Hey Fastlane, i'm DuskDevil, in my early twenties and new to entreprenuership and hope to learn a lot and also provide to the forum
My ultimate goals are to have a successful group of businesses that also strive to be as eco-friendly as possible and also give to the community.
Unfortunately for now, any projects I undertake will not be focusing on being eco-friendly as I feel doing it straight away would be shooting myself in the foot. Instead i'd want to gain some traction before transitioning to a more eco-friendly but still profitable business.
I currently have a couple of projects but have not done anything significant as I'd need a full-time job to be able to start them as side projects.
One of these projects is a clothing brand, that looks to a more younger and rebellious crowd, with a secret USP. I feel I could start that in 2020 as I have an artist who is willing to work with me and with services like Teespring or Printify, start-up costs could be relitavely low and with some clever guerilla marketing, could blow up. The other project is a sauce business, which would have a higher start-up cost and I have no USP for that so it would be a case of marketing and getting the product out there.
Other things that interest me are soccer, computers, food and gaming
I know some pretty basic stuff about tech and websites, and I feel I have a good eye for design, so thats what value I have
I own a domain name, it's a pretty common noun as a domain hack ( famous examples : like youtu.be, del.icio.us) and the .com of the word is not being used by a company (it's taken tho).
The noun is pretty generic but that also means it memorable, a similar example would be dragonf. ly [THAT IS NOT MY DOMAIN]
The thing is that it is too generic for some things, like clothing, as trademarks exist that would stop me, but I feel it would be wasted on a niche site.
What would you do with a generic but marketable word domain name?
thanks for reading
My ultimate goals are to have a successful group of businesses that also strive to be as eco-friendly as possible and also give to the community.
Unfortunately for now, any projects I undertake will not be focusing on being eco-friendly as I feel doing it straight away would be shooting myself in the foot. Instead i'd want to gain some traction before transitioning to a more eco-friendly but still profitable business.
I currently have a couple of projects but have not done anything significant as I'd need a full-time job to be able to start them as side projects.
One of these projects is a clothing brand, that looks to a more younger and rebellious crowd, with a secret USP. I feel I could start that in 2020 as I have an artist who is willing to work with me and with services like Teespring or Printify, start-up costs could be relitavely low and with some clever guerilla marketing, could blow up. The other project is a sauce business, which would have a higher start-up cost and I have no USP for that so it would be a case of marketing and getting the product out there.
Other things that interest me are soccer, computers, food and gaming
I know some pretty basic stuff about tech and websites, and I feel I have a good eye for design, so thats what value I have
I own a domain name, it's a pretty common noun as a domain hack ( famous examples : like youtu.be, del.icio.us) and the .com of the word is not being used by a company (it's taken tho).
The noun is pretty generic but that also means it memorable, a similar example would be dragonf. ly [THAT IS NOT MY DOMAIN]
The thing is that it is too generic for some things, like clothing, as trademarks exist that would stop me, but I feel it would be wasted on a niche site.
What would you do with a generic but marketable word domain name?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
