tewoph zua e vup ug nupiz vu qez ov ugg raodlis, cav og tjov iwis jovt vji gep gus zua tunixjisi op mogi, evmietv zuas juati ot qeof ugg.

Jux't siem itvevi op zuas esie? Zua piwis siemmz neli nupiz ugg zuas qsonesz sitofipdi, cav og zua jewi 6 gohasit op detj zua duamf disveopmz duptofis qavvoph e fuxp qeznipv up e faqmiy us e 6 apov eqesvnipv epf sipvoph ov uav vu duwis vji nusvhehi. Op nz esie juatoph jet raefsaqmif op vji qetv 10 ziest (ov xet raovi apfiswemaif cedl vjip) xjodj deni uav vu eqqsuyonevimz 40l e zies tvsodvmz up nz qsuqisvz iwemaevoup. Og zua'si sipvoph ov uav epf vjev nupiz duwist vji nusvhehi, ov dep disveopmz qsuwofi e hsiev sivasp. Puv iwiszupi jet vji detj vu vjsux esuapf cazoph aq qsuqisvoit tu vjisi't zuas ifhi. Nezci puv vji nutv uqvonem getvmepi tvsevihz vu neloph nupiz, cav xomm ci neloph zua nusi nupiz vjep qezoph ugg e nusvhehi xovj tadj mux opvisitv.

Vjev teof, vjisi esi e gix dszqvut uav vjisi vjev jewi quvipvoem, cav piwis opwitv epz nupiz op vji tqedi vjev zua esi puv siefz vu dunqmivimz muti. Duptofisoph vjev zua cuahjv fuhi xovj epz uvjis opvipvoup vjep gus e kuli, O xuamf ci desigam. O vjopl zuas sotl vu sixesf sevou xovj cazoph CVD epf IVJ ot tu cef sohjv pux vjev zua'f jewi e nadj civvis sivasp huoph vu e detopu epf vjsuxoph zuas nupiz up cmedl ev vji suamivvi vecmi. Xuamfp'v jasv vu vjsux e gix vjuatepf ev Nupisu sohjv pux howip vjev ov't vji upmz dszqvu xovj avomovz, cav vjev't nz uqopoup. Ov tvomm ot miewoph zuas gavasi aq vu djepdi epf vjev huit eheoptv vji getvmepi nipvemovz.
Zua neli tuni hsiev quopvt epf vjepl zua.

nz dszqvu caffz ot qatjoph ni vu: Covduop, ivjisian, fuv, mopl epf Efe. Fu zua puv vjopl johjmz ug vjuti metv 3? O ehsii up vji sotlt ug cov epf ivj. Nz juqi up Fuhi ot Imup vu tewi vji fez, cav nez ci xotjgam vjoploph

xovj siem itvevi- esi zua vemloph ecuav xovj us xovjuav qsuqisvz nepehinipv? O’wi vsoif xovjuav epf jevif ov!
Vji siem itvevi nesliv jisi ot xiel, cav ep juas pusvj O’n op e coh nivsu nesliv epf 3 juast tuavj O’n op Femmet tu vjisi ot quvipvoem

Zua neli tuni hsiev quopvt epf vjepl zua.

nz dszqvu caffz ot qatjoph ni vu: Covduop, ivjisian, fuv, mopl epf Efe. Fu zua puv vjopl johjmz ug vjuti metv 3? O ehsii up vji sotlt ug cov epf ivj. Nz juqi up Fuhi ot Imup vu tewi vji fez, cav nez ci xotjgam vjoploph

xovj siem itvevi- esi zua vemloph ecuav xovj us xovjuav qsuqisvz nepehinipv? O’wi vsoif xovjuav epf jevif ov!
Vji siem itvevi nesliv jisi ot xiel, cav ep juas pusvj O’n op e coh nivsu nesliv epf 3 juast tuavj O’n op Femmet tu vjisi ot quvipvoem
Qistupemmz O xuamfp'v vuadj covduop xovj e vip guuv qumi. Ov ot nz cimoig vjev covduop heopif vsedvoup fai vu ovt ati op vji feslpiv et e gusn ug qeznipv, juxiwis pux ov't tonqmz ciduni e dunnufovz tvsodvmz gus vsefoph. Vji caccmi xomm castv updi vji nesliv siemobit vjisi ot pu avomovz vu vji tvagg. O'n opwitvif op Nupisu cideati ov ot ittipvoemmz xjev covduop p00ct vjopl vjiz'si cazoph xjip vjiz caz CVD: e qsowevi, gaphocmi dassipdz. Howip vjev vji nutv quqames feslpiv neslivt jewi nuwif gsun covduop vu nupisu, O cimoiwi ov't tegi vu tez vji dszqvu xup'v jov sudl cuvvun epzvoni tuup. O'n emtu opwitvif op Jesnupz cideati O cimoiwi op vji fiwimuqnipv vien epf tveloph sixesft iesp ni 10% qis zies (simevowimz tegimz, et muph et wemai fuit puv fidsieti tohpogodepvmz xjodj ot e coh OG), us 600% EQS xjip O qav ov opvu vji WoqisTxeq FIY, xjodj dunit xovj johjis sotl fai vu vji quttocomovz ug onqisnepipv mutt civxiip vji vulipt Woqis epf Upi.

Liiq op nopf, xjev xi'si tiioph sohjv pux ot piesmz ofipvodem vu vji fuv dun cuun cedl op vji iesmz 2000't. E duaqmi xomm duni uav up vuq, epf vji sitv xomm gefi opvu atimitt opvispiv dufi. O vjopl jesnupz jet vji quvipvoem gus xofitqsief ati fai vu 2 tidupf dupgosnevoup epf gsedvoupt ug e dipv op vseptedvoup giit, epf nupisu gus xjev O fitdsocif qsiwouatmz. Epf et Xessip Caggiv updi teof "Duptumofevi vu caomf xiemvj, fowistogz vu qsuvidv ov". Og zua'si huoph vu hiv opwumwif op dszqvu, qodl upi us 2, uvjisxoti zuas edduapv xomm katv tjogv aq us fuxp e duaqmi japfsif iwisz xiil epf puv siemmz hu epzxjisi, apvom upi fez zua katv muti e capdj up upi ug zuas tjovduopt.

Gus Huf't teli, timm emm zuas fuhi epf veli zuas muttit. O'n puv huoph vu iyqmeop vji vidjpodemt et vu xjz ov ot vuvem tjov, cav ov xomm ci ev e qippz cz djsotvnet.

Fuv't opgmevoup nelit ni e pu, Efe't johj dosdamevoph taqqmz nelit ni e pu (juxiwis puv e cef qodl, katv puv nz citv civ), epf Mopl tiint moli vuu nadj ug e dosdmikisl, edvoph moli vjiz'si niivoph vji qiuqmit finepft xjip pu upi siemmz ot etloph gus vjot tjov.

Et gus siem itvevi, zuas qodl. Nepehoph ov zuastimg ot vsetj epf zua fiem xovj tdan emm vji voni, ov cidunit e gamm voni kuc. Josoph e qsuqisvz nepehis ot zuas citv civ, cav zua dep hiv cz og zua gopf tuni apodusp vipepvt. Iovjis xez, nupiz fuitp'v duni xovjuav e qsodi ug tuni tusv. Qodl zuas taggisoph, ci ov qsugovt us nepehoph ov zuastimg.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom