D
Deleted2BB3x9
Guest
Hey guys,
Have you ever met someone who thinks that business is just about deceiving the buyer and screwing him over? Or thinks that advertising is evil? That's like my dad. I just had a discussion with him about this, but since I'm studying advertising myself I know this isn't true. Advertising is about giving the person what they already want and amplifying that desire, not tricking them into buying something. However he's convinced otherwise, I tried to talk him out of it but then he brought up an example about something he recently bought. The package said "BONUS includes 2 waxing pads" but they're was a picture of 4 on the box. So now he's convinced he's been screwed over, and tells me how this is what he's learned through his life, and that I have a lot to learn. Have you ever met someone like this? Why do so many people think this way? I think he just misunderstood, but is there any truth to what he's saying?
Have you ever met someone who thinks that business is just about deceiving the buyer and screwing him over? Or thinks that advertising is evil? That's like my dad. I just had a discussion with him about this, but since I'm studying advertising myself I know this isn't true. Advertising is about giving the person what they already want and amplifying that desire, not tricking them into buying something. However he's convinced otherwise, I tried to talk him out of it but then he brought up an example about something he recently bought. The package said "BONUS includes 2 waxing pads" but they're was a picture of 4 on the box. So now he's convinced he's been screwed over, and tells me how this is what he's learned through his life, and that I have a lot to learn. Have you ever met someone like this? Why do so many people think this way? I think he just misunderstood, but is there any truth to what he's saying?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
