The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing $75,000 USD Per WEEK (Service Business)

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Those margins suck. You haven't factored in time which is the most expensive commodity.

To you they suck but that is because you live in the Shopify scene mentality of products that might sell well for awhile and then quickly crash and burn requiring you to always be trying to replace what you had before with hit or miss success.

I'm in a business that hasn't changed since the 90s, which will gross 7-8m next year at 30-35% margins for the next 10-20 years, without any type of product changes on my part.

I only need a 3% net margin to keep pace with your 500k @ 40%.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@458 what is your onboarding process for new sales reps?
how do you log their training? do they have a daily responsibility list? who assigns their daily tasks?
what guides them in their work? operations manual? electronic, web based, or paper copy?
how often do they meet w/ sales manager? how often do they meet for training?
do you do role play / hot seat?

what is your erp? salesforce do more than your sales / crm?

what is your business model? profit per what?

(I owe you a nice lunch for the help!)

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
@458 what is your onboarding process for new sales reps?
how do you log their training? do they have a daily responsibility list? who assigns their daily tasks?
what guides them in their work? operations manual? electronic, web based, or paper copy?
how often do they meet w/ sales manager? how often do they meet for training?
do you do role play / hot seat?

what is your erp? salesforce do more than your sales / crm?

what is your business model? profit per what?

(I owe you a nice lunch for the help!)

1. I have a long checklist for selection of resumes and then screening plus questions to ask in the interview. I only hire through Indeed, I have tried everything else and none have worked out consistently.The biggest mistake you can make is hiring closer's that have questionable backgrounds, no car, drug habits, etc etc. They have to be clean, they need to have a car, they need to have zero criminal background, they need to have closing experience..

2. Training is through a PDF manual that took me a year to put together. Takes someone from A to Z in 2-3 hours. Within the first 8 hours we can tell if they have it or not(ability to close deals), most don't and are fired there first day. It took me years to learn this but in the end this isn't for most people and most people don't have what it takes. I used to hire people that should have been fired there first day but i would hope and pray they would eventually pick it up, none ever did and i wasted a bunch of money.

3. No one manages anyone for the most part, everyone is self sufficient. I am very lucky and blessed to have the group I have.

4. I used to do training with everyone daily but lately we have been just doing stuff on Fridays.

5. Yes we doing role play all the time but mostly we just go into scenarios and work on those scenarios together until they are fully understood and they can grasp the correct way to approach it.

6. Can you clarify or give a specific question about Salesforce?

7. Lemonade stand, 6 cents a lemon..

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Jesus, this is like the BnP where Zen got on vid chat and said "ask me questions" and the very first (and only) one was .... "well who the f*ck are you?"

Don't assume or expect credibility based on what you write here. This forum has seen more than it's fair share of bullshitters, especially well written ones. (no implications here)

Same with the sarcastic replies.... I totally get it, i reply like that all the time. But it is typically to people I have met or people that know it's harmless. Being a dick just because your making money and don't care about people contradicts the point of this thread.

I have no idea who you are either (not that it matters) but I'd have a hard time figuring out "what to ask" given there is incredibly limited detail on what you are doing.

"I make money, AMA" is not a very good start point.... lol

Thanks to @ZCP for throwing you some bones....

Real Deal Denver

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jan 13, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Jesus, this is like the BnP where Zen got on vid chat and said "ask me questions" and the very first (and only) one was .... "well who the f*ck are you?"

Don't assume or expect credibility based on what you write here. This forum has seen more than it's fair share of bullshitters, especially well written ones. (no implications here)

Same with the sarcastic replies.... I totally get it, i reply like that all the time. But it is typically to people I have met or people that know it's harmless. Being a dick just because your making money and don't care about people contradicts the point of this thread.

I have no idea who you are either (not that it matters) but I'd have a hard time figuring out "what to ask" given there is incredibly limited detail on what you are doing.

If you got out once in a while and maybe took in a movie every now and then, you'd know why he has to have a secret identity. He's Batman!

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011

AGAIN!

ASK THE 50 PEOPLE I HAVE DONE SKYPE CALLS WITH..

I don't talk like this to people on my calls, the people tapping my balls won't get on calls with me, they never ever PM me. They just want to look tough in public because they actually care what everyone thinks of them on here. I am here for no other purpose than to give back to the few people like myself who would have really appreciated a call from someone much more experienced and much higher up when i was in a position of just starting out and trying to find my own way being a new entrepreneur. There is an EXTREME lack of quality mentoring in this space because almost everyone is actually full of shit , doesn't actually do $75k a week and doesn't actually want to give back.

I couldn't care less if anyone here likes me or not, i don't plan on meeting anyone here or ever disclosing who I am. I do the calls because i enjoy giving back and actually helping people that want help. I don't care about the people who just wanna try and call me out because of whoever else in the past has been full of it on here trying to take money out of members pockets.

Last edited:

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
If you got out once in a while and maybe took in a movie every now and then, you'd know why he has to have a secret identity. He's Batman!

I am just the type that wants fortune and not fame. The limelight is not something i have any desire to obtain here or in the real world. I derive my pleasure and satisfaction from the game and the grind, not the attention or trinkets.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@458 just infrastructure questions on salesforce / computer system / erp system......
we are looking to take on a bunch of staff and grow ..... so picking fellow business owner brains on what erp they use, how they track metrics, what serves up the work to the staff and guides them through how to do it and when to have it done by .......

at the moment, we are shifting to ......... Daily responsibility list (what you do in what order each day, non specific) ..... this gets you to the erp system that serves up your tasks (work orders) w/ schedules and estimated times ..... and a guide w/ links / training / templates / etc. to help you do your task ... follow that up w/ value chain emphasis / training and solid procedures

we add 1 hour full company meetups to solve big problems (chet holmes) and 1 hour dept meetings to solve specific issues / work on big items

seems like the order to go in to get from 10 to 100 staff....... just looking for ideas / brainstorm / input on other ways of doing things........ (anyone in the thread not just to jack w/ @458 please feel free to input!)

how do you get assignments to staff, track their progress, and provide the guide / resources they need to deliver value to the end client? online / in house server / what is your erp system?

banjoa

Present
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
May 7, 2017
Nigeria
What sales training have you used or recommend?

Would love to know this too.

I’m realizing now how important sales is to entrepreneurial success.

Yes, we all know it’s very important but still I think it’s criminally underrated still.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@LightHouse thanks.

doesn't matter if @458 is doing $75k/wk or not ..... if he can help my business do $75k/wk, i would be a fool to not ask as many questions as possible. and i appreciate his willingness to help!

flip this thread positive people!! and let's start getting ideas out there that all of us can try. maybe we can help @458 get to $200k/wk.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
@458 just infrastructure questions on salesforce / computer system / erp system......
we are looking to take on a bunch of staff and grow ..... so picking fellow business owner brains on what erp they use, how they track metrics, what serves up the work to the staff and guides them through how to do it and when to have it done by .......

at the moment, we are shifting to ......... Daily responsibility list (what you do in what order each day, non specific) ..... this gets you to the erp system that serves up your tasks (work orders) w/ schedules and estimated times ..... and a guide w/ links / training / templates / etc. to help you do your task ... follow that up w/ value chain emphasis / training and solid procedures

we add 1 hour full company meetups to solve big problems (chet holmes) and 1 hour dept meetings to solve specific issues / work on big items

seems like the order to go in to get from 10 to 100 staff....... just looking for ideas / brainstorm / input on other ways of doing things........ (anyone in the thread not just to jack w/ @458 please feel free to input!)

how do you get assignments to staff, track their progress, and provide the guide / resources they need to deliver value to the end client? online / in house server / what is your erp system?

On the sales side we use a customized version of Zoho CRM & Zoho Desk. On the customer service side/fulfillment we use a customized version of Salesforce. Both have been highly customized to our business model with countless automatons.

I guess it really depends on your budget though and needs. Salesforce is much more expensive but has endless customization's for automation. Zoho is cheaper and simpler. That is the main reason we are split because one is for the most part better for sales and the other better for customer service. It is also wise to keep your sales guys and your admins completely separated.

There is no off the shelf stuff that will be perfect for your needs, its about learning what your needs are and then spending the time to build in those customization's and automation's that will allow you to be more competitive and more profitable than your competition.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Would love to know this too.

I’m realizing now how important sales is to entrepreneurial success.

Yes, we all know it’s very important but still I think it’s criminally underrated still.

Already answered, just scroll through the whole thread to find my answer.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
@LightHouse thanks.

doesn't matter if @458 is doing $75k/wk or not ..... if he can help my business do $75k/wk, i would be a fool to not ask as many questions as possible. and i appreciate his willingness to help!

flip this thread positive people!! and let's start getting ideas out there that all of us can try. maybe we can help @458 get to $200k/wk.

Appreciate the kind words. I sent MJ a screenshot earlier, well see what he thinks..

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@458 what do you use for books/billing/ap/ar?
what things have you automated / created workflows for in your software packages?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
@458 what do you use for books/billing/ap/ar?
what things have you automated / created workflows for in your software packages?

1. All of that is through QBO, including payroll.
2. Tasks, tasks triggering other tasks, internal and external emails, reminders, escalations when things sit too long, etc etc. It is endless what you can do, its just about first figuring out what you need/have done manually and slowing converting it over. You will most likely need to hire people as labor and then when you figure out the best things they are doing you slowing move them over to automations. Doesnt have to be this way but it has worked out well for us.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
@458 It sounds like your primary responsibility in the company is managing sales and the sale team, right? And other people are managing the product/service development & delivery...? (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

If so, how much impact does their ability to deliver a high quality product/service have on your sales?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
@458 It sounds like your primary responsibility in the company is managing sales and the sale team, right? And other people are managing the product/service development & delivery...? (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

If so, how much impact does their ability to deliver a high quality product/service have on your sales?

That is correct. Over the long term, a lot. The internet keeps us on our toes and constantly improving because reputation is a huge factor with bringing in new business. It requires a ton of trust up front in order to get them in the door. If we didn't deliver on our promises with our old customers, everyone would know and it would be very hard to continue to scale higher because new people would be less willing to come on board.

We run a very six sigma type structure, constant refinement and improvement. Pinpoints come from feedback from everyone inside and outside the organization. This has allowed us to get to the point where we truly are a well oiled machine.

Don't be mistaken, I can retire right now and never come in the office ever again. I work 12-14 hours a day because i love it..

powderhound100

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Apr 20, 2014
That is correct. Over the long term, a lot. The internet keeps us on our toes and constantly improving because reputation is a huge factor with bringing in new business. It requires a ton of trust up front in order to get them in the door. If we didn't deliver on our promises with our old customers, everyone would know and it would be very hard to continue to scale higher because new people would be less willing to come on board.

We run a very six sigma type structure, constant refinement and improvement. Pinpoints come from feedback from everyone inside and outside the organization. This has allowed us to get to the point where we truly are a well oiled machine.

Don't be mistaken, I can retire right now and never come in the office ever again. I work 12-14 hours a day because i love it..

What do you love about it?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
We run a very six sigma type structure, constant refinement and improvement. Pinpoints come from feedback from everyone inside and outside the organization. This has allowed us to get to the point where we truly are a well oiled machine......
Is your feedback loop formalized and regularly scheduled? What are the main points? What is a typical schedule?
How much lean are you using? 5s's? One piece flow? Visual controls?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
What do you love about it?

A lot but i guess above all else I enjoy building something that is complex and complicated with a lot of moving part, i get bored easily.. I also very much enjoy providing employment to top talent and watching them grow into a role they truly love and enjoy while making more money than they thought they would ever make..

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Is your feedback loop formalized and regularly scheduled? What are the main points? What is a typical schedule?
How much lean are you using? 5s's? One piece flow? Visual controls?

It is definitely not a formalized system of refinement, it is more an attitude and culture of striving for excellence in all things. For example, we use all the best hardware, software, training, and hire the best people with the highest pay.

What this does is create an environment where more and more refinement is possible and encouraged because everyone already understands what type of organization we are, one that is constantly looking for ways to improve and ideas on how to carry that out. When there are problems they are brought forward, examined and quickly resolved. The next question from there is, does something need to change and if so what?

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Great salespeople are diamonds (very rare and very valuable), you should treat them accordingly.

You obviously treat your employees well, but I'm sure some still quit for various reasons. Do you give them the hard sell when they hand in their notice? Or do you just let them go?

I've always heard never to hard sell an employee that wants out, but I know finding great salespeople is difficult.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
A lot but i guess above all else I enjoy building something that is complex and complicated with a lot of moving part, i get bored easily.. I also very much enjoy providing employment to top talent and watching them grow into a role they truly love and enjoy while making more money than they thought they would ever make..
Absolutely 100% why I do this.......... and being consultants, we get to do it for other companies too!
Change people's lives every day.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
You obviously treat your employees well, but I'm sure some still quit for various reasons. Do you give them the hard sell when they hand in their notice? Or do you just let them go?

I've always heard never to hard sell an employee that wants out, but I know finding great salespeople is difficult.

98% of my turnover has been us firing you, only a very very very small amount have quit. Usually they will just milk the money and wait to be fired.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Absolutely 100% why I do this.......... and being consultants, we get to do it for other companies too!
Change people's lives every day.

After the money is right, its all about fulfillment and satisfaction.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
FYI: I was sent a screenshot of a merchant account without any rebuff. While I'm well aware that screenshots can be faked/doctored, I have no reason to believe it was.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
AGAIN!

I don't talk like this to people on my calls, the people tapping my balls won't get on calls with me, they never ever PM me. They just want to look tough in public because they actually care what everyone thinks of them on here. I am here for no other purpose than to give back to the few people like myself who would have really appreciated a call from someone much more experienced and much higher up when i was in a position of just starting out and trying to find my own way being a new entrepreneur. There is an EXTREME lack of quality mentoring in this space because almost everyone is actually full of sh*t , doesn't actually do $75k a week and doesn't actually want to give back.

I couldn't care less if anyone here likes me or not, i don't plan on meeting anyone here or ever disclosing who I am. I do the calls because i enjoy giving back and actually helping people that want help. I don't care about the people who just wanna try and call me out because of whoever else in the past has been full of it on here trying to take money out of members pockets.

I don't need to ask anyone anything. I'm actually not sure why you are hyper defensive on the entire point I made either.

Maybe I didn't explain it well. The point was, you are going to get people "tapping your balls" because of those various reasons. People are always going to be skeptical without proof, and they should be. So with that being said, there is no point rebutting all those people that you are "trying to help and give back".

and secondly, without any sort of context it's hard for anyone to gauge what to ask, let alone know if the advice is tied to a similar circumstance as them. I never said i do or don't believe you, and neither you or I care on that point either.

If you want to provide help back to people, maybe stop slighting when they ask certain questions you don't want to entertain. I get it, those questions are annoying, but they do have their place here. (minus the direct, "what do you sell".... "send me your website" questions, we all know that's a dick thing to ask anyone that hasn't already put it out there)

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I don't need to ask anyone anything. I'm actually not sure why you are hyper defensive on the entire point I made either.

Maybe I didn't explain it well. The point was, you are going to get people "tapping your balls" because of those various reasons. People are always going to be skeptical without proof, and they should be. So with that being said, there is no point rebutting all those people that you are "trying to help and give back".

and secondly, without any sort of context it's hard for anyone to gauge what to ask, let alone know if the advice is tied to a similar circumstance as them. I never said i do or don't believe you, and neither you or I care on that point either.

If you want to provide help back to people, maybe stop slighting when they ask certain questions you don't want to entertain. I get it, those questions are annoying, but they do have their place here. (minus the direct, "what do you sell".... "send me your website" questions, we all know that's a dick thing to ask anyone that hasn't already put it out there)

Yeah, sorry, my response wasn't directed at you. I should have been more clear, it was just meant for what you were pointing out. Thanks for clarifying your point though.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
AGAIN!

I don't talk like this to people on my calls, the people tapping my balls won't get on calls with me, they never ever PM me. They just want to look tough in public because they actually care what everyone thinks of them on here. I am here for no other purpose than to give back to the few people like myself who would have really appreciated a call from someone much more experienced and much higher up when i was in a position of just starting out and trying to find my own way being a new entrepreneur. There is an EXTREME lack of quality mentoring in this space because almost everyone is actually full of sh*t , doesn't actually do $75k a week and doesn't actually want to give back.

Here's my view... been lurking in this thread and just reading... I haven't replied or asked anything because I run ecommerce businesses and I don't know what I would ask.

The problem is I don't know who the 50 people you've done calls with are. What Chris is saying is that we don't really know what you do. From what I've gathered you are selling something that costs $3500 through direct sales via phone calls and that something has to do with real estate.

Yea, I understand that what you are selling doesn't really matter. But I don't know if I should ask you about employee management, email marketing, sales, etc... It's kind of tough, but @ZCP is doing a good job at it. But also, not many people on here are looking to grow a sales team so they won't have very specific questions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.