The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
I'm gonna start this thread to keep me accountable. I noticed that businesses (especially smaller ones) are looking to implement AI into their business in some form due to the recent AI craze so I'm going to start an AI Automation Agency to appeal to this need and provide value.

Week 1 Goals
  • Sign AT LEAST 1 Client
  • Setup some Facebook or Google Ads
  • learn more about sales
Gonna be cold calling a bunch of local small businesses around my area

The most valuable thing for me from this right now is sales experience. Excited to see how this plays out

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CONAN

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Nov 1, 2019
I'm gonna start this thread to keep me accountable. I noticed that businesses (especially smaller ones) are looking to implement AI into their business in some form due to the recent AI craze so I'm going to start an AI Automation Agency to appeal to this need and provide value.

Week 1 Goals
  • Sign AT LEAST 1 Client
  • learn more about sales

The most valuable thing for me from this right now is sales experience. Excited to see how this plays out
Do you have an idea on what kinds of pains business have and do a generic solution for group of them or are you planning on implementing customized solutions for specific needs of each business you talk to?

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Week 1 Goals
  • Sign AT LEAST 1 Client
  • learn more about sales

Signing a client week one is ambitious to say the least. You have my respect if you can get there right away.

Do you have a well formulated offer and a specific avatar?
E.g. I help hair stylists save 10 hours a week by automating booking, follow-ups and inventory management.

Also don't fall into the ai hype. It's great to make an agency but think of the problem before you think of the solution.
Using ai in the title will probably not help you get customers. It will however box you into one type of solution that may or may not be the best option.

An automation agency or time saving agency is fine enough.
Making 100k a month is a better flex than saying "I own a ai agency"

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
Do you have an idea on what kinds of pains business have and do a generic solution for group of them or are you planning on implementing customized solutions for specific needs of each business you talk to?
Customized Solutions based on the businesses needs

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
Signing a client week one is ambitious to say the least. You have my respect if you can get there right away.
I know, that's why I'm going to do it.
Do you have a well formulated offer and a specific avatar?
E.g. I help hair stylists save 10 hours a week by automating booking, follow-ups and inventory management.
That's what I'm going to figure out today and tomorrow, gonna spend these days researching and figuring out which businesses would best benefit

"Also don't fall into the ai hype. It's great to make an agency but think of the problem before you think of the solution.
Using ai in the title will probably not help you get customers. It will however box you into one type of solution that may or may not be the best option."

Yes of course, its a problem we are trying to solve afterall

(sorry I got tired of trying to make quotes into the message haha)

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
Progress Update for Day 2/3

Day 2 -
I didn't do much due to it being Eid but I did due a few cold calls here and there that day

Day 3 -
I'm still cold calling a bunch of local businesses, still a lot of no's but that's part of the process anyway so I'll just keep grinding, getting the experience and tweaking my sales script ever so slightly to see differences in results

I've noticed that my social anxiety is really effecting my ability to stay confident in a cold call and that is something I really need to improve on

I'm in this for the long run and I'm determined to get a client signed by a week

Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Progress Update for Day 2/3

Day 2 -
I didn't do much due to it being Eid but I did due a few cold calls here and there that day

Day 3 -
I'm still cold calling a bunch of local businesses, still a lot of no's but that's part of the process anyway so I'll just keep grinding, getting the experience and tweaking my sales script ever so slightly to see differences in results

I'm in this for the long run and I'm determined to get a client signed by a week
Mate, you can't change a sales script after a few calls.

You need at least 250 calls with one script to draw meaningful conclusions. What if the script you used for 5 calls had a 20% conversion rate ? You would have never known because you had too little volume to negate luck

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
Mate, you can't change a sales script after a few calls.

You need at least 250 calls with one script to draw meaningful conclusions. What if the script you used for 5 calls had a 20% conversion rate ? You would have never known because you had too little volume to negate luck
Yea good point, whoopsie

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Few notes for cold calls-
-Try to find relatively small businesses that are doing good for themselves but probably don't have gatekeepers.
-You can try go gatekeeper bust ("Is John in? thanks." terse, act like an important business person, make the secretary doubt their judgement and think you're an important business person that NEEDS to speak with their boss.) but if you're inexperienced it may fail, if it does fail, make a note to hunt down the owner's info and move on
- some say the ratio for nos/maybe/yes's is 90/9/1 for 100 cold calls, in my own experience with web design it's varied from 95/4/1 to 70/25/5 and one day I made 50 cold calls with NOTHING, ZILCH.
- HOWEVER, a lot of people may try to blow you off, or they will lie to you and promise up and down to get on a call or to consider a proposal and then you never hear from them again or worse they block your number when you text for a followup
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Don't take it personally, nothing is personal- they're not rejecting you just the offer or "salespeople" in general. It also helps to get a "trinket" like a hat or something to wear ONLY while doing cold calls and to throw it off the moment you finish to help you discard some of the negative energy and stress.

Best of luck, people always say SMMA is saturated but some other guy here in october blindly cold e-mailed about 50 chiropractors offering fb ads and got 3,000$ in signs ups his first week. Luck is in the cards, may the odds be in your favor.

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Aug 14, 2022
End of Week 1

I'm going to have some take some accountability and say for the past week I didn't get much done, I procrastinated and didn't get any sales. This is entirely my fault and this is why this thread is important for me so I can keep myself accountable.

It sucks that I didn't reach this weeks goal but it's not worth to dwell on the past and instead its better to not make the same mistake next time and just keep going.

From now on I'm going to stop wasting my time on distractions and just fully focus and lock in on this business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.