The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Breaking My Phone Addiction

Anything related to matters of the mind

e_ryan

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 21, 2022
United States
@freek has already given the solution.
  • I saw it
  • I went, "Hmm, that's a good idea. I hate how my phone permeates everywhere, and I have to fight against it. It's a tool, not a master."
  • I researched to find something that could run Spotify & audible with Bluetooth. It also must be a cheap flip phone. It must have Google Maps.
  • I found the Cat S22.
This thing also happens to be indestructible - a true brick phone. I remember friends throwing their phones across the schoolyard years ago to demonstrate.

Continue wallowing in self-pity and doubt. The only salvation is to take action & make a change.

This whole ordeal took me half an hour, not three months. Take action.
View attachment 54079
Done lol, I ordered myself a flip phone and it's what I am using now. You were right, it only takes a little bit to change things.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TempusFugit

Ora et labora. ☩
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Mar 6, 2024
Stop taking your phone into the toilet when you take a dump. If you find yourself doing it automatically, consciously leave the toilet and put your phone down.
Bring a book to the toilet lol

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jul 30, 2022
If getting a flip phone is too much, this helped for me

Iphones have a screentime in the settings where you can set app limits

Now, usually the limit doesn't matter since you can just press "give me 1 hour more"

BUT if you set a passcode on screentime and let your friend choose the passcode.

Then, theres no way for you to use certain apps even if you wanted to since you don't know the passcode.

You can even do it by yourself. I just looked away and dialed a pattern on the phone with my fingers, and I don't know the passcode.

Another hack Alex Hormozi showed is you can go to color filters on your iPhone and set the colors to grayscale.

Thus, your phone loses all color, and its completely unenjoyable to watch anything from.

I have both turned on, and it works pretty good.

Hope this helped

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.