The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

An example of emails I send to referrals

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A web developer introduced one of his clients to me.

Below is my second email to the prospective client.

In the first email I promised to do a quick bit of research and send it to him this morning. I kept that promise and sent the email below at 11:30am. (It's important to state when you're going to do something, and then sticking to that promise or letting them know why it might slip.)

I do this research to satisfy myself I can indeed help people. If I don't think I can help people then I tell them and suggest who they can speak to next.

Since I'm doing the research anyway, I may as well send it to him. That way I "show, don't tell" why I've arrived at my conclusions, and "show, don't tell" my expertise and the potential boost Google Ads could give to his business.

What's your thoughts and takeaways?

What will you do different going forward?

Contents of the email:

Hi <name>,

I did a quick bit of research. (Details are at the bottom of the email.)

Summary:
  1. There's decent search volume in Ireland and the UK. People also search in the US and other countries. There's lots of other search terms I didn't research. It looks like there's a lot of relevant searches you can get in front of.
  2. Competitor ads are beatable by creating more relevant ads.
  3. Competitor landing pages are impersonal, and don't show what could be hired.

Conclusions:
  1. I think you can create better ads that get clicks (visitors to your website).
  2. I think you can convert visitors into enquiries because your website is better looking than the competition.

Let me know what you think.
Happy to have a phone or Zoom call to discuss!

Andy

<My website URL>

Important Notice: This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, redistribute, disclose or otherwise use the information contained in this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail please telephone or e-mail us immediately. Errors and omissions may occur in the contents of this e-mail arising out of or in connection with data transmission, network malfunction or failure, machine or software error or malfunction, or operator error. We accept no responsibility for any such errors or omissions, and you are advised to confirm the accuracy of the contents of this e-mail before relying on it for any purpose.

RESEARCH:

1) Average monthly search volume for various search terms in Ireland and the UK:

• Note that the search volume various month to month.
  • Also, most of the searches seem to be on mobile.
Mail 1.png

2) There's some search volume in the US:
  • People probably also search "luxury car hire dublin airport", "chauffeur dublin airport", etc.
Mail 2.png

3) Google results for "luxury car hire dublin"
  • The first ad doesn't have "Luxury" to the left of their headline. It's image isn't of a luxury car either.
  • The second ad doesn't mention Dublin.
  • It's possible to create a more relevant ad.
Mail 3.png

4) Google results for "chauffeurs dublin":
  • Only one ad showing at the moment. The ad headline is relevant, but the ad description could be better. It looks like there's non-English components to the ad as well.
  • I think an ad headline of "Dublin Chauffeur Service" could work better than this ad.
Mail 4.png

5) Landing page when clicking the LimoLane ad above:
Mail 5.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Anonymatters

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jan 3, 2020
Nice example of "The Demonstration Strategy" from TGRR Andy.

Showing too much How and What is a balancing act for many I think and errored upon in terms of giving too much away. Whilst the reality is more "If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery; it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." - Michelangelo

The perception if too much "How" is given away is more like "I can do that." - Yozzer Hughes

;-)

I can't remember where I came across the concept but the rule of thumb in such situations is UBI:
  • Useful
  • But
  • Incomplete

- The only UBI worth anything other than slavery. But that's an off-topic discussion...

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.