The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

getting into the /process

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 14, 2012
just finished the html course on codeacademy
My next step is to learn CSS and then java. I then aim to get a job in software development within 2 years, so i can discern any market needs and gain the necessary experience and start my business.
Anyone else learning code ?
any good websites you guys would recommend ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser2

are you kidding me?
I then aim to get a job in software development within 2 years, so i can discern any market needs

your learning code to discern market needs?

back away from the keyboard.

go around and ask 50 business people this question,

"what is the most frustrating part of your business? what are your biggest bottle necks?"

that will give you more NEEDS based research in 1 hr, than you can get being a code monkey behind a keyboard.

THEN figure out how to go about solving that need/bottleneck/problem, and the process will take you from there.

Z

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
495%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
X2 Zen. 2 years to 2 days of stuff, are you serious?

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Guys he is 16 and he just joined the forum last month, give him a break.

Breaks are for the weak and poor! :D

so i can discern any market needs and gain the necessary experience and start my business.

Learning code or working for a software development company will not give you insight into finding market needs (which should be your main goal). Going out, finding a problem, and solving that problem is what makes great software. You could have the most professionally coded software in the world but if it doesn't solve someones needs, nobody will buy it, it's worthless.

You don't need to know a lick of code, just go out, find a problem, get paying customers, and then you will have the cash to source your development to a poor kid working a low wage job at a software development company.

We aren't telling you what to do, maybe you want a low paying job at a software development company, but getting that job will not help you to get rich and will infarct hurt your chances of success (success in this case becoming wealthy).

(P.S. I am your age, so it is not impossible to start your entrepreneurial ventures before you turn 18)

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
The more you learn about a process like programming the better you can understand needs and how to solve them that use that process. Becoming a jack of all trades and then applying the skills into a business is not a bad way to go. At least if you're hiring someone to do a job you will know what to expect from that person.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 14, 2012
sorry didnt see the age, I guess I was treating you like a grown up.

but maybe he wanted that?

Yes I diiid !

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 14, 2012
thanks mike your absolutely right
you guys are saving my a$$

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Okay, so you're 16 and have no idea what you really want to do.

Perfect.

(Re)-read the Millionaire Fastlane and get to practicing your need-finding skills.

How do you do this? By following zen*******'s advice.

If you can do anything for a business or consumer to either (a) cut expenses or (b) increase revenue, then you've got a viable need.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 14, 2012
Breaks are for the weak and poor! :D)
I like :D

find a problem, get paying customers
Sorry if its a silly question and tell me if it is lol :confused: but how does one get paying customers before you have anything materialized ?
my idea is based on a content based subscription website

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
Sorry if its a silly question and tell me if it is lol :confused: but how does one get paying customers before you have anything materialized ?
my idea is based on a content based subscription website

Find some people, pitch your idea to them, find people who say they would pay for said service, give them a 50% off lifetime discount if they pre-pay for X months= profit before development!

Breaks are for the weak and poor!
It's 3:20 A.M. on a school night (wake up 6:30), and I am up working, I can rest when I die :p

D

DeletedUser2

how do you find a customer first when your doing a content site.

ok,

how willing are you to change your approach?

instead of "i think I will do a content site, and hopefully i can figure out later how to monetize it"

how about "let me find where traffic exists already, and try to sell them something, so I can work backwards from the traffic or markets needs instead of my IDEA"

there are a dozen ways to go about this process above. the THINKING differently is what we are challenging you to do.

dont think build it and they will come, instead think, Where are those buggers, and let me go ask them what they want and THEN build what they want....

now, ask better questions, and it will help define the WHAT and the HOW

Z

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 14, 2012
okay

My idea is based on the traditional learning of the quraan, all parents send their kids to mosques to learn how to read it, i was at a relatives house and the kids where just informed that it was mosque time. They started whining and moaning and i thought why not create an online learning medium for them instead of them having to go out to mosque( there is usually one teacher and x students. Students are charged around £5 a week) so they can learn for the same price for the same price with more convenience.

questions i have started to ask are: what would you like on the site and how would you like to be taught ? i.e. one on one classes , video tutorials, written tutorials or audio ?

i also know of two internationally recognized Islamic educational institutions who i have thought about contacting and inquiring as to whether they can promote my site .

Am i thinking productively ?
and what can i offer to the institutions in return for them promoting my site ?

haosmark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 26, 2012
Long Island, NY
zen******* has a point. Whatever you are thinking has most probably already been done, it's true for nearly any business idea out there. Look at what they do, then improve on it.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Oct 14, 2012
I tried a few searches before but i tried again with different names and DAAM there were tons of sites offering tuition via one to one skype calls i was thinking of using a software that allows you to move your mouse over the text and it is automatically read out, and having a forum where teachers and students can arrange their tuition
but.

as far as i know this software doesnt exist and theres alot of websites offering one on one tution im confused =(

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.