The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Why should I wake up tomorrow?

Anything related to matters of the mind

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Reading the responses to my last thread and another source and then thinking about it, I've realized that my success depends on my mindset.

Just yesterday I was able to execute 100 push-ups, squats, and crunches - in that order - by splitting them up by 5 sets of 20, supersetting them, and resting for 30 seconds a set. During the workout I had many negative thoughts but by experience ignored them. My **mind** was **set** on the end.

But basically, that's how I operate. I do everything as a means to an end.

Then you ask, well if everything for you is a means to an end, so is that workout. What end is that workout a means for? It's part of this 30-day program I'm on. So once the 30 days are up, I probably won't continue doing it, even if it was very beneficial to me. I may do other related workouts. Or, maybe not.

This similar mode of thinking got me enrolled in college under a set of scholarships that paid my tuition, and more. Even as a meaningless, speck-of-sand-in-an-ocean 9th grader, I had the vision that I was in school for one reason: to go to college. And that was my ladder to climb.

The majority around me were falling off this ladder either to work as OJT students (leave school early to work a job) or slack off and sleep. I don't know the fate of those in the middle, those that slacked 50% and worked 50%.

I kept doing my homework whenever I found the time. I found the time a lot, mostly during class. Everyone else just paid attention to the teacher. I actually tried doing that for my English and history classes, which left me with less time to read the books. I obtained lower grades in these classes.

I surrounded myself with other successful high school students. Students that got the girls they wanted, other students on the basketball team, and definitely other students in my honors/AP classes. I wasn't always an AP/Honors student.

I got kicked out of a good school after 6th grade, provisionally passing. I got moved to an inner city school, where they placed me in 6th grade the following year. Of course I said something, but I almost listened to a part of me that said, "It's okay, stick with it, you belong here. Just be quiet."

I don't clearly remember, but my hypothesis was that I persuaded them enough to move me to where I really belonged. The day after, I had to work a step above the very bottom: remedial reading in 7th grade. Deep down I still knew I didn't really belong there. But I did accept the situation and took action to get out of Dodge.

Now, I have an exercise I must complete. I am out of school, and therefore, cannot surround myself with a group of people, for which I can discern those that are and aren't successful, and hang out with the ones that are.

I have gone to meetups (meetup.com) and I'm able to surround myself with some people for a couple of hours, and it really helps me get out of the house. However, this is in sharp contrast to the 8 hours I was in school for, and I find myself going off-track after a few days because there is no accountability.

As a consequence, my goals have spilled and there's not much I'm aiming for besides this 30-day program. It wakes me up at 5am, but then I go back to sleep 15 minutes later because I don't have a vision to aim for, like going to college, getting the girl on the dance team, or (any other big goal here). I'm also stuck in the mindset that because I am now an adult, I have to make money, like everyone else is.

I sure do want to make money, but I'm not sure if that's the big goal. Getting into college didn't land me any money, but it landed me a huge scholarship. Getting girls didn't make me richer, but it brought me along gifts that were worth monetary value and that I was grateful for. So I'm not persuaded to have a vision to make money, because there's something bigger. I want to aim for that, because it will bring the money. It has to, right? It provides value.

What's that thing that will propel me to wake up at 5AM?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Not sure. You just decide to wake up at 5am, and then do it.

One day I decided to only be in bed after the sun goes down and before the sun comes up. It worked for me.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France

your " reason why"

i know why i am on earth and so nobody can lead me astray.

by the way, Napoleon Hill said that 98 % of people don't know their goal in life.

approach someone in the street and try this:

" excuse me sir, let me ask you a quick question. why are you on earth ? what is your goal in life ? "

chances are that the person will look at you like you are crazy and he might call the police as well.

I hope readers understand what i am saying

Last edited:
  • Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
your " reason why"

i know why i am on earth and so nobody can lead me astray.

by the way, Napoleon Hill said that 98 % of people don't know their goal in life.

approach someone in the street and try this:

" excuse me sir, let me ask you a quick question. what are you on earth for ? what is your goal in life ? "

chances are that the person will look at you like you are crazy and he might call the police as well.

I hope readers understand what i am saying

I want to wake up and stay up at 5AM instead of waking up at 9AM and being in bed for two more hours. I can do the former for 15 minutes before realizing, "there's no reason to be up this early." So although I can wake up, I'm not motivated to stay up.

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I want to wake up and stay up at 5AM instead of waking up at 9AM and being in bed for two more hours. I can do the former for 15 minutes before realizing, "there's no reason to be up this early." So although I can wake up, I'm not motivated to stay up.

but what is the thing inside you that burns with passion ?

that's what we are looking for here because it will help you to destroy adversity according to various famous author

• Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
but what is the thing inside you that burns with passion ?

that's what we are looking for here because it will help you to destroy adversity according to various famous author

Nothing.

Although when the gym is about to close in 30 minutes, I go and get my 20 minute HIIT workout in and call it a day. And that's why I'm trying to find a place, like school, where I can be exposed to different interests.

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
The first thing I do when I get up at 5 is working on my business. I love the smell of sourcing with coffee in the morning. Gives me also a few more hours to contact China. This is a habit now, this morning I forgot to turn on my alarm and woke up at 5 anyway.

A few days ago I was so excited to start working, I woke up at 430! (And also because I was a bit hangoverish.)

G

Guest34764

Ask yourself "Why should I wake up tomorrow?" 20 years down the line.

Here's the answer, you're poor and have a shitty 9-5, and if you don't get in on time your boss will chew out your a$$.

And this is all because you didn't want to wake up tomorrow.

You didn't want to put in the work.

You didn't want to do anything besides go to the gym.

Now you're the laughing stock of the office because the boss hammered you again for not coming in on time.

If you don't start now you'll regret.Stop caring about "getting in the mindset" just do it.You said you had big goals, well let's hope in 30 years time that "big goal" isn't getting a 2.5% pay raise, god speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Ask yourself "Why should I wake up tomorrow?" 20 years down the line.

Here's the answer, you're poor and have a shitty 9-5, and if you don't get in on time your boss will chew out your a$$.

And this is all because you didn't want to wake up tomorrow.

You didn't want to put in the work.

You didn't want to do anything besides go to the gym.

Now you're the laughing stock of the office because the boss hammered you again for not coming in on time.

If you don't start now you'll regret.Stop caring about "getting in the mindset" just do it.You said you had big goals, well let's hope in 30 years time that "big goal" is getting a 2.5% pay raise, god speed.
I don't have a job. Thinking and feeling about being a math high school teacher.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Just had a brilliant idea. I'm going to go on craigslist and find out what services people need, and fulfill these services!

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Get into a routine so you want to wake up. Start Yoga, exercise, pilates, meditation whatever.

Read a newspaper, watch your favourite TV show for 1 hour.

Routines build success. I know this from personal experience.

AustinS28

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Sep 25, 2014
Manhattan, NY
If you have nothing to do that early in the morning I'd advise sleeping. I long for the days when I never have to wake up at 5am again.

You need goals to make accountability work. On the same note it may take years to find your purpose and goals. If you're looking you'll find it, they'll find you. At that point you can put reasons behind your actions and you'll do them, like waking up at 5am.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Have you considered joining the military, maybe the reserves or National Guard? Once you have an angry DI throw a trash can at you at 4am, waking up on time isn't much of a problem anymore.

Honestly, it sounds like you have a self discipline issue. You need structure in your life. Whether you decide to get that through the military like I did or through holding yourself accountable, you need to hold yourself accountable.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Once you have an angry DI throw a trash can at you at 4am, waking up on time isn't much of a problem anymore.

ahah good one.

this reminds me when i was in the military service 15 years ago. a nightmare.

some guys tried to kill themselves because of this nightmare.
i had never seen strong guys cry before. this was unbelievable.

by the way, people should try Eben Pagan's wake up productive programm
this is a good one to become more productive in 3 months.

check here:

http://getaltitude.com/wakeup-2015-video-1-cta/

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
this reminds me when i was in the military service 15 years ago. a nightmare.

some guys tried to kill themselves because of this nightmare.
i had never seen strong guys cry before. this was unbelievable.

That explains.

surrender1336337566.jpg

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
IrishSpring600,

What brought you to this website in the first place? With comments like that you want to become a high school math teacher one really has to wonder if you actually want to be an entrepreneur vs. want to be rich vs ???.

Regardless of any one of those do you have the belief that maybe if enough people try their best to fix your mindset on here you will just instantly get it? I am honestly not too sure about this forum now that I see how many people are bending over backwards playing arm chair therapist with some one who in his last two threads has said such fastlane potential quotes such as:
  • "Thinking and feeling about being a math high school teacher"
  • "What end is that workout a means for? It's part of this 30-day program I'm on. So once the 30 days are up, I probably won't continue doing it, even if it was very beneficial to me."
  • "And I got rejected from two interviews even though the interviewer liked me, but he wasn't the decision maker. I don't know if I should just get a job, because I always get rejected."
  • "I wanted to be a high school teacher. I seriously considered it after playing soccer with someone and he encouraged me. Then, I asked my godfather for advice (he has a PhD in education and has been a teacher for over 10 years) and after asking him for advice, all he told me was it's going to be extremely hard, maybe it's not for you, etc. And basically discouraged me. My own godfather, who i (once looked up to), discouraged me."

Listen man - I don't say any of this to be an a-hole -- I say it because you seem like someone mentally struggling right now and I know how that feels - it sucks. You have to understand your audience though - this is a forum for people actively engaged in trying to make money via business pursuits. Your attitude on life and negativity seem more at home with a REAL therapist than trying to get some osmosis purpose/drive from some strangers online. Seriously I am not kidding, I hope you go explore some professional help.

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
This.

Are you where you want to be in life?

No?

Then what different kind of motivation do you need?
Be well rested. Be fit. Get to work.
Don't follow a 30 day workout challenge and then pat yourself on the back and go back to eating m&m's on the couch afterwards. Fitness, like being an entrepreneur, is a lifestyle. Not a "X day challenge" you have to work through. It's every day, dude!
Make working on yourself a habit. Change will happen.

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
How about the thought that if you don't get your a$$ out of bed you will be in the same place you are now doing the same exact things just 20 years later. You will be wondering where all of your limited and extremely valuable time went and regretting not moving forward. You will be in a purgatory like state - never growing or improving. The only thing that will change is the amount of time you have left. The clock is ticking - is nap time worth it?

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Okay, we have a start.In the two hours have you looked for anything?

Craigslist can become very lucrative.

I've decided I'm going to do this because I can't stop thinking about getting paid without having a 9-5. It's determined by how much hustle I put on.

I have one concern. How does pay work? Are they supposed to pay me before and I do the work, half pay at half way, or full pay at the end?

G

Guest34764

I have one concern. How does pay work? Are they supposed to pay me before and I do the work, half pay at half way, or full pay at the end?

They pay you after you've done the work usually.It just depends on what you request, though it would put people off if you told them you wanted to get paid before the job.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
They pay you after you've done the work usually.It just depends on what you request, though it would put people off if you told them you wanted to get paid before the job.

That's true, and I was thinking about this after I posted the question. If they really like my work, they won't hesitate to pay me, and may actually want my services again. If I get scammed, on to the next one and I never have to see them again.

G

Guest34764

That's true, and I was thinking about this after I posted the question. If they really like my work, they won't hesitate to pay me, and may actually want my services again. If I get scammed, on to the next one and I never have to see them again.

Why don't you try flipping on Craigslist instead of services though?You'll more than likely make more money flipping than services.

tflfguy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 26, 2016
United States
I've decided I'm going to do this because I can't stop thinking about getting paid without having a 9-5. It's determined by how much hustle I put on.

When I started, I asked for half upfront and the remainder upon completion of the service.
I also would only take on gigs where I could complete (or outsource) the service for that initial half (usually less).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Please SEARCH before posting.