The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Building a Following and Developing Relationships on Twitter

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm not going to use Twitter anymore.

It's not used by my audience anyway. When I let them know I was on Twitter I got like 2 followers. When I let them know yesterday I'm on Instagram I've gained 27 new followers already.

I also find Instagram way more positive and way easier to produce content for without consuming it.

On Twitter there are often dozens of tweets a day from a single person. On Instagram there's much less noise, no politics (or at least no politics in your face like on Twitter), and it's very easy not to pay any attention to it (unlike with Twitter). I create my stuff, post it, respond to any comments and leave it at that.
Dayum. @MTF almost sold me on Instagram...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@MTF ... thought I'd let you know I'm considering getting this:
I like Rachel Miller, I think she's smart.

The only reason I've not insta-bought is I'm trying to stay focused on what's already working for me.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Dayum. @MTF almost sold me on Instagram...

Not sure how this would work for you but I'm finding it more and more valuable for my newsletter. I've taken my account from 10 followers to 62 in just a couple of days.

Most of my posts have been liked, commented, or even shared by the authors I mentioned.

I had one of my posts shared as a story by one of the top ultra-runners in the world to his audience of almost 100k people. This resulted in new followers as well as about 15 visitors on my website and a couple of new subscribers.

I also had one author (ex-Navy SEAL and actor) send me a direct message thanking me for recommending his book.

Most of my posts get at least a few likes and some get even 10-15+ likes which is a lot considering how few followers I have. Organic reach still seems to be doing pretty well on Instagram (many of the likes are from non-followers).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Not sure how this would work for you but I'm finding it more and more valuable for my newsletter. I've taken my account from 10 followers to 62 in just a couple of days.

Most of my posts have been liked, commented, or even shared by the authors I mentioned.

I had one of my posts shared as a story by one of the top ultra-runners in the world to his audience of almost 100k people. This resulted in new followers as well as about 15 visitors on my website and a couple of new subscribers.

I also had one author (ex-Navy SEAL and actor) send me a direct message thanking me for recommending his book.

Most of my posts get at least a few likes and some get even 10-15+ likes which is a lot considering how few followers I have. Organic reach still seems to be doing pretty well on Instagram (many of the likes are from non-followers).
That’s amazing! I suspect having a newsletter with a professional design and good looking website is going to open doors for you.

Authors will 100% want to share great feedback, analysis, and results. What a great way to get in front of other people’s audiences.

Btw… showing results from following their advice is likely what they will share most. Like those pictures of you stretching… if you post that to Instagram and tag the coach/author who helped you then he’s likely to share it.

Steve Martin’s line also springs to mind:

“Be so good they can’t ignore you.”

EDIT: I’d have to think how something like that would work for me. It’s not a top priority, but if I get back to posting on social media platforms I know it’s not just a case of creating a nice post.

EDIT2: So much for staying focused. I went and bought Rachel Millers wee course as something to watch over the weekend.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Henderson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jun 29, 2022
EDIT2: So much for staying focused. I went and bought Rachel Millers wee course as something to watch over the weekend.

Thanks for mentioning this. Did you find the course valuable?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for mentioning this. Did you find the course valuable?
Yes, I thought it was good. It’s nice and short with a few aha moments.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is a spectacular article on how Twitter is taking on YouTube in videos, and it looks like people are starting to notice profound differences in exposure, even though they have 5X smaller audiences.

Source: Marketing Examined (auto aff link)

A great case study...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is a spectacular article on how Twitter is taking on YouTube in videos, and it looks like people are starting to notice profound differences in exposure, even though they have 5X smaller audiences.

Source: Marketing Examined (auto aff link)

A great case study...

Thanks for sharing. I'll add Twitter to my list of platforms to post video too. And not just short videos.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.