What's new

What Will They Say About You?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
...at your funeral.

It was time to bury my grandfather yesterday, and little did I know what the day had to offer.

We weren't close, so there was not much emotional attachment/grieving, but thank you to those who I know would offer their condolences... that's not what this thread is about, though.

Much wisdom and great lessons presented themselves yesterday, and now that I've had an evening to reflect, an important perspective is now before you.

When the day comes that you leave this place someday, what will be said about you? Will it be a sad day? Will your life reflect the room's emotions? Will you have impacted those close to you by such magnitude, that all will know it's a celebration of an incredible life, not a tragedy?

As I sat there in a pew, feeling the grieving of the room, I had a decision to make. Do I project my animosity and negative feelings toward someone whom I didn't even really know? Do I just release it, knowing damn well he's not coming back and the past is, the past. Putting emotions aside, great foresight will show you that the former will do nothing but sabotage one's own self. Still, a difficult task, considering the circumstances.

You see, my father has lived abroad pretty much my whole life. I've been raised primarily by women, and had many father figures in my life, which as you know can create some challenging times early on in a young mans life. Just as his father was absent, mine has followed those footsteps. But this isn't about me, it's about life's choices and your options.

So what do you do, spend the rest of your days bitching about it carrying a chip on your shoulder? Be my guest, it will get you no where. And, on that last day before your final departure, you will realize you should have let it go. You should choose to rise above, whatever challenges you face in your own life, simply because you can. You have the choice, and no one can take that from you. No one. If you want to be unhappy, then be unhappy. If you want to be poor, then be poor. There are road maps out there for every route, which one you take is up to you.

So again, what I can do, is decide what I will do in the future, just as you have the same choice.

Will you leave behind a legacy? What will you have stood for? Did you leave a great company behind that improves the world and naturally draws revenue into infinity because it is of service at it's core? Did you lead by example? There's an abundance of joy that's yours for the taking... how much did you choose to feel, and give to others?

How long did it take you to realize that money and stuff do not make you reflect back on your life and feel accomplished and fulfilled, it's the person you've become and the little impacts, everyday?

And so I challenge you -- as suggested by many, I challenge you to begin with the end in mind. But in a different way.

If you could reverse engineer your life, you can see all the steps you took to get to the end, feeling satisfied from a wild ride, and your dreams conquered to your heart's content. As much as this is abnormal, it is very liberating and the real fastlanes of life expose themselves.

If just for a moment, you open up your heart and see what you really are: "you are everything, and you are nothing."

You are, and can be, everything to those around you during your lifetime, but when you leave this place someday, in another hundred years, most of us will be a distant memory.

You should gain momentum from that. The time is now. You should now, that the limelight and history books aren't for everyone. You might silently spend your life changing the lives of children, improving the coming generations and mankind with no recognition.

You may be in the history books 200 years from now for creating the largest green energy company in the world, and successfully found a way to eliminate emissions and rebuild the atmosphere.

Either way, I challenge you to open up your mind, suspend your current beliefs just for a moment, and come to terms with what you are here to do. It's not a competition. We all have different purposes. There is no second place, and buddy you're on a time limit, so practice starts right now.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to have a sad day in a box. I want there to be a celebration of a life worth living. A life that inspires others, even on that day of departure and onward. A life is on a time limit, but a legacy can last forever. Maybe that legacy is just a special place in a little girl/boys heart, or a ten figure company that changes the world. No matter, make it worth it. Make it count.

My writing is jumbled, and my metaphors could use improving, but if you look past that and see what can be applied to your own life, you'll get what you need to from this today.

Takeaways from this post:

• If you're not leading the life you want right now, ask better questions.
  • If you're facing difficulties in life, simply ask, what can I learn from this?
  • Have an open mind about your purpose.
  • Dream big. If you can think it, you can do it. The only limits are your own.
Here's to building great lives :cheers:

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Gopfoph epf figopoph zuas qasquti up vjot gmuevoph sudl ot wisz quxisgam. Vjeplt gus qutvoph vjot Nevv. Tussz gus zuas mutt cav zua tiin vu ci vaspoph vji mutt opvu e heop. Huuf madl nz gsoipf. +++tqiif.

Xux, Nevv. O en onqsittif. Duphsevt up zuas optohjv epf sipixif veli up mogi. Qisjeqt vjot xet vji sietup gus vji fievj ug zuas hsepfgevjis ev vjot qesvodames voni - tqidogodemmz vu uggis zua vji uqqusvapovz vu heop epf tjesi vjot optohjv. Vji siem sietup xi nez piwis lpux cav O en vjeplgam vjev zua jiesf vjot nittehi epf jewi tjesif ov xovj at.

Nz dupfumipdit vu zua gus vji mutt ug zuas hsepfgevjis epf e vuetv vu vu zuas mogi't dimicsevoup.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom