The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FEEDBACK PLEASE - Anti School..

Idea threads

Lee James

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 3, 2023
U.k.
Hey legends, I hope you're all really well!

Please forgive the to-the-point nature of the below, I just want to bring you up to speed asap to allow for feedback on a new value-add that we are looking to get initial feedback on. Feedback on all or any of the below with brutally honest responses is both super welcome and appreciated!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LAST 3 years (in a nutshell)

- Built up an entertainment agency over 7 years + was not prepared for Covid = lesson learned

- Lost offices and staff and was as close to bankruptcy as you can be

- Set up new co in lockdown (TOUGH!!!) focused on helping businesses to prevent what I had just gone through happening to them

- Now 2 years in, best month so far (Oct 2022) we helped over 2.5k UK business = £240k revenue @ 79% profit margin

- We've created a flywheel for that part of the business BUT the set up relies solely on 100% concentration of another business (i.e. does NOT hit the Control Commandment by a long shot) so we are using this time to build out a) something we have full control over & b) something we believe will add serious value to so many people

OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS
- I have spent a considerable amount of my life lecturing in colleges and universities, education is EXTREMELY dear to my heart

- I think the majority of the education system is f*****g ridiculous and needs a hard disrupt

NEW IDEA (also in a nutshell - again, there's a lot more to it than the below, but for MVP & initial feedback purposes...)
- Online academy that teaches individuals a mixture of self-development/mindset, entrepreneurship, health/fitness/nutrition, and relationships in an easy to adopt way, taught by people that have actually done what they are teaching and without the eye-watering course fees and failure associated with higher education

- Like a school but with math's that you'll actually use <P&L, balancing books, how to work out when the supermarket/insurance company/bank is screwing you over>; PE that will actually get you healthy & ripped <no joke, my PE teacher at school was super overweight and we only had one session per week>; Geography that will get you travelling etc etc)

- Demographic: 16-25 primarily with 'any age' overspill (same as college/Uni).

- Branding: disruptive AF!!!

- Monetisation: Subscription model + PPV courses (buy it now)

- Global opportunity? We aim to create courses that are a) easily translatable & b) mainly feature animated and interactive content so we can help people globally without unnecessary costs and resources

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** After extensive internet research across the UK, US, AU, and EU the team and I are yet to find anything that doesn't either reek of money-grabbing, or isn't part of an old school .Gov type set up. We have been surveying young adults and asking them the simple question: What would be one thing you would take full advantage of and pay for if it was readily available to you that you think would help you to succeed with your life goals? And noticeably the main feedback we have received so far is a mixture of:

1. I want to know how to 'get out'
2. I don't want to end up like my parents
3. I want to know how to run a business
4. I want to be fitter/healthier and know how to maintain it
5. I want accountability (i.e. I know what to do but I'm rubbish at getting it done)
6. I want to know how to be happy and/or strengthen my mind

We believe we have the experience, knowledge, and caring to build a platform that caters for these individuals and gives them the opportunity to grow and be nurtured with minimal cost and maximum results. I'll stop here as I could go on for ages...

Again, any truthful feedback on any or all of the above will really help us to deliver something we believe will be extremely liberating and beneficial for a generation that have been brought up on a massively broken system.

As always, thanks MJ for opening my eyes all those years ago, and thanks for any of you reading this! If there's anything I can help you with just drop me a DM. I'll document some of the biggest lessons learned for me over the coming months and hopefully they will save some of you blood, sweat, and tears on your journey's...

Big smooch,

Lee

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey legends, I hope you're all really well!

Please forgive the to-the-point nature of the below, I just want to bring you up to speed asap to allow for feedback on a new value-add that we are looking to get initial feedback on. Feedback on all or any of the below with brutally honest responses is both super welcome and appreciated!

LAST 3 years (in a nutshell)

- Built up an entertainment agency over 7 years + was not prepared for Covid = lesson learned

- Lost offices and staff and was as close to bankruptcy as you can be

- Set up new co in lockdown (TOUGH!!!) focused on helping businesses to prevent what I had just gone through happening to them

- Now 2 years in, best month so far (Oct 2022) we helped over 2.5k UK business = £240k revenue @ 79% profit margin

- We've created a flywheel for that part of the business BUT the set up relies solely on 100% concentration of another business (i.e. does NOT hit the Control Commandment by a long shot) so we are using this time to build out a) something we have full control over & b) something we believe will add serious value to so many people

OTHER IMPORTANT POINTS
- I have spent a considerable amount of my life lecturing in colleges and universities, education is EXTREMELY dear to my heart

- I think the majority of the education system is f*****g ridiculous and needs a hard disrupt

NEW IDEA (also in a nutshell - again, there's a lot more to it than the below, but for MVP & initial feedback purposes...)
- Online academy that teaches individuals a mixture of self-development/mindset, entrepreneurship, health/fitness/nutrition, and relationships in an easy to adopt way, taught by people that have actually done what they are teaching and without the eye-watering course fees associated with higher education

- Like a school but with math's that you'll actually use <P&L, balancing books, how to work out when the supermarket/insurance company/bank is screwing you over>; PE that will actually get you healthy & ripped <no joke, my PE teacher at school was super overweight and we only had one session per week>; Geography that will get you travelling etc etc)

- Demographic: 16-25 primarily with 'any age' overspill (same as college/Uni).

- Branding: disruptive AF!!!

- Monetisation: Subscription model + PPV courses (buy it now)

- Global opportunity? We aim to create courses that are a) easily translatable & b) mainly feature animated and interactive content so we can help people globally without unnecessary costs and resources

*** After extensive internet research across the UK, US, AU, and EU the team and I are yet to find anything that doesn't either reek of money-grabbing, or isn't part of an old school .Gov type set up. We have been surveying young adults and asking them the simple question: What would be one thing you would take full advantage of and pay for if it was readily available to you that you think would help you to succeed with your life goals? And noticeably the main feedback we have received so far is a mixture of:

1. I want to know how to 'get out'
2. I don't want to end up like my parents
3. I want to know how to run a business
4. I want to be fitter/healthier and know how to maintain it
5. I want accountability (i.e. I know what to do but I'm rubbish at getting it done)
6. I want to know how to be happy and/or strengthen my mind

We believe we have the experience, knowledge, and caring to build a platform that caters for these individuals and gives them the opportunity to grow and be nurtured with minimal cost and maximum results. I'll stop here as I could go on for ages...

Again, any truthful feedback on any or all of the above will really help us to deliver something we believe will be extremely liberating and beneficial for a generation that have been brought up on a massively broken system.

As always, thanks MJ for opening my eyes all those years ago, and thanks for any of you reading this! If there's anything I can help you with just drop me a DM. I'll document some of the biggest lessons learned for me over the coming months and hopefully they will save some of you blood, sweat, and tears on your journey's...

Big smooch,

Lee
If you can manage to make this a actual school like programm that is not another hustlers university/"mastermind"/whatever else youd be solving a huge problem.

Creating something like this is also a goal I have for the future when im more fit to teach young men.
I love the idea and hope to see you succeed and actually accomplish the goal of building a helpful and affordable platform for young men.

Lee James

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 3, 2023
U.k.
If you can manage to make this a actual school like programm that is not another hustlers university/"mastermind"/whatever else youd be solving a huge problem.

Creating something like this is also a goal I have for the future when im more fit to teach young men.
I love the idea and hope to see you succeed and actually accomplish the goal of building a helpful and affordable platform for young men.
Thanks brother! Appreciate the love and feedback. The idea is 100% NOT to be another hustler's Uni. The idea IS to make meaningful and affordable education available to everyone where the results prove its worth.

I've been on both sides of the education system (student and lecturer) and there's so much wrong with it. I actually fell into it as a way to pay the rent between tours (musician by trade) and found I actually really loved teaching. The funny thing was the other tutors where I worked had rarely done anything other than gone to school, then college, then obtained a teaching qualification from uni and then got into teaching themselves - MAD!!! Hopefully we can put a stop to that :)

How are you?

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Thanks brother! Appreciate the love and feedback. The idea is 100% NOT to be another hustler's Uni. The idea IS to make meaningful and affordable education available to everyone where the results prove its worth.

I've been on both sides of the education system (student and lecturer) and there's so much wrong with it. I actually fell into it as a way to pay the rent between tours (musician by trade) and found I actually really loved teaching. The funny thing was the other tutors where I worked had rarely done anything other than gone to school, then college, then obtained a teaching qualification from uni and then got into teaching themselves - MAD!!! Hopefully we can put a stop to that :)

How are you?
Im doing fine with things. Been busy with preparing a 90 minute songwriting lecture for my class so business has been slow for me.

Lee James

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 3, 2023
U.k.
Im doing fine with things. Been busy with preparing a 90 minute songwriting lecture for my class so business has been slow for me.
Nice, enjoy the class mate and good luck with the business :)

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Nobody wants to learn

They want to go to college and get the paper that says they can get a job and they want to drink beer and hit on chicks.

And if you’re going to teach people money, fitness, and traveling then you better be a well traveled rich jacked dude or else don’t do it.

Lee James

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Feb 3, 2023
U.k.
Nobody wants to learn

They want to go to college and get the paper that says they can get a job and they want to drink beer and hit on chicks.

And if you’re going to teach people money, fitness, and traveling then you better be a well traveled rich jacked dude or else don’t do it.
Haha thanks for the feedback mate, I hope all is well at your end!

I don't wholeheartedly agree though, a lot of people want to learn :)

Some people want to coast hard, but that in itself is a biproduct of a shitty education system set-up IMO. From our experience and research though, most people want a lot more out of life, they just get broken down over years of having to do the usual 99%'er school > college > uni >mortgage > diiiiiiiiiie and/or having been brought up like that by parents/peers/mass media etc

And loooool, maybe you missed some of what I wrote - that's the point, sessions would only be constructed and delivered by people that have serious experience in what they are teaching. FYI I am well traveled, rich, and jacked though ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.