The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

15 year old who discovered fastlane a year ago, but just started taking it seriously

Idea threads

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Hello forum users, about a year and a half ago, when I was 14, I discovered The Millionaire Fastlane and this forum. I have lurked the forum since then a bit, but only recently did I truly decide to take it seriously. I have also read Unscripted and am currently reading The Great Rat Race Escape .

I also already have a business idea, but I am not sure how good it is necessarily.

The Business:

The business itself is a website which serves as a hub where freelance game developers can meet up with people who may potentially want to hire them, I was thinking of having this site target the Roblox platform specifically, as this is a site where people are constantly trying to build games, so this site can easily help them find developers. This can also help developers find people who are trying to hire them. I also have a good bit of experience with Roblox. Roblox game development is in high demand at the moment, and in this situation, I am applying the logic "when others are digging for gold, sell shovels".

How this will be monetized:

- I will take a commission of what people are charging to be hired
- People can pay for a subscription, which can make people's profiles the first ones you see on the site
- Advertisements on the site

How I plan to advertise the site:

- I plan to mainly target Instagram and TikTok for marketing purposes, specifically those who are either into Roblox or those who are fans of guys like Andrew Tate and Hamza
- I plan to have an affiliate marketing program, where they will receive part of my commission on the accounts of those who registered via their affiliate link

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

EngineerThis

Accelerate your New Product Launch!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Hello forum users, about a year and a half ago, when I was 14, I discovered The Millionaire Fastlane and this forum. I have lurked the forum since then a bit, but only recently did I truly decide to take it seriously. I have also read Unscripted and am currently reading The Great Rat Race Escape .

I also already have a business idea, but I am not sure how good it is necessarily.

The Business:

The business itself is a website which serves as a hub where freelance game developers can meet up with people who may potentially want to hire them, I was thinking of having this site target the Roblox platform specifically, as this is a site where people are constantly trying to build games, so this site can easily help them find developers. This can also help developers find people who are trying to hire them. I also have a good bit of experience with Roblox. Roblox game development is in high demand at the moment, and in this situation, I am applying the logic "when others are digging for gold, sell shovels".

- People can pay for a subscription, which can make people's profiles the first ones you see on the site

- I plan to mainly target Instagram and TikTok for marketing purposes, specifically those who are either into Roblox or those who are fans of guys like Andrew Tate and Hamza
- I plan to have an affiliate marketing program, where they will receive part of my commission on the accounts of those who registered via their affiliate link
A solid plan of owning the space where buyers and sellers interact.. Helping the sellers find buyers, and buyers find sellers even better.
What would the smallest most minimal version of this look like?

Hint: Spend less time building the platform, and more time learning how to provide sellers "Leads" and "sourcing" sellers for buyers :)

-Maybe offer to bring leads to existing sellers for a %
-Offer those sellers to buyers on X platform

Only then would I start building your platform, and incentivizing your buyer and seller contacts to join. There are 10,000 websites created EVERY HOUR. You need to learn how to work with buyers and sellers, and how to bring traffic... Until you are overloaded with clients and need a space for them to interact more automatically without involving you. -Cheers

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

The Business:

Interesting. I played a bit of Big Paintball with my kids. They're forever spending money on Roblox.

Where do all the Roblox developers hang out and chat? Is it Discord servers, or ...?

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Interesting. I played a bit of Big Paintball with my kids. They're forever spending money on Roblox.

Where do all the Roblox developers hang out and chat? Is it Discord servers, or ...?
mostly discord, I have been in a few developer servers, and I think there is a lot of room for improvements

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
mostly discord, I have been in a few developer servers, and I think there is a lot of room for improvements
How do game developers find those servers?

How do budding game developers learn and keep up to date?

How do companies currently find games developers?

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
A solid plan of owning the space where buyers and sellers interact.. Helping the sellers find buyers, and buyers find sellers even better.
What would the smallest most minimal version of this look like?

Hint: Spend less time building the platform, and more time learning how to provide sellers "Leads" and "sourcing" sellers for buyers :)

-Maybe offer to bring leads to existing sellers for a %
-Offer those sellers to buyers on X platform

Only then would I start building your platform, and incentivizing your buyer and seller contacts to join. There are 10,000 websites created EVERY HOUR. You need to learn how to work with buyers and sellers, and how to bring traffic... Until you are overloaded with clients and need a space for them to interact more automatically without involving you. -Cheers
So in this situation, I should find people with game development experience, and then market to those who want to have a game built

And create a website for this once I am getting a lot of clients

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So in this situation, I should find people with game development experience, and then market to those who want to have a game built

It's a two sided market place. Typically, if you get the side with the money first then the other side will come to you. Not always - Google didn't do it that way.

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI

Correct. Be the middle man, until you can transfer it too more automated means :). You need to learn these skills, it will be hard. But you will be successful.

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
How do game developers find those servers?

How do budding game developers learn and keep up to date?

How do companies currently find games developers?
Game developers find the servers through a site which advertises discord server

Idk how game devs learn and keep up to date nowadays, as I haven't been doing much development lately

People who want games built find developers through discord mostly at the moment

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Game developers find the servers through a site which advertises discord server

Idk how game devs learn and keep up to date nowadays, as I haven't been doing much development lately

People who want games built find developers through discord mostly at the moment
However, this is not that good for finding highly experienced individuals willing to do large projects from my experience, and my site is going to be likely targeting the individuals who want this done the most.

My site will also show the portfolios of those interested in being developers, which will help people who will be potentially hiring them to find out who is highly experienced better, along with a rating system (0-5 stars) for them.

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Correct. Be the middle man, until you can transfer it too more automated means :). You need to learn these skills, it will be hard. But you will be successful.
You have any tips for this, is there anything I should check out before I start, or should I just do it

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
You have any tips for this, is there anything I should check out before I start, or should I just do it
Honestly, Alex Hormozi with $1million dollar Leads would be a great start.. But in the end, just start messaging people..
"Hey buyers, I can get you custom-designed avatars"
then..
"Hey sellers I have X amount of buyers looking for custom work. Can you satisfy their needs? Here are 5 buyers for free as good faith, I'll send you the others too but I want a 10% finders fee."
then..
"Glad I could provide you buyers with the custom work you wanted, if you tell your friends I will give you a bonus"
then..
"Hey seller, I have even more clients for you.. Same deal as before, but can you also throw in a special bonus for them?"

Hope you get the idea :) remember you need to be THE GUY. Always think, "How can I help more"

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Honestly, Alex Hormozi with $1million dollar Leads would be a great start.. But in the end, just start messaging people..
"Hey buyers, I can get you custom-designed avatars"
then..
"Hey sellers I have X amount of buyers looking for custom work. Can you satisfy their needs? Here are 5 buyers for free as good faith, I'll send you the others too but I want a 10% finders fee."
then..
"Glad I could provide you buyers with the custom work you wanted, if you tell your friends I will give you a bonus"
then..
"Hey seller, I have even more clients for you.. Same deal as before, but can you also throw in a special bonus for them?"

Hope you get the idea :) remember you need to be THE GUY. Always think, "How can I help more"
thank you for the advice, I have no experience in this yet, so I think this will benefit me a lot

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway

The Business:

be sure to keep updating us every now and then, i'm excited to seeing your progress :)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Don't get fixated on the website part, and the 5 stars etc. Your job isn't to build a website, it's to help companies find talent, and talent find work. You may or may not use a website to do that.

Imagine you got wind that a games development company needed 5 more Roblox programmers. You could pop into the Discord servers frequented by Roblox programmers and ask if anyone's interested. Bet you then get some people to sift through before passing on their details.

How can you find the roles that are available, and/or ones coming up?

Are these sort of jobs posted on Indeed, Careerjet, Fiverr, some Roblox marketplace, etc?

Can you help the recruiters find talent using your current network?

Start by figuring out who's got the money and is looking for someone to give it to. How can you get in front of them and help them give that money to someone?

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Don't get fixated on the website part, and the 5 stars etc. Your job isn't to build a website, it's to help companies find talent, and talent find work. You may or may not use a website to do that.
I don't plan to have a website until I have a large customer base after reading some of the suggestions here

rishj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Feb 21, 2024
doesn't fiverr already have 800+roblox developers?
how you're supposed to outrank them?

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
He’s not. He’s going to connect them to buyers

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
My business will connect developers to people who need them and vice versa

However, my business is very similar to that, except for the roblox development niche, which will give me a value skew

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
If you're going to build a platform I would highly highly recommend reading "The Cold Start Problem".

The issue with building a marketplace or platform is that there are 2 sides, and you need both to make it function.

It's an absolute grind to attract one side long enough to grab the attention of the other side. There has to be enough incentive for both sides to use the product.

This is why many developers say that building a platform is one of the hardest and least profitable software products to build.

Uber didn't break even until 2023, so it's going to be hard unless you have some uncle who is a VC investor.

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
If you're going to build a platform I would highly highly recommend reading "The Cold Start Problem".

The issue with building a marketplace or platform is that there are 2 sides, and you need both to make it function.

It's an absolute grind to attract one side long enough to grab the attention of the other side. There has to be enough incentive for both sides to use the product.

This is why many developers say that building a platform is one of the hardest and least profitable software products to build.

Uber didn't break even until 2023, so it's going to be hard unless you have some uncle who is a VC investor.
Should I be profitable if I manage to attract both sides to my platform at a significant degree

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
Should I be profitable if I manage to attract both sides to my platform at a significant degree
Facebook makes zero money as a platform... They make a ton of money selling Lead data to Advertisers... That's how you need to shift your thinking.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This might help:

futurebillionair

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Nov 4, 2022
Facebook makes zero money as a platform... They make a ton of money selling Lead data to Advertisers... That's how you need to shift your thinking.
so in this situation, selling leads to my customers would be an example of a good way to make money from the platform, instead of from the platform itself (such as the subscription + cut of sales I mentioned in my first message in this thread)

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI
so in this situation, selling leads to my customers would be an example of a good way to make money from the platform, instead of from the platform itself (such as the subscription + cut of sales I mentioned in my first message in this thread)
Bingo, and you can start doing this NOW without a platform, which is more my point :).

EngineerThis

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Nov 26, 2014
Traverse City, MI

Fit Tech Goat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 29, 2024

The Business:

Solid business G! Keep going, I hope you'll succeed!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...