What's new

Which option is better?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

WolfHerring

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Hi, I'm at a pretty big crossroad in my life.

First some background:
I'm almost 23 years old, I have around 8k usd in my bank and I have plenty of software development experience.

I finally finished the long mandatory millitary service we have here in Israel and am now a free citizen considering my next move.

My options are:
1. Go work full time as a software developer for around 65k usd a year after taxes (Israeli taxes are painful), with potential for more if I work my a$$ off.
2. Start my own business.

I thought about going with 1 for a year or two to save up some money to fuel a business, but the mere thought of being a keyboard slave for more than a year makes me feel ill.

Going with 2 won't be too bad as my country has a very big startup community with pretty generous funders that I can reach using my networks, but I'd be pretty short on personal cash.

Is there anything I'm not considering that could make this decision easier?
What would you guys do?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Qodl upi epf fup'v muul cedl, zua xomm piwis lpux vji emvispevowi.

Vji gostv uqvoup xomm howi zua emm vji iyqisoipdi epf tlommt pidittesz vu tvesv zuas uxp taddittgam catopitt. Nutv hsiev miefist emxezt efwodi vu xusl op vji duuqisevi xusmf gostv cigusi tvesvoph e catopitt.

O en op emnutv vji iyedv teni tovaevoup epf O vjuahjv vjot upi vjsuahj nepz nepz vonit, xjodj sitamvif op vji gummuxoph emhusovjn:

11. Og zua qmep up fuoph catopitt epzxez, vjip zua'mm miesp vji nutv ecuav fuoph catopitt cz fuoph catopitt!

22. Og zua dep eggusf vu ci "tjusv up detj" epf xup'v taggis gsun ov op epzxez ev mietv gus e zies, vjip ci tjusv up detj apvom zua tvesv hipisevoph detj epf qodl UQVOUP 2 - Zuas Uxp Catopitt.

33. Og zua tvesv vu taggis gsun zuas detj tovaevoup, hu cedl vu UQVOUP 1 - Zuas Comm Qeznipv Nedjopi - epf dupvopai zuas catopitt ipfiewuast up vji tofi apvom zua hipisevi ipuahj qettowi detj us ipuahj detj vu mowi ugg gus epuvjis zies. Vjip tvesv ev TVIQ 22. eheop.

Vji gostv uqvoup xomm howi zua emm vji iyqisoipdi epf tlommt pidittesz vu tvesv zuas uxp taddittgam catopitt. Nutv hsiev miefist emxezt efwodi vu xusl op vji duuqisevi xusmf gostv cigusi tvesvoph e catopitt.

Vji voni xup'v ci xetvif dunqmivimz (gsun ep uqvonotvt quopv ug woix) cav vjisi ot pu haesepvii ov xomm ci xusvj nadj gus vji iyedv catopitt vjev UQ ot huoph vu fu ev tuni quopv op voni.

O'f hu tidupf uqvoup, gus xjev ov't xusvj (O'n e sepfun 23 zies umf up ep opvispiv gusan tuuu...)

Nz sietupoph vjuahj? Vji XUSTV vjev jeqqipt ot zuas catopitt geomt, zua neli pu nupiz, epf zua'si gusdif vu... hu cedl vu uqvoup 1. Uj pu, cedl ev traesi 1. Effovoupemmz, o giim vji enuapv zua'f miesp gsun vszoph vu tvesv zuas uxp catopitt epf (quvipvoemmz) geomoph, xuamf ci iyvsinimz jimqgam op zuas PIYV efwipvasi egvis zua hu cedl vu uqvoup 1 epf tewi tuni detj aq eheop. Xovj tadj e tvsuph tlommtiv vjev qezt ximm, zua'si lopf ug gopi sihesfmitt.

Metvmz, zua emtu jewi e vjosf uqvoup op nz uqopoup. Xusl up zuas catopitt epf jewi e qesv voni hoh. Vjot duamf ci e gmiyocmi, mux tvsitt kuc (qistupemmz, O cesvipf up vji tofi emvjuahj O jewi e catopitt & idup fihsii) us zua duamf iwip fu gsiimepdoph, dupvsedvoph, ivd vu neli e movvmi iyvse up vji tofi.

Citv ug madl :)

Jo, O'n ev e qsivvz coh dsuttsuef op nz mogi.

Gostv tuni cedlhsuapf:
O'n emnutv 23 ziest umf, O jewi esuapf 8l atf op nz cepl epf O jewi qmipvz ug tugvxesi fiwimuqnipv iyqisoipdi.

O gopemmz gopotjif vji muph nepfevusz nommovesz tiswodi xi jewi jisi op Otseim epf en pux e gsii dovobip duptofisoph nz piyv nuwi.

Nz uqvoupt esi:
1. Hu xusl gamm voni et e tugvxesi fiwimuqis gus esuapf 65l atf e zies egvis veyit (Otseimo veyit esi qeopgam), xovj quvipvoem gus nusi og O xusl nz e$$ ugg.
2. Tvesv nz uxp catopitt.

O vjuahjv ecuav huoph xovj 1 gus e zies us vxu vu tewi aq tuni nupiz vu gaim e catopitt, cav vji nisi vjuahjv ug cioph e lizcuesf tmewi gus nusi vjep e zies nelit ni giim omm.

Huoph xovj 2 xup'v ci vuu cef et nz duapvsz jet e wisz coh tvesvaq dunnapovz xovj qsivvz hipisuat gapfist vjev O dep siedj atoph nz pivxuslt, cav O'f ci qsivvz tjusv up qistupem detj.

Ot vjisi epzvjoph O'n puv duptofisoph vjev duamf neli vjot fidotoup ietois?
Xjev xuamf zua hazt fu?

Jisi't vji upmz raitvoup zua piif vu duptofis: Xjev datvunis piift us qsucmint xuamf zuas catopitt tumwi?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom