The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

25, Techie – Ready To Take Control Of My Life

Bowzie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 30, 2022
San Jose, CA
I've recently read Millionaire Fastlane . I am currently reading The Great Rat Race Escape .

I went to school to become an engineer, played college sports, and participated in engineering clubs. I was always told, "engineers make great money!". I never doubted it and looked forward to my luxurious life in Silicon Valley as a HW Engineer. When I graduated, I got a great job and started saving as much as I could. The more I did the math of my financial trajectory, the more I put myself in denial. Even with a high paying job I'd still need to live frugally until 55 to have “real money”. I soon lost a good chunk of my net worth in the stock market and really started to question the path I was on. Then the Millionaire Fastlane punched me in the gut…

This feels like what I am supposed to be doing.
  • I've always wrote down my business ideas, but never executed. (here’s my chance)
  • I already have the skills to create hardware products from scratch and outsource manufacturing.
  • I can create a business with CUL while keeping a job that pays the bills (until it’s not needed).
Ok Fastlane Forum. I have some questions.
  • I want to build a tribe of peers/mentors, so I live and breathe entrepreneurism every day. Besides this forum, any tips?
  • I have several ideas for products and businesses but lack the knowledge of creating a website and advertising. Where do you suggest I start?
  • Any general tips or stories, I’d love to hear them

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Welcome to the forum Bowzie, and good to see another techie here!

For your last question about websites, there has never been a better time to be able to easily toss up facebook ads and drive them to wix landing pages or clickfunnels pages that can be made from a template in minutes- you can probably find some youtube videos on how to do exactly that.

For a tribe of peers- TFF is supposed to be it, but some people also like facebook groups or discord. If not those, people stand up masterminds all the time (but from what I've seen, few hold together).

Bowzie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 30, 2022
San Jose, CA
Welcome to the forum Bowzie, and good to see another techie here!

For your last question about websites, there has never been a better time to be able to easily toss up facebook ads and drive them to wix landing pages or clickfunnels pages that can be made from a template in minutes- you can probably find some youtube videos on how to do exactly that.

For a tribe of peers- TFF is supposed to be it, but some people also like facebook groups or discord. If not those, people stand up masterminds all the time (but from what I've seen, few hold together).
I'll dive deep into website building. I'll check out the things you mentioned.

For the tribe of peers I guess I mean an in-person tribe. My environment is engineers and techies who want a higher salary. I'll search the forum, I'm sure I'll find something here.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard, engineering is a great Fastlane skill !!!!

jdm667

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 27, 2020
Boston, MA
I've recently read Millionaire Fastlane . I am currently reading The Great Rat Race Escape .

I went to school to become an engineer, played college sports, and participated in engineering clubs. I was always told, "engineers make great money!". I never doubted it and looked forward to my luxurious life in Silicon Valley as a HW Engineer. When I graduated, I got a great job and started saving as much as I could. The more I did the math of my financial trajectory, the more I put myself in denial. Even with a high paying job I'd still need to live frugally until 55 to have “real money”. I soon lost a good chunk of my net worth in the stock market and really started to question the path I was on. Then the Millionaire Fastlane punched me in the gut…

This feels like what I am supposed to be doing.
  • I've always wrote down my business ideas, but never executed. (here’s my chance)
  • I already have the skills to create hardware products from scratch and outsource manufacturing.
  • I can create a business with CUL while keeping a job that pays the bills (until it’s not needed).
Ok Fastlane Forum. I have some questions.
  • I want to build a tribe of peers/mentors, so I live and breathe entrepreneurism every day. Besides this forum, any tips?
  • I have several ideas for products and businesses but lack the knowledge of creating a website and advertising. Where do you suggest I start?
  • Any general tips or stories, I’d love to hear them
Welcome!

In addition to this forum, you might search for a tech/entrepreneurship newsletter. It can give you some ideas (and connect you with the right people if it has a membership forum or private social media group).

Use Google, product reviews, forums, etc. to find common questions that people have about products that are similar to your ideas.

How can you answer those questions on your website and position your product as the solution - or maybe even gauge interest, build an email list, and get preorders? (i.e. content marketing).

Bowzie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 30, 2022
San Jose, CA
Welcome Bowzie, nice to see you around.

Im an Fullstack-Developer since 8 years, I might help you with some questions. Feel free to ask.
Thanks Necromant! I'll be reaching out soon.

Bowzie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 30, 2022
San Jose, CA
Welcome!

In addition to this forum, you might search for a tech/entrepreneurship newsletter. It can give you some ideas (and connect you with the right people if it has a membership forum or private social media group).

Use Google, product reviews, forums, etc. to find common questions that people have about products that are similar to your ideas.

How can you answer those questions on your website and position your product as the solution - or maybe even gauge interest, build an email list, and get preorders? (i.e. content marketing).
Thanks jdm667. Love this advice. I'm going to set out and do this.

If I'm being honest, it's too easy for me to slip into the comfort of my job and not focus too much time on other endeavors. It's easy for me to work at my job, I surround myself with coworkers. It's easy for me to workout 3+ times a week, because I have a group of friends that I always see at the gym.

What would my life look like if entrepreneurship was easy? - I imagine I'd have tribe of people I can relate to for the work that I do.

Tonci

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Aug 29, 2021
Welcome to the forum Bowzie!

I'd be happy to help you create your website and advertising. I recommend that you take a look at the book Marketing Made Simple by Donald Miller in order to make high-quality websites and writing great copy.
You can also take a look at my journey here: (INTRO - Starting a robotics company), where you may find some useful information.

melanieps

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 1, 2021
Hi, I'm still navigation and finding my path. I also think that engineering is a great skill, specially to solve the most difficult problems and make great impact in the world, look at the impressive cities we live in, skyscrapers, dams, bridgest, etc.

Maybe approaching those skills with new fastlane mentality can help you get clarity onto your next step. Create systems and make bridges (brick by brick) to get to you goal. Any endevenur needs strong and well put systems and processes so it wont fall apart. Choose few ideas that need problem solving, (the more difficult the problem the more rewards) how to improve it and what value can you give. - Also check if it alines with your personality and character, in order to find the passion for the process and be less inclined to go back to the confort zone - Research all about the ideas, you'll get great questions and then the mentors and experts will have great answers.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Welcome @Bowzie.

@ZCP runs an engineering company. You might want to check him out.

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
639%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
I went to school to become an engineer, played college sports, and participated in engineering clubs. I was always told, "engineers make great money!". I never doubted it and looked forward to my luxurious life in Silicon Valley as a HW Engineer. When I graduated, I got a great job and started saving as much as I could. The more I did the math of my financial trajectory, the more I put myself in denial. Even with a high paying job I'd still need to live frugally until 55 to have “real money”.

Welcome - your beginnings sound awfully close to mine as an engineer. With one of the highest 'starting salaries' I thought I'd be swimming in penthouse suites and lambos in no time.

Reality, math and the corporate world (walls) have a way of slamming reality in your face real fast majority of the time.

I was able to leave that world for good when I was 24 and 15+ years later here we are.

Be careful finetuning your mind on investing as well and know what role it plays in your life, see my two threads here and here.

Good luck on your journey and feel free to ask any questions!

Bowzie

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Dec 30, 2022
San Jose, CA
Thank you all for replying. I was not expecting anything to come from this post. It's inspiring to see your replies. I will be following up with questions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...