The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Changed trajectory to business and entrepreneurship!

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ari_18

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 16, 2023
Hello everyone,

Very happy to be here and to connect with my fellow fastlaners (or fastlaners wannabe!).

I am a Finance/Accounting professional based out of NYC. I am turning 40 next month and have achieved a good point in my career making a six figure salary. I was always content with the 9-5 corporate world as long as I achieved a certain level of salary (which I did), however once I did my mindset started shifting and I no longer wanted to be part of the 9-5 and wanted to create some freedom for myself.
Few years back I started getting involved in real estate investing, after the "financial freedom" and "passive income" dreams. Got involved, learned a lot, joined some paid mentorships etc. After a while I realized that the "passive income" is only a selling point of the industry (in my opinion) to lure people in. The truth is, to become successful and make the real money, there is A LOT of work involved and is nothing but passive; unless you have $10M to invest and sit back.
From there my thought process started shifting towards business and entrepreneurship in general. Definitely DJ DeMarco's book was a pushing factor amongst a flury of other books. It probably has to do with the point in life I am at as well: If I was to read his book 15 years ago, it might not have had a huge impact and I might have brushed if off as a bunch of fluff from a "lucky" rich person. But having read it in the recent past, it has made a huge impact on my thinking, along with other successful entrepreneurs that I follow.

I have learned one thing for sure during my involvement with Real Estate investing: Learning (and more learning) without ACTION is fruitless, absolutely worthless. You must take action, the sooner the better. Learning is not going to get you anywhere, unless implemented and practiced time and time again consistently.
Present Time:
An opportunity came to purchase a Flower Business and I jumped at it and am in the process's of purchasing it. I have my mother-in-law that is a designing expert with 30yrs experience, and my wife currently with alot of time in her hands, so it makes sense right now.
This is not my idea of becoming a multi-millionaire, but this is my idea of taking action and jumping in the world of business. Besides being profitable, this opportunity is going to be a "university" for me and my wife. There are so many things to be learned, and I dont mean in the flower business, I mean in the world of business, period.
I am learning sales, advertising, marketing, implementing systems, finances etc etc.
We intend to grow this business, both locally, but more excited on what we can do with e-commerce.

I am seeing this as the first action of taking the fear away from this new world, the world of entrepreneurship. I intend to learn alot and along the way start learning of other opportunities where we can implement some real FASTLANE ideas.

I am very excited in this new stage of my life and having taken this step. I am excited to enjoy the journey and not only the destination, comes with alot of hard work, but I know I have it in me.

Wish me luck !!

I have two questions for you all:LinkedIn
-Is there direct messaging to members in this forum?
-Has anyone participated on any great business mentorships/masterminds that you got tons of value? Does anyone know of any great ones or how one goes about to finding any great places to learn from people more successful?

Thanks!!
Ari
Instagram
LinkedIn

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...