The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Execution ? on financing an import

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
I have a product I am looking to import, but it will cost! How would you finance and import product? Purchase order then take to a bank or factoring company, or bring on an investor? Problem is you im not sure you can presell effectively on imports; most wholesalers want 30-60 days for payment. How do you get around this. I could start small and self finance but if it takes off you gotta a pickle.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Start small and self finance. If it takes off... you can solve the problem at that time.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
Are you planning on selling direct to the customer or to other distribution channels.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Ok financing issue is solved I believe; purchase order financing will be my initial form of financing. I will be marketing this product to wholesalers, still working out the details and proper channels.

One question, if the distributor asks for an order of say 10,000, are they typically willing to wait for me to get it from overseas? I’m not loading myself up on product, I need to do some market testing and see how its going to move. What would you tell the wholesaler? Its on backorder? Could take 60 days to receive the product; im guessing this is not unusual to hear for the wholesalers?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.