The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Everything feels competitive and impossible?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Mountaintea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 24, 2022
Hi guys!

Short intro
So back in 2016 (I'm 24 now btw), when e-commerce and dropshipping was exploding on YouTube, I decided to go with it at that time and made some really good dropshipping sites, earned a ton of profit and sold the sites again. All in all a total success. Afterwards I started my own IG marketing agency and today I run my own smaller Content Agency focused on SEO primarily.

My last 2 years
For the last 2 years or so, I've been stuck in a position of very low income, trying to figure out what to really do with my life.
Like, I am not taking the necessary steps and everything feels super competitive and impossible in my mind, when thinking about certain models and problems to solve...? I didn't use to feel this way, I used to feel that all I did was possible and completely believed in myself and my abilities. But after being kind of passive in the entrepreneurial space, I feel like I am so behind everyone else, even though in fact, I know I am not...
Do you guys have any ideas how to deal with this?

My interest
I am super interested in mental health and have a lot of experience and knowledge, in the field of this and personal development in general, but I am super unsure on how to make money off it, without being able to call myself a psychologist/therapist/coach. I'm afraid of not coming off as trustworthy. I would really love to make a business out of this, because I feel this is a field where people are severely struggling, but "Who am I" to give any advice, that's how I feel about it.. How would you attack this issue?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Albeeert

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 14, 2022
If i was you i just open, a youtube channel as a side hustle from your actual businnes were you talk of mental health meditation, ( i reccomend you to study the yt algorithm first), if the channel starts helping peaple for free and you build a community i recommend you to create a site were you can seel courses or 1 to 1 coaching.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
My interest
I am super interested in mental health and have a lot of experience and knowledge, in the field of this and personal development in general, but I am super unsure on how to make money off it, without being able to call myself a psychologist/therapist/coach. I'm afraid of not coming off as trustworthy. I would really love to make a business out of this, because I feel this is a field where people are severely struggling, but "Who am I" to give any advice, that's how I feel about it.. How would you attack this issue?

So don't give advice. Build a mental health app and sell it to Enterprise businesses.

NjM2MTQ.gif

Mountaintea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 24, 2022
If i was you i just open, a youtube channel as a side hustle from your actual businnes were you talk of mental health meditation, ( i reccomend you to study the yt algorithm first), if the channel starts helping peaple for free and you build a community i recommend you to create a site were you can seel courses or 1 to 1 coaching.
Yeah, good idea - Actually had one once, got like 50 subs :D but I confused myself about video topics.
To keep coming up with new topic ideas, without talking a lot about the same solution, is super difficult imo.

What are your thoughts on Tik Tok for this?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Yeah, good idea - Actually had one once, got like 50 subs :D but I confused myself about video topics.
To keep coming up with new topic ideas, without talking a lot about the same solution, is super difficult imo.

Use tiktok... let the market mind aka the comment section tell you what to cover next.... this will also cause more engagement as people see you respond to comments - they'll want to ask you a question in hopes that you'll answer their questions too. You get me?

Once you get to 1000 subs on tiktok, once per week, you can go live and let people come on the stream and ask you questions live.

The real question is how will you scale it up - I mean you could create a video course covering niche topics / questions in depth that have been asked by the community (just make sure those topics are ones that haven't already been answered a gazillion times online and try to have a unique way of delivering the content i.e show your personality).

Last edited:

empiricalwriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 19, 2019
Nigeria

About running out of content ideas, I think your best bet should be getting ideas from Quora.

How do you go about it?

Simply type mental health into Quora search. See the questions people are asking around mental health, copy them into a Google doc file and create videos that will answer those questions. Simple.

You can use answerthepublic too, or any forum where people discuss mental health.

You can pick two questions every week, create two videos around them, and you'd never run out of content ideas that way.

I hope that helps.

I wish you great success in your endeavors.

Cheers.

Practic

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Nov 29, 2022
Hi guys!

Short intro
So back in 2016 (I'm 24 now btw), when e-commerce and dropshipping was exploding on YouTube, I decided to go with it at that time and made some really good dropshipping sites, earned a ton of profit and sold the sites again. All in all a total success. Afterwards I started my own IG marketing agency and today I run my own smaller Content Agency focused on SEO primarily.

My last 2 years
For the last 2 years or so, I've been stuck in a position of very low income, trying to figure out what to really do with my life.
Like, I am not taking the necessary steps and everything feels super competitive and impossible in my mind, when thinking about certain models and problems to solve...? I didn't use to feel this way, I used to feel that all I did was possible and completely believed in myself and my abilities. But after being kind of passive in the entrepreneurial space, I feel like I am so behind everyone else, even though in fact, I know I am not...

My interest
If you have some clients you can start some sort of referral or revenue sharing program to attract new clients and make them loyal. It does not cost you money and does not require a lot of time to invest (like making youtube videos, etc.)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
About running out of content ideas, I think your best bet should be getting ideas from Quora.

How do you go about it?

Simply type mental health into Quora search. See the questions people are asking around mental health, copy them into a Google doc file and create videos that will answer those questions. Simple.

You can use answerthepublic too, or any forum where people discuss mental health.

You can pick two questions every week, create two videos around them, and you'd never run out of content ideas that way.

I hope that helps.

Cheers.
You mentioning Quora reminds me of this:

Mountaintea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 24, 2022
You mentioning Quora reminds me of this:
Amazing, thanks Andy!

Mountaintea

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Oct 24, 2022

How do you go about it?

I hope that helps.

Cheers.
Yeah I've been thinking about doing the same, also doing research on topics on Quora.
I think what's been hindering me, is that it kind of seems inauthentic to answer something I don't really care about answering. But I guess my approach is too soft, if I want to make money, I just gotta pump out what the market wants of course. I remember back when I was doing e-com, some of the ugliest clothing on my webshop, was what I sold most of, because that's what the market wanted.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hi guys!

Short intro

My last 2 years

My interest
You can do some research.

Size of the mental health market. Service and products offered. Entry Barrier, like do you need to have some form of certification. Is it a regulated field in your country.

Pain points that existing customers have with the current providers and anything you feel you can improve on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.