The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Will the Kombucha / probiotic drink industry grow in 2025?

Idea threads

oregontrail

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 6, 2023
Ohio
Hello - I am considering starting a kombucha business in 2025. last year I brewed by first batch of kombucha and I love it. brewing and drinking kombucha.

I have given my kombucha to a few coworkers who say they liked it and suggested I take it to a farmers market to sell. I know the drink industry is very competitive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hello - I am considering starting a kombucha business in 2025. last year I brewed by first batch of kombucha and I love it. brewing and drinking kombucha.

I have given my kombucha to a few coworkers who say they liked it and suggested I take it to a farmers market to sell. I know the drink industry is very competitive.

An acquaintance of mine started an extremely well-known brand of Kombucha (it's on every shelf) and sold it to Pepsi for a little over 80 million.

Pepsi and Coca-Cola are in a war right now to control that market (they own almost all of them).
They also pour a ridiculous amount of sugar into the drinks (even though they say they are sugar free).
They don't care if they get caught (which they have). They pay a few million in fines and still reign supreme controlling that marketplace.

If you want to go to war with these assholes, you'll need a grass-roots guerilla warfare marketing strategy that's direct-to-consumer. Don't play in the retail space. Uncover their lies and fines and use that as your marketing.

You've gotta have balls of steel to jump into that business... I hope you have the guts to get in the ring with the big boys!

Go get 'em!

Bounce Back

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Dec 30, 2023
Florida

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
The big boys do fake kombucha though right? It isn't raw?

Basically.

But the sugar content is absolutely nuts. I'm talking *60* grams.

And if you look on the label it says like 3 grams.

Absolutely bonkers.

onhtwndr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Apr 30, 2024
Katoomba, NSW Australia

quite likely as more health consciousness grows. Netflix just released a new series, Hack Your Health about gut health so awareness is rising.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Basically.

But the sugar content is absolutely nuts. I'm talking *60* grams.

And if you look on the label it says like 3 grams.

Absolutely bonkers.
It’s a feature, not a bug.

That’s how they get you to like it and drink it.

oregontrail

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 6, 2023
Ohio
An acquaintance of mine started an extremely well-known brand of Kombucha (it's on every shelf) and sold it to Pepsi for a little over 80 million.

Pepsi and Coca-Cola are in a war right now to control that market (they own almost all of them).
They also pour a ridiculous amount of sugar into the drinks (even though they say they are sugar free).
They don't care if they get caught (which they have). They pay a few million in fines and still reign supreme controlling that marketplace.

If you want to go to war with these assholes, you'll need a grass-roots guerilla warfare marketing strategy that's direct-to-consumer. Don't play in the retail space. Uncover their lies and fines and use that as your marketing.

You've gotta have balls of steel to jump into that business... I hope you have the guts to get in the ring with the big boys!

Go get 'em!
One of the main players today is GTs Kombucha with neither pepsi or cola own. GTs doesn't pasteurize so its "real" kombucha. Cola and pepsi brands pasteurize their kombucha so it kills the good bacteria but its more shelf stable so that's worth it to them.

kombucha being a fermented beverage has some sugar in it(its basically fermented sweet tea).

My plan was start small in Farmers Markets and trade shows.

Seems the market has lots of potential.

kombucha-market.png

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Aug 26, 2023

My friend started his cola company in 2015. Everyone was sure that he wouldn't survive the market dominated by Pepsi and Coke! He used his strengths as a local manufacturer and played his marketing and distribution extremely well. in 2019 he rejected Pepsi's offer of $10 Million and has been making a consistent annual profit of approximately $ 3 Million post-COVID!

It can be done!

Groceryguy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 2, 2024

This is interesting I think you will do well. I have managed a grocery store for 10 years and now currently operate my own for 7 years. I have seen one brand(Canada) really stand out and make it through from local independent stores to some big box stores. The product sell through rate is decent at my store( but they had to do a few sample days)

This is a product that needs to built in public(showcase to the public everystep of your journey on social media) Your local crowd will love it. Once you have the proper licensing you can approach small stores and offer samples and sell to them. There is many ways of doing this but this is how I've seen local kombucha artisans go about it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.