The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding employees abroad for remote job.

Mr_G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 18, 2020
How do I find potential employees abroad, for a remote part time job? Preferably with a specific profession/education or even students of specific subjects?
My brainstorming comes up with scrolling LinkedIn profiles and DM (direct message) persons in question, post LinkedIn Ads, DM Facebook profiles, post Facebook ads?
Make youtube videos??

How can I use influencers that are in my niche?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
How do I find potential employees abroad, for a remote part time job? Preferably with a specific profession/education or even students of specific subjects?
My brainstorming comes up with scrolling LinkedIn profiles and DM (direct message) persons in question, post LinkedIn Ads, DM Facebook profiles, post Facebook ads?
Make youtube videos??

How can I use influencers that are in my niche?
@Mr_G searching LinkedIn is probably your best bet. Established companies use it. Xing is a similar option in Germany but has less reach; one of my German entrepreneur friends thinks it's dying. I'm not sure about other countries but at this point in time LinkedIn and Facebook are the ubiquitous social media platforms.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Upwork is about as straightforward as it gets.

Mr_G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 18, 2020
Upwork is about as straightforward as it gets.
Thanks. Just out of curiosity...does Upwork get paid for every new client? Does Upwork make the money transaction more secure? Why do customers stick to the Upwork platform instead of calling the person that will do the job directly and not through Upwork?

Mr_G

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Apr 18, 2020
@Mr_G searching LinkedIn is probably your best bet. Established companies use it. Xing is a similar option in Germany but has less reach; one of my German entrepreneur friends thinks it's dying. I'm not sure about other countries but at this point in time LinkedIn and Facebook are the ubiquitous social media platforms.
Thanks. Any idea of how to reach students? I guess I would contact a university and see if they have a student list.

One one hand...my customers wants me to have employees so they can be served,...but on the other hand my employees wants me to have customers so they can have a job...as of today I have none :)

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Thanks. Just out of curiosity...does Upwork get paid for every new client? Does Upwork make the money transaction more secure? Why do customers stick to the Upwork platform instead of calling the person that will do the job directly and not through Upwork?

There's a $4.95 new contract initiation fee paid for by the client. Upwork then takes 10% from the freelancer side for all income earned.

Yes, Upwork handles billing really well. They act as an escrow service.

People stick to the platform because it makes life easier. Not having to worry about billing, being able to manage all of your freelancers in one place, hire on-demand, etc. Sure, freelancers try to contact potential clients off-platform, but it's forbidden. The downside of a permanent ban is worse than just playing by their rules. Freelancers and clients can move off platform after two years anyways.

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Thanks. Any idea of how to reach students? I guess I would contact a university and see if they have a student list.

One one hand...my customers wants me to have employees so they can be served,...but on the other hand my employees wants me to have customers so they can have a job...as of today I have none :)
Universities in Europe most likely cannot provide you student lists, as it would run afoul of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) [one of the only good things about living in Europe, in my opinion].

When you search LinkedIn, you may be able to include the names of universities you find suitable and use that to screen results. LinkedIn Premium may have additional useful features that could help you.

Good luck finding folks. Europe is having the same labor problems as the US is. No one wants to work for minimum wage. You may have better luck in places like the Philippines. My friends there taught me the term "BPO" or "Business process offshoring." They're quite accustomed to it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.