So my dad recently offered me a stake in a new project he's working on that could potentially earn me quite a bit of money without me having to do much work for it.
So yeah, having the money would be great, but I'm not sure whether it is such a good idea or not. I am still relatively young (23 years old) and feel that just being given money that I'm getting purely because my dad is in charge might ruin my development as an independent person.
I know a lot of dad's hand down their businesses to their sons, but I honestly feel that one day I want to have accomplished everything out of my own actions. I feel my dad might be spoiling me somehow.
I also feel that it's nice of him to give me this opportunity and that if I tell him I don't want it he might feel offended. I'm not gonna be getting thaaaat much money, but its enough for me to live on it for the rest of my life without having to work at all.
I'm stuck here, because I've spoken to friends about it and they say I must be thankful for being so privileged. I just feel I will always have to live with the fact that my dad bailed me out when I couldn't provide for myself.
So yeah, having the money would be great, but I'm not sure whether it is such a good idea or not. I am still relatively young (23 years old) and feel that just being given money that I'm getting purely because my dad is in charge might ruin my development as an independent person.
I know a lot of dad's hand down their businesses to their sons, but I honestly feel that one day I want to have accomplished everything out of my own actions. I feel my dad might be spoiling me somehow.
I also feel that it's nice of him to give me this opportunity and that if I tell him I don't want it he might feel offended. I'm not gonna be getting thaaaat much money, but its enough for me to live on it for the rest of my life without having to work at all.
I'm stuck here, because I've spoken to friends about it and they say I must be thankful for being so privileged. I just feel I will always have to live with the fact that my dad bailed me out when I couldn't provide for myself.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
