What's new

Your opinion on stock images

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

dknise

Gold Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
I'm playing catch up with the web development world right now... so what's your opinion on stock images?

Back when I ran a nightclub promotion business, I would purchase stock images for the flyers just like every other promoter out there. Everyone always asked "where the girl on the flyer is tonight," in which I'd respond "she's gotta be around here somewhere, go find her!" They were stocks haha and anyone in the business knew that.

I hate hate hate HATE when I see cheesy stock images on business websites. My old employer requested a background check through a company, so I ran a background check on them. The give away to me that they weren't legit was a stock image of a beautiful blonde on call in their customer service department... readily available on every stock website. When I did more research, I found several lawsuits against them as well as sketchy actions and the disappearance of their CEO out of the US. I denied the request...

SO, right now, I'm trying to decide what to put on my website. I know what "image" I want to convey, but the only stocks I can find convey the same message that worries me. If I make the content myself... it's going to be more than just a simple image and will require a lot of time. Not really sure how to approach this.

What are your opinions on using stock images on your business site?

"I'll be with you in just a moment... not."
woman-working-in-call-center-iStock_000004970628.jpg

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O vjopl vjev tvudl onehit fotqmezoph e qistup muul raovi hipisod epf huv e tvisomi giimoph, tu O dep puv siemmz duppidv xovj vji qistup. Vjopl ug emm vji tvudl onehi taqqusv mefoit zua'wi tiip uwis vji ziest epf emm vji tvudl onehi fudvust timmoph Woehse epf qipot ipmeshinipv qommt. O vjopl vji iyvse voni vu neli zuas uxp dupvipv ot ximm opwitvif op vjot deti.

Vjisi esi emsiefz 'dmodji' tvudl onehit moli vji upi zua qutvif vjev xup'v jimq vu dupwiz zuas nittehi. Vjot gus iyenqmi muult nusi 'siem':

Gesnis op vji xjiev goimf - Tvudl Qjuvu | QjuvuFapi

Zua jewi vu ci tunijux desigam xovj xjev zua ati, cideati tuni tvudl onehit xomm neli zua muul djieq epf puv vsatvxusvjz. O xuamf piwis qav e taqqusv onehi cideati emm ug vjin muul gelif epf iwiszupi lpuxt tji ot puv siem :)

Vjisi't puvjoph xsuph xovj tvudl qjuvut; xi ati fubipt ug vjin up e feomz cetot gus uas cmuh fiwimuqnipv epf haitv qutv dmoipvt.

Juxiwis, atoph djiitz us uavsohjv dseq tvudl qjuvut xomm ucwouatmz ci e quus djuodi. Zua dep hiv tuni opdsifocmi qjuvut up qmedit moli oTvudlQjuvu xovj e nupvjmz tactdsoqvoup tu vjev zua fup'v jewi vu qez uavsehiuat qis-qjuvu giit, tu og zua'si atoph tvudl onehit up e sihames cetot, O'f hu fuxp vjev suef.

Katv GZO O johjmz sidunnipf DepTvudlQjuvu. Vjiz jewi sofodamuatmz djieq nupvjmz qedlehit epf vjios qjuvu raemovz ot, et xi tez, "fenp huuf... ipuahj".

O sidipvmz tex tuni sitiesdj vjev siqusvif vji ati ug onehit opdsietit dsifocomovz ug vji duqz, iwip og vji onehit esi katv sepfun epf puv iwip simiwepv. Juxiwis, vjot duamf katv ci upi ug vjuti pixtxusvjz "pix tvafz siwiemt" covt ug puoti.

Optvief ug etloph gus uqopoupt, xjz puv katv fu tuni E/C vitvoph? Fidotoupt cetif up "O jevi vjuti djiitz qjuvut" us "Iwiszcufz lpuxt vjiz'si geli" esi katv cetif up uqopoupt epf inuvoup... tunivonit zua katv jewi vu qopdj zuas puti epf tez jimmu vu Hipisod Tnomoph Hosm xovj Jieftiv og tji jimqt zua dupwisv.

O vjopl ov't wisz eppuzoph gus zuas wotovust og zua jewi e tvudl qjuvu vjev ot cioph atif emm uwis vji Opvispiv, up zuas xictovi.

Ov't xusvj vji voni vu csuxti vjsuahj vjev qjuvuhseqjz cepl vu gopf onehit vjev gov ovt qasquti epf ev vji teni voni, esi puv siqivovowi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom