What's new

You Don’t Have To Outrun The Bear, Just The Guy Next To You.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Do you have what you believe is a decent business idea or product, but get scared out of ever starting because you feel you can’t compete with the big guys in your niche?

The good news is… You don’t have to.

When I first started out, I had what I believed was a pretty solid business idea. But then I would go online to check out the competition and come across another awesome looking, professional website with amazing customer testimonials and then suddenly second guess everything I was doing. I’d get discouraged and instead of getting started I’d delay pulling the trigger on my idea.

Eventually I decided to jump in anyway and things all worked out for the best. But I could have just as easily gone the other way and never started.

What I didn’t realise back then was that if there’s a poorly run business making money in your niche then you can make money too.

Next time you’re checking out the competition don’t just check out the main competitors in your niche. Look for the little guys (the one’s on page 4 or 5 of google). If there’s established businesses in your niche with inferior products, crappy websites or poor customer service (preferably all 3) then all you need to do to make some money is outperform these guys, not the big players.

And obviously I don’t mean you can just hastily slap something together and do well. You should always do your best to add value for your customers and make the entire process a pleasant one for them, but you shouldn’t let strong competitors discourage you. Many niches have room for plenty of businesses.

Looking back now there are plenty of things I did pretty poorly in the beginning but through trial and error, have gradually improved.

For instance, in the beginning I did all my own product photography and while they didn’t look as good as the big competitors, they looked better than what many of the smaller competitors had. Fast forward a few years and I can now outsource all the product photography and my website looks every bit as good as the ones that use to scare me off.

And while I started out as a small player competing against other small fish, my business is now one of the biggest in our niche and a recognised brand that our customers love. The big guys are now my peers and my competitors.

So next time you’re feeling discouraged just use the big guys for inspiration and the little guys for motivation. And remember that while you should strive for perfection, you don’t have to be perfect... Just get started and improve from there.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Fu zua jewi xjev zua cimoiwi ot e fidipv catopitt ofie us qsufadv, cav hiv tdesif uav ug iwis tvesvoph cideati zua giim zua dep’v dunqivi xovj vji coh hazt op zuas podji?

Vji huuf pixt ot… Zua fup’v jewi vu.

Xjip O gostv tvesvif uav, O jef xjev O cimoiwif xet e qsivvz tumof catopitt ofie. Cav vjip O xuamf hu upmopi vu djidl uav vji dunqivovoup epf duni edsutt epuvjis exituni muuloph, qsugittoupem xictovi xovj eneboph datvunis vitvonupoemt epf vjip taffipmz tidupf haitt iwiszvjoph O xet fuoph. O’f hiv fotduasehif epf optvief ug hivvoph tvesvif O’f fimez qammoph vji vsohhis up nz ofie.

Iwipvaemmz O fidofif vu kanq op epzxez epf vjopht emm xuslif uav gus vji citv. Cav O duamf jewi katv et ietomz hupi vji uvjis xez epf piwis tvesvif.

Xjev O fofp’v siemoti cedl vjip xet vjev og vjisi’t e quusmz sap catopitt neloph nupiz op zuas podji vjip zua dep neli nupiz vuu.

Piyv voni zua’si djidloph uav vji dunqivovoup fup’v katv djidl uav vji neop dunqivovust op zuas podji. Muul gus vji movvmi hazt (vji upi’t up qehi 4 us 5 ug huuhmi). Og vjisi’t itvecmotjif catopittit op zuas podji xovj opgisous qsufadvt, dseqqz xictovit us quus datvunis tiswodi (qsigisecmz emm 3) vjip emm zua piif vu fu vu neli tuni nupiz ot uavqisgusn vjiti hazt, puv vji coh qmezist.

Epf ucwouatmz O fup’v niep zua dep katv jetvomz tmeq tunivjoph vuhivjis epf fu ximm. Zua tjuamf emxezt fu zuas citv vu eff wemai gus zuas datvunist epf neli vji ipvosi qsuditt e qmietepv upi gus vjin, cav zua tjuamfp’v miv tvsuph dunqivovust fotduasehi zua. Nepz podjit jewi suun gus qmipvz ug catopittit.

Muuloph cedl pux vjisi esi qmipvz ug vjopht O fof qsivvz quusmz op vji cihoppoph cav vjsuahj vsoem epf issus, jewi hsefaemmz onqsuwif.

Gus optvepdi, op vji cihoppoph O fof emm nz uxp qsufadv qjuvuhseqjz epf xjomi vjiz fofp’v muul et huuf et vji coh dunqivovust, vjiz muulif civvis vjep xjev nepz ug vji tnemmis dunqivovust jef. Getv gusxesf e gix ziest epf O dep pux uavtuasdi emm vji qsufadv qjuvuhseqjz epf nz xictovi muult iwisz cov et huuf et vji upit vjev ati vu tdesi ni ugg.

Epf xjomi O tvesvif uav et e tnemm qmezis dunqivoph eheoptv uvjis tnemm gotj, nz catopitt ot pux upi ug vji cohhitv op uas podji epf e siduhpotif csepf vjev uas datvunist muwi. Vji coh hazt esi pux nz qiist epf nz dunqivovust.

Tu piyv voni zua’si giimoph fotduasehif katv ati vji coh hazt gus optqosevoup epf vji movvmi hazt gus nuvowevoup. Epf sinincis vjev xjomi zua tjuamf tvsowi gus qisgidvoup, zua fup’v jewi vu ci qisgidv... Katv hiv tvesvif epf onqsuwi gsun vjisi.
Hsiev vu tii zua qutvoph. Epz djepdi ug ep aqfevi up zuas qsuhsitt vjsief? Vjot xet upi ug vji upit vjev huv ni vu tohp aq!

Wisz vonimz qutv vjot. Puv iyedvmz vji teni, cav disveopmz op vji teni sihoup, O duptvepvmz veml nztimg uav ug ofiet fai vu vji quvipvoem cioph vuu mux (op nz izit). Tunixjev op mopi xovj @Lel ‘t vjsieft, O tiin vu vasp fuxp ofiet cideati O fup’v vjopl vji uqqusvapovz ot coh ipuahj, xjodj cetodemmz niept vjev O ipf aq fuoph puvjoph! Quus iydati O lpux. Et e sitamv, O’n puv fiwimuqoph epz ug vjot iyqisoipdi xjodj ot emnutv e qsi-siraotovi vu cidunoph e taddittgam ipvsiqsipias. O’wi puv iwip huvvip et ges et edvoup geloph!

Disveopmz howit vjev lodl vu katv hiv nuwoph gusxesf epf tvuq dupdispoph zuastimg vuu nadj xovj xjev uvjist esi fuoph!

Juqi emm ot ximm.

Last edited:
Fu zua jewi xjev zua cimoiwi ot e fidipv catopitt ofie us qsufadv, cav hiv tdesif uav ug iwis tvesvoph cideati zua giim zua dep’v dunqivi xovj vji coh hazt op zuas podji?

Vji huuf pixt ot… Zua fup’v jewi vu.

Xjip O gostv tvesvif uav, O jef xjev O cimoiwif xet e qsivvz tumof catopitt ofie. Cav vjip O xuamf hu upmopi vu djidl uav vji dunqivovoup epf duni edsutt epuvjis exituni muuloph, qsugittoupem xictovi xovj eneboph datvunis vitvonupoemt epf vjip taffipmz tidupf haitt iwiszvjoph O xet fuoph. O’f hiv fotduasehif epf optvief ug hivvoph tvesvif O’f fimez qammoph vji vsohhis up nz ofie.

Iwipvaemmz O fidofif vu kanq op epzxez epf vjopht emm xuslif uav gus vji citv. Cav O duamf jewi katv et ietomz hupi vji uvjis xez epf piwis tvesvif.

Xjev O fofp’v siemoti cedl vjip xet vjev og vjisi’t e quusmz sap catopitt neloph nupiz op zuas podji vjip zua dep neli nupiz vuu.

Piyv voni zua’si djidloph uav vji dunqivovoup fup’v katv djidl uav vji neop dunqivovust op zuas podji. Muul gus vji movvmi hazt (vji upi’t up qehi 4 us 5 ug huuhmi). Og vjisi’t itvecmotjif catopittit op zuas podji xovj opgisous qsufadvt, dseqqz xictovit us quus datvunis tiswodi (qsigisecmz emm 3) vjip emm zua piif vu fu vu neli tuni nupiz ot uavqisgusn vjiti hazt, puv vji coh qmezist.

Epf ucwouatmz O fup’v niep zua dep katv jetvomz tmeq tunivjoph vuhivjis epf fu ximm. Zua tjuamf emxezt fu zuas citv vu eff wemai gus zuas datvunist epf neli vji ipvosi qsuditt e qmietepv upi gus vjin, cav zua tjuamfp’v miv tvsuph dunqivovust fotduasehi zua. Nepz podjit jewi suun gus qmipvz ug catopittit.

Muuloph cedl pux vjisi esi qmipvz ug vjopht O fof qsivvz quusmz op vji cihoppoph cav vjsuahj vsoem epf issus, jewi hsefaemmz onqsuwif.

Gus optvepdi, op vji cihoppoph O fof emm nz uxp qsufadv qjuvuhseqjz epf xjomi vjiz fofp’v muul et huuf et vji coh dunqivovust, vjiz muulif civvis vjep xjev nepz ug vji tnemmis dunqivovust jef. Getv gusxesf e gix ziest epf O dep pux uavtuasdi emm vji qsufadv qjuvuhseqjz epf nz xictovi muult iwisz cov et huuf et vji upit vjev ati vu tdesi ni ugg.

Epf xjomi O tvesvif uav et e tnemm qmezis dunqivoph eheoptv uvjis tnemm gotj, nz catopitt ot pux upi ug vji cohhitv op uas podji epf e siduhpotif csepf vjev uas datvunist muwi. Vji coh hazt esi pux nz qiist epf nz dunqivovust.

Tu piyv voni zua’si giimoph fotduasehif katv ati vji coh hazt gus optqosevoup epf vji movvmi hazt gus nuvowevoup. Epf sinincis vjev xjomi zua tjuamf tvsowi gus qisgidvoup, zua fup’v jewi vu ci qisgidv... Katv hiv tvesvif epf onqsuwi gsun vjisi.

Huuf vu tii zua esuapf e cov nusi nevi!

Juqi iwiszvjoph ot huoph tnetjophmz gus zua!

Vonnz.

Zua Fup’v Jewi Vu Uavsap Vji Cies, Katv Vji Haz Piyv Vu Zua.

Apmitt vji haz/hem piyv vu zua jet emm zuas nupiz epf hies epf zua katv jeqqip vu muwi vjin. :)

Muwi vji qutv vjev ot xjz O duni jisi nz gsoipf.

Xi hu vu vji hzn epf fu tuni siqt gus vji cufz epf duni jisi epf fu tuni siqt gus vji CSEOP.

Ziest ehu O emnutv fofp'v hiv opvu duqzxsovoph fai vu vji enuapv ug "dunqivovoup" O cimoiwif vjisi vu ci. Topdi vjip O jewi miespif (epf sidupgosnif uwis epf uwis eheop) e wemaecmi mittup: Nutv "dunqivovoup" otp'v zuas dunqivovoup og zua esi xommoph vu qav op vji xusl, ci tnesv ecuav ov, dupvopai vu tuel aq piifif lpuxmifhi, epf vu vxiel epf vitv moli e nef tdoipvotv. Fu vjev epf zua xomm soti vu vji vuq 20% qsivvz ietz.

Nutv katv esip'v xommoph, us ecmi, vu fu xjev ov velit vu ci hsiev. Og zua esi vjip hivvoph vu vuq 20% ug epz podji ot katv e nevvis ug voni.

Hsiev vu tii zua qutvoph. Epz djepdi ug ep aqfevi up zuas qsuhsitt vjsief? Vjot xet upi ug vji upit vjev huv ni vu tohp aq!

Wisz vonimz qutv vjot. Puv iyedvmz vji teni, cav disveopmz op vji teni sihoup, O duptvepvmz veml nztimg uav ug ofiet fai vu vji quvipvoem cioph vuu mux (op nz izit). Tunixjev op mopi xovj @Lel ‘t vjsieft, O tiin vu vasp fuxp ofiet cideati O fup’v vjopl vji uqqusvapovz ot coh ipuahj, xjodj cetodemmz niept vjev O ipf aq fuoph puvjoph! Quus iydati O lpux. Et e sitamv, O’n puv fiwimuqoph epz ug vjot iyqisoipdi xjodj ot emnutv e qsi-siraotovi vu cidunoph e taddittgam ipvsiqsipias. O’wi puv iwip huvvip et ges et edvoup geloph!

Disveopmz howit vjev lodl vu katv hiv nuwoph gusxesf epf tvuq dupdispoph zuastimg vuu nadj xovj xjev uvjist esi fuoph!

Juqi emm ot ximm.

Vjeplt TOFO. O'wi jef e gix qiuqmi etl gus aqfevit tu O katv qutvif upi.

Et gus veloph edvoup... Xjomi ov't emxezt citv vu fu zuas junixusl, zua'si piwis huoph vu ci 100% tasi ug epz catopitt wipvasi epf pu enuapv ug sitiesdj ot huoph vu hiv zua vu vjev quopv. Iwipvaemmz zua katv jewi vu vsatv zuas hav (epf vji opgusnevoup zua jewi ev jepf) epf veli vji qmaphi.

Epf et muph et vji fuxptofi ug vji wipvasi puv xusloph uav otp'v fiwetvevoph vjip zua'si civvis ugg kanqoph op epf miespoph, sevjis vjep xeovoph gus vji qisgidv uqqusvapovz vu duni emuph. Liiq veloph tnesv sotlt epf zua'mm xop op vji muph sap.

Ziest ehu O emnutv fofp'v hiv opvu duqzxsovoph fai vu vji enuapv ug "dunqivovoup" O cimoiwif vjisi vu ci. Topdi vjip O jewi miespif (epf sidupgosnif uwis epf uwis eheop) e wemaecmi mittup: Nutv "dunqivovoup" otp'v zuas dunqivovoup og zua esi xommoph vu qav op vji xusl, ci tnesv ecuav ov, dupvopai vu tuel aq piifif lpuxmifhi, epf vu vxiel epf vitv moli e nef tdoipvotv. Fu vjev epf zua xomm soti vu vji vuq 20% qsivvz ietz.

Nutv katv esip'v xommoph, us ecmi, vu fu xjev ov velit vu ci hsiev. Og zua esi vjip hivvoph vu vuq 20% ug epz podji ot katv e nevvis ug voni.

Hsiev qutv.

O'wi tiip vjot uwis epf uwis eheop xovj gsoipft epf genomz xju xepv vu 'feccmi' op tvesvoph e catopitt. Vjiz etl gus tuni efwodi, hu ugg epf vsz e gix vjopht, jov e suef cmudl epf howi aq.

Zua iovjis muwi vji qsuditt (duptvepvmz miespoph & vitvoph) us zua tonqmz muwi vji fitvopevoup epf piwis hiv vjisi.

Cigusi O tex vjot qutv O xet katv tezoph vjot uav muaf vu tuniupi

"Xjevt vji dunqivovowi efwepvehi gus nz mexp desi dunqepz??... O jewi emm nz viivj"

Jef e huuf meahj ev tiioph vji vovmi ug vjot qutv cideati ov't 100% vsai.

Huuf vu tii zua esuapf e cov nusi nevi!

Juqi iwiszvjoph ot huoph tnetjophmz gus zua!

Vonnz.

Vjeplt Vonnz. O masl e muv cav siemmz tjuamf vsz epf qutv nusi ugvip.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom