The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with Friends and Loneliness as a teen, what do I do?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
hello everyone!

I’ve been thinking of a few things lately.

I had dumped my old friend group a few months ago, I’ve been trying to find a new friend group.

I haven’t found anyone who shares similar interests with me, so I have some acquaintances who I just talk with so I’m not lonely.

I’ve been thinking I should just go back to my old friend group, keep trying to find a new one, dump my current acquaintance group and go lonely.

I was also wondering of how a teen can network with others with similar interests, it’s probably been answered but I just wanted to see if anything’s different for a teenager.

I can also start an entrepreneurship club at my school.

Any opinions would be nice (I'm taking them into consideration)

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
hello everyone!

I’ve been thinking of a few things lately.

I had dumped my old friend group a few months ago, I’ve been trying to find a new friend group.

I haven’t found anyone who shares similar interests with me, so I have some acquaintances who I just talk with so I’m not lonely.

I’ve been thinking I should just go back to my old friend group, keep trying to find a new one, dump my current acquaintance group and go lonely.

I was also wondering of how a teen can network with others with similar interests, it’s probably been answered but I just wanted to see if anything’s different for a teenager.

I can also start an entrepreneurship club at my school.

Any opinions would be nice (I'm taking them into consideration)

Thank you!
Dealt with the same stuff in high school. I kept my friend group and also made other friend groups. You can have lots of inner circles, not just one. For now, go back to your old friends if it means curing loneliness and in the mean time begin networking by as you said making that friend group. For me I knew that the time in high school would be finite with my friends there so I didn't bother to share much interests with them about Entrepreneurship, I decided to apply the processes and go on here to discuss. Once you're out of high school, get social. If you're going to college, it seems like that's when everything begins opening up. I'm a freshman in college now and have begun making friends that also want to be fast lane.

In high school you're intermingled with people who are like you and people who have nothing going for them and everything in between (I'm assuming you're still in high school). When you graduate you'll be able to decide where you go and where people that will propel you are. Get the Entrepreneurship club going, join DECA, FBLA, FFA, do Habitat for Humanity or Rotary Club or any other business specific organization. You'll make like minded friends, have some fun, and can even gain experience that'll go on the resume.

The problem isn't you, it's the environment that has been conditioned to slow lane thinking. It's lonely when you're the only one with those views. I went through it. A lot of the other contributors have as well. The path least taken is a lonely and dangerous one, but that's where the hidden treasures are!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Dealt with the same stuff in high school. I kept my friend group and also made other friend groups. You can have lots of inner circles, not just one. For now, go back to your old friends if it means curing loneliness and in the mean time begin networking by as you said making that friend group. For me I knew that the time in high school would be finite with my friends there so I didn't bother to share much interests with them about Entrepreneurship, I decided to apply the processes and go on here to discuss. Once you're out of high school, get social. If you're going to college, it seems like that's when everything begins opening up. I'm a freshman in college now and have begun making friends that also want to be fast lane.

In high school you're intermingled with people who are like you and people who have nothing going for them and everything in between (I'm assuming you're still in high school). When you graduate you'll be able to decide where you go and where people that will propel you are. Get the Entrepreneurship club going, join DECA, FBLA, FFA, do Habitat for Humanity or Rotary Club or any other business specific organization. You'll make like minded friends, have some fun, and can even gain experience that'll go on the resume.

The problem isn't you, it's the environment that has been conditioned to slow lane thinking. It's lonely when you're the only one with those views. I went through it. A lot of the other contributors have as well. The path least taken is a lonely and dangerous one, but that's where the hidden treasures are!
Thank you man!

Im not in highschool, I just started grade 8.

I will start the club, I think I’ll be friends with my old friend group, and just keep this one as acquaintances.

I wont get close to my old friend group like how I was.

How it would work is I would start this new club, hopefully find some people, become close friends with them and do other things (gym, reading, hikes or whatever)

Now my problem is that most likely, those people would be in older grades (9,10,11,12)

I also need help on how to network as a young teen, but thank you for all of the advice!

Rangermac2

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Jun 1, 2020
Tennessee
Thank you man!

Im not in highschool, I just started grade 8.

I will start the club, I think I’ll be friends with my old friend group, and just keep this one as acquaintances.

I wont get close to my old friend group like how I was.

How it would work is I would start this new club, hopefully find some people, become close friends with them and do other things (gym, reading, hikes or whatever)

Now my problem is that most likely, those people would be in older grades (9,10,11,12)

I also need help on how to network as a young teen, but thank you for all of the advice!
Awesome! Sooner the better. I started around that time too or early high school. As you get older more and more people begin developing mindsets orientated to this and the pond begins to widen (adulthood is the ocean).

When it comes to business, it doesn't necessarily matter about age or qualifications. I've worked with people 40 years older than me with masters degrees and 30+ years experience and they'd still listen to me for input. It's all about what you can provide to the team. So don't be worried about being young and starting this, it shows leadership and passion, something many people do not possess. Some other good networking techniques is to just try and meet 3-4 people a day in the halls that you regularly see, it can be intimidating at first but you'll meet lots of people you otherwise wouldn't.
(Additional Age information: Schools divide groups of people by age so then there is a seamless transfer of education requirements and conditioning for the natural transfer of power from the old to the young)

As a young teen you could start with establishing that club, joining clubs, or playing sports. This is a transitional time for you and it will be up into after graduating high school, and if you do it right, every year is a transitional period of positive growth. Go out and have fun as you said and establish your relationships. Once I get my mastermind group together I want to do fun things whether it be dinner, or hiking or anything to build friendship and a team.

You got options! Make it enjoyable and keep your goals in alignment, you're already ahead starting now compared to your classmates, so keep it good and consistent effort, little by little!

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Lift weights, maximize your social skills, make it your goal to be the coolest and most carefree stud that dates the 3 hottest cheerleaders, practice your charisma, be cunning enough to produce a solid income in your free time so you have more money than every other broke nerd at your school, train a combat sport such as mma, boxing, jiujitsu, wrestling, get your style on point, and be known as the dude who can kick anyone’s a$$. Use that money you made to buy the coolest car you can get. Host parties and remember that you won’t REALLY be accountable for causing any trouble. Adults will try to make you think it’s a big deal, but you can get away with so much.

Use your free time to make money. Sell shit, make big bucks. Don’t be content making like $50 a day or something, more like $500+

“That sounds so shallow”

You are in the formative years of what will become your self identity. The games you play right now are social. If you lose these games you will subconsciously or even consciously see yourself as a loser because you’ll have so many losses racked up against you in your brain.

Someone who wins these social games will feel untouchable, and their identity will be that of a winner. You need to rack up the wins, so that when you walk out into the real world, you see yourself INTERNALLY as a fit, social, charismatic, attractive, cool, intelligent, savvy, and badass person. Literally as if it is in your DNA. To the point where you believe if someone dug up your bones they could run tests and come back and say “yeah, that guy was the man, we looked at his DNA”.

This will be inside of your subconscious mind and your life and choices will be a reflection of this self identity. A loser loses because in his heart, he identifies as one, and so his vision and his actions align with that of someone with a loser self identity.

A winner FEELS as if he deserves to win. All of his actions are aligned towards winning. Losing actions would feel unnatural to him, and so would being a loser. He would realign himself and course correct himself back into the winners path, and he would feel it is natural.

Where this idea is from: in the book, psycho-cybernetics, a plastic surgeon noticed that people would receive major surgery that made them much more attractive, but some people would still see themselves as ugly, whereas others wouldn’t experience that effect. The book is about how peoples identity is actually a major part of their life, actions, and even how they perceive objective reality and twist it in their minds. The major focus is on how to rewire your brain to fix these subconscious problems, and fix your identity to allow yourself to identify as a winner who succeeds.

In school I was a moron. I had one girlfriend I thought I was going to marry (stupid). I was on the baseball team so that was good. But I didn’t not play these social games and for a long time I had a sub optimal self image, even if I felt that I saw myself as much more. It was subconscious. I listened to the rules and didn’t do anything crazy. I was friends with losers and was not the best version of myself. This feeling stuck with me for a long time until I worked so hard and did so much that I obliterated my old identity and became a new person. It’s much better to do this now instead of having to do it after high school.

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
634%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
How to improve socially:

You must be like a sponge and absorb the mannerisms and affectations of high status people.

High status behaviors:

Lack of emotion
Not needing approval
Relaxed body language
Etc. the list goes on and on

Adopt speech patterns and styles of people who are cool.

Think of a college football star at LSU. Think of the leader of a frat. Watch them. Watch movies.

Then you need an activity or a hook that you can use to bring people into your life or build something around. A club is kinda lame (usually. Being on a sports team is an automatic one. Parties are a great catch all. But it needs to be something that you can use to hyper optimize how you’ll build your social circle.

Do not do lame things. Go raise some hell with the boys. Invite some girls to go to the lake and play volleyball. Date a few of them.

It’s not about being “yourself”. There is no “yourself”. Anything you think is “you” is just an idea from a few years ago. You can be anything, so just be a winner.

You need to have a fun and exciting life that others want to be a part of.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Lift weights, maximize your social skills, make it your goal to be the coolest and most carefree stud that dates the 3 hottest cheerleaders, practice your charisma, be cunning enough to produce a solid income in your free time so you have more money than every other broke nerd at your school, train a combat sport such as mma, boxing, jiujitsu, wrestling, get your style on point, and be known as the dude who can kick anyone’s a$$. Use that money you made to buy the coolest car you can get. Host parties and remember that you won’t REALLY be accountable for causing any trouble. Adults will try to make you think it’s a big deal, but you can get away with so much.

Use your free time to make money. Sell shit, make big bucks. Don’t be content making like $50 a day or something, more like $500+

“That sounds so shallow”

You are in the formative years of what will become your self identity. The games you play right now are social. If you lose these games you will subconsciously or even consciously see yourself as a loser because you’ll have so many losses racked up against you in your brain.

Someone who wins these social games will feel untouchable, and their identity will be that of a winner. You need to rack up the wins, so that when you walk out into the real world, you see yourself INTERNALLY as a fit, social, charismatic, attractive, cool, intelligent, savvy, and badass person. Literally as if it is in your DNA. To the point where you believe if someone dug up your bones they could run tests and come back and say “yeah, that guy was the man, we looked at his DNA”.

This will be inside of your subconscious mind and your life and choices will be a reflection of this self identity. A loser loses because in his heart, he identifies as one, and so his vision and his actions align with that of someone with a loser self identity.

A winner FEELS as if he deserves to win. All of his actions are aligned towards winning. Losing actions would feel unnatural to him, and so would being a loser. He would realign himself and course correct himself back into the winners path, and he would feel it is natural.

Where this idea is from: in the book, psycho-cybernetics, a plastic surgeon noticed that people would receive major surgery that made them much more attractive, but some people would still see themselves as ugly, whereas others wouldn’t experience that effect. The book is about how peoples identity is actually a major part of their life, actions, and even how they perceive objective reality and twist it in their minds. The major focus is on how to rewire your brain to fix these subconscious problems, and fix your identity to allow yourself to identify as a winner who succeeds.

In school I was a moron. I had one girlfriend I thought I was going to marry (stupid). I was on the baseball team so that was good. But I didn’t not play these social games and for a long time I had a sub optimal self image, even if I felt that I saw myself as much more. It was subconscious. I listened to the rules and didn’t do anything crazy. I was friends with losers and was not the best version of myself. This feeling stuck with me for a long time until I worked so hard and did so much that I obliterated my old identity and became a new person. It’s much better to do this now instead of having to do it after high school.
How to improve socially:

You must be like a sponge and absorb the mannerisms and affectations of high status people.

High status behaviors:

Lack of emotion
Not needing approval
Relaxed body language
Etc. the list goes on and on

Adopt speech patterns and styles of people who are cool.

Think of a college football star at LSU. Think of the leader of a frat. Watch them. Watch movies.

Then you need an activity or a hook that you can use to bring people into your life or build something around. A club is kinda lame (usually. Being on a sports team is an automatic one. Parties are a great catch all. But it needs to be something that you can use to hyper optimize how you’ll build your social circle.

Do not do lame things. Go raise some hell with the boys. Invite some girls to go to the lake and play volleyball. Date a few of them.

It’s not about being “yourself”. There is no “yourself”. Anything you think is “you” is just an idea from a few years ago. You can be anything, so just be a winner.

You need to have a fun and exciting life that others want to be a part of.
thank you for the long replies!

My school doesn’t have a football team, but I love it.

I somehow ended up with the older famous boys who also play football.

I might do a petition to bring back the football team, I’ve been socializing with people around the school.

I might still go through with the club.

Thank you @Rangermac2 and @Johnny boy for your long replies, I will definitely use it and I am no longer stuck with a question, Thank you!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Bro you're 13 don't stress about any of this
Do activities and hobbies you enjoy, go to parties, hang out with people and continue learning as you are.

Be careful of falling into the trap of completely isolating yourself from everyone around you, there's immense value in having a wide group of friends who have different beliefs/mindset from you. You need people in your life whether you like it or not.

If you really want to get ahead, I'd argue that you should focus on fitness by becoming great at a sport....otherwise, become a great musician/artist/dancer/writer....become great at a skill you enjoy. It'll serve you in the future when you start a business.

marble

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Apr 11, 2023
Bro you're 13 don't stress about any of this
Completely agree with the above. Your brain isn't even halfway to being fully developed.

I think the best advice for you right now is to just live life as a normal person your age. Join a friend group, be apart of it. Have a group around you. Do not stress about people having the same mindset as you or whatever, at that age, just about no one is even thinking about making money, let alone the Fastlane. I'm curious what brought you here at such a young age.

In your free time, on the sidelines, visit this forum often. Learn about entrepreneurship. Ignore and deflect anything and everything that points to the script, and make sure you grow your brain based on the premise of the Fastlane. Watch out for problems you can solve. Watch other people's journeys, the failures they had, and what caused them.

Essentially, watch and learn. I think most importantly, for normal people, keep your mouth shut about entrepreneurship. You will soon learn to tell who is just another scripted slave in the making, and who is ready for something more. Real recognizes real. Once you find those people, congratulations, you have a network.

Until then, this forum is your Fastlane network. The more you want to help yourself, the more people here will want to help you. Again, don't skip socializing with non-entrepreneur folk. They are your loyal customers, and potentially your hardworking employees. Just because you aren't doing a business deal with them, doesn't mean your business can't deal with them.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
May 18, 2023
Thank you marble! That’s actually really good advice!

I have began hanging out with my “acquaintances” more and we just keep on laughing.

Its also good to get my social skills on point as I’m getting a later start (I can’t tell if I’m just introverted, as I prefer my own time by myself because social interactions drain me)

But I can still expand my skill set, but its just more demanding.

I’ve been having fun hanging out with others.

Im supposed to hang out with my other friend group in a few days, but I take the time when they start talking about scripted stuff to think about UNSCRIPTED things.

Once again thank you everyone for your advice, I will apply all of it.

I might put a catorgory in my progress thread for interacting with a few people every week..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.