The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whatsapp Ads--The next social media ad platform?

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
PC World
"The key change is that WhatsApp will be sharing its lists of users’ phone numbers with Facebook, allowing the company to match up WhatsApp accounts with Facebook ones where users have registered a phone number.

That will give the parent company more data with which to make new friend suggestions and another way to target advertising."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/3112...atsapp-users-personal-data-to-target-ads.html

Seems like learning social media ads is huge. Unfortunately, it's all funneled through your main facebook account (lack of control).
What other platforms do you see in the near future? Being an early adopter gives massive leverage.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Can you clarify what you mean by being 'an early adopter'? Facebook ads certainly are not new anymore.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Can you clarify what you mean by being 'an early adopter'? Facebook ads certainly are not new anymore.
No it's not. I mean that if there was an advertising option in whatsapp, I think it would be completely different compared to the facebook/insta methods.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
No it's not. I mean that if there was an advertising option in whatsapp, I think it would be completely different compared to the facebook/insta methods.
The article you linked to didn't mention ads coming to Whatsapp, just that Whatsapp is selling user data to Facebook for them to use in Facebook ads. Is there other news that ads are coming to Whatsapp?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
The article you linked to didn't mention ads coming to Whatsapp, just that Whatsapp is selling user data to Facebook for them to use in Facebook ads. Is there other news that ads are coming to Whatsapp?
Yeah I know. But how is facebook going to monetize whatsapp besides $1/year?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.