What's new

When it's not bad enough and not good enough, mediocrity is the life

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

LordTea

New Contributor
Hello there,

I was debating with myself if i should post now or just wait, grind and start posting after i finally get free on the fastlane.
But i decided otherwise, as to document my journey and having a post to return to when i will finally escape my 9-5

My journey is... a bit different than most that i see here - at least at first glance. There is no horrible "down" that pushed and motivated me to never be there again, there was no extreme poverty or a brink of death situation up until just a year ago i lived... an average life. Not good enough to be fulfilled or happy or content but also not bad enough to really pushed me out of it.

I don't want to get into many details but i come from an average middle class family with a lot of psychological abuse from my parents (i think it's the type of abuse that is not getting enough attention as it is far more subtle than physical abuse)
My parents as well as everyone around me always wanted to put me down, mocking and making fun of me if i had even moderatly ambitious goals when i was a kid. I come from a family where my parents would be genuinely happy if i failed at something - whenever i would say i wanted to achieve something great and i failed they would be happy - not in a "you should learn from the experience" type of happy but more of a "hihi what were you thinking? That you can achieve something meaningfull?" said with a smirk, type of happy that only toxic friends who want you to fail, have.
My school marks were average, bad but not bad enough to get me into any trouble.
My social life was average, had a couple of friends but not that healthy type of friends but also not as bad.
My relationships were average with average girls, never had that much attention but it's not that i didn't have attention at all.
When i started working full time i had average paying jobs which were bad but not bad enough to quit out right.
Now i work in a 9-5 corporate job that pays pretty good but not good enough to be content with life.

Why do i write about this boring mundane stuff? It's because a big part of my life was not as bad for me to truly fix it and aspire to something greater. This may sound strange but... sometimes i am really jealous of people that had horrible traumatic poverty events as that gave them fire to strive as i see here very often in the introduction section. I know many of them would love to have a life of "not bad enough" as i had but this... comfort is truly a killer of man.

So how did i arrive here? Because pandemic truly changed it for me it was a really, really bad experience, worse than any time in my life. I was lonely like never before and fat and horrible. I would suddenly without any prompt burst into tears for absolutely no reasons. And when i was on my worse I stumble on Hamza (which you may know had a video with MJ) and Andrew Tate - which sparked a fire in me that i never had before, thanks to Hamza i started reading books about buisness and all of that and that's how i stumbled into MJ's fantastic books which completely changed the fundaments on how i see money.

My true FTE happened actually a couple of months after i've read the book - and when i finished it, i was like "yeah i guess i had this FTE with my situation". No. That wasn't it
Just like MJ said in that book - you would automatically know if it happened.
No, it happened when i was sent to a corporate trip abroad. This is when i arrived in a (literal) corporate town with corpo-rats being so happy that the corporation gave them this nice place and that they don't need to go anywhere because the caffe's, gyms and all of that stuff is here within this small corporate town, no need to exit the cage little rat. You have all you need in this cage and you will live here till the end of your life.
I've met a lot of people, also a lot of people in their 50's and 60's who were such happy little corporate rats talking with a typical pseudo-nice corpo-rat speak. The people from my team who flew here as well were also so happy to see this corpo-town, envious of the corpo-comfort.
I... was terrified and disgusted.
I still remember the disgusting gutt feeling that i felt and then i understand what TRULY FTE means. I couldn't sleep knowing what will wait for me if i continue with my life.

I started my business in september last year and we are close to finishing the testing for out product. When i release it i might talk about it a bit more but for now i want that to be my little mystery :)

To be motivated more i specifically decided to live in a more expensive part of the city that i currently resides because literally 150 meters from my block there is a scenery of my dream life - a residential estate with 70-90 meter flats that are worth half a milion dollars with Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Porsches parked there. It's a constant reminder of the life that i want and i walk there from time to time with my earphones and buisness related audiobooks on, to get inspired and keep reminding myself what life i can have if I truly dedicate myself.

I am truly greatfull for the work that @MJ DeMarco did and his fantastic book that finally got me - at least with my mind for now - from the slowlane. I am greatfull that this forum exist and i hope i will be able to gather as much knowledge as i can in my journey.

PS. I also promise that when i finally get out and start making my first 10k/month i will send the first prototype of my product to MJ as a thank you for his work that helped me a lot and change my mind about starting my own buisness.

See you on the fastlane

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Duphsevt up emsiefz jewoph e muv ug tvagg op vji xuslt. E muv ug gumlt xju qutv opvsut jewi pu qmep, katv e giimoph vjev tunivjoph piift vu djephi. Vjip vji giimoph gefit, epf vjiz'si cedl ev vjios kuc xovj pu juqi.

Ximduni ecuesf.

QT. O emtu qsunoti vjev xjip o gopemmz hiv uav epf tvesv neloph nz gostv 10l/nupvj o xomm tipf vji gostv qsuvuvzqi ug nz qsufadv vu NK et e vjepl zua gus jot xusl vjev jimqif ni e muv epf djephi nz nopf ecuav tvesvoph nz uxp caotpitt.

O'mm jumf ze vu vjev!

Jimmu. Dep zua vimm at xjev vji cohhitv djemmiphi zua situmwif cigusi tvesvoph zuas wipvasi op Tiqvincis? Epf jux Zua fof vjev? Vjepl zua.

Jimmu. Dep zua vimm at xjev vji cohhitv djemmiphi zua situmwif cigusi tvesvoph zuas wipvasi op Tiqvincis? Epf jux Zua fof vjev? Vjepl zua.
Xjev fu zua niep tqidogodemmz? O jewip'v dsievif e qsufadv ziv (xi esi op vji gopem tvehit ug vitvoph, xi dsievif vji qsuvuvzqi epf esuapf Eahatv-Tiq xi xomm tvesv vji neslivoph denqeohp)

Eneboph opvsu! Ximduni nz gsoipf epf ximm fupi! O en emtu op vji qsuvuvzqoph tvehi epf O dep giim zuas qeop. O xotj zua vji citv epf vjev zua neli tunivjoph vjev qiuqmi xomm muwi!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom