The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anyone of you bought a "boring" business? What was your experience?

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
Hi there!

I recently listened to a great podcast that featured an interview with Codie, where they discussed among others buying "boring" businesses. The podcast is fantastic and I gained a lot of knowledge in just 90 minutes.

It covered everything from mindset, execution, general business information, and Codie's intriguing story. Definitely worth it to watch it till the end.

Now, I have a question for you. Have you ever purchased a "boring" business? If so, could you share your process of finding and buying it? Do you think it was a worthwhile investment?

The Podcast can be found here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkxZCJ2pYqs&ab_channel=TheDiaryOfACEO

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brosky

New Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Aug 11, 2015
Lisbon
This lady seems to be everywhere if you're looking to buy an online business.
I've been looking more and more into this, my problem is that I have no experience with SEO and a lot of the cheapest businesses you can buy are content blogs.
I think if you have $50k+ to invest and you buy something legit (look at Empire Flippers), then it's definitely a worthwhile investment. You can get 25-40% on your money.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Dec 9, 2016
I bought several window cleaning routes. +-(7)
To plug in my existing business.

Most of them (5) with seller finance.
The other 2 with a bankloan.

I als bought a vending machine business.
Also with seller finance.
In fact i agreed to buy it and in the first week i made 5k selling old equipment.

It can be done.

Beeing trustworthy and learn how to communicate with sellers is the most important aspect. The most people dont want to sell there baby to somebody that doesnt know sh*t about business. Unless you are paying a lot of money upfront.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
I bought several window cleaning routes. +-(7)
To plug in my existing business.

Most of them (5) with seller finance.
The other 2 with a bankloan.

I als bought a vending machine business.
Also with seller finance.
In fact i agreed to buy it and in the first week i made 5k selling old equipment.

It can be done.

Beeing trustworthy and learn how to communicate with sellers is the most important aspect. The most people dont want to sell there baby to somebody that doesnt know sh*t about business. Unless you are paying a lot of money upfront.
So you started as a businessman and then bought your first business? Or you had a job and then bought it? Thanks in advance for the info!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Dec 9, 2016
So you started as a businessman and then bought your first business? Or you had a job and then bought it? Thanks in advance for the info!
I worked full time as an employee. delivering drinks to cafes, restaurants... hard manual labour. in 2013 I started my window cleaning company part time. handed out flyers, had a (bad) website built. I knew nothing about business. in 2016 i started reading books, fastlane millionaire, e-myth...

i then hired my brother as my first employee as my right hand man. I told him my vision and we've been going for it ever since. now with 10 full time people, father of two and happily with my wife.

how i handled it is when i saw a window cleaner at work i always stopped to have a chat with him. and said that I am always looking for customers to take over. many people do not keep up this work for various reasons. and in this way I have already been able to take over a customer base 7 times. sometimes even very cheap.

it comes down to building a relationship with people and always being very correct with employees, suppliers and even with the competition

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Oct 10, 2022
I worked full time as an employee. delivering drinks to cafes, restaurants... hard manual labour. in 2013 I started my window cleaning company part time. handed out flyers, had a (bad) website built. I knew nothing about business. in 2016 i started reading books, fastlane millionaire, e-myth...

i then hired my brother as my first employee as my right hand man. I told him my vision and we've been going for it ever since. now with 10 full time people, father of two and happily with my wife.

how i handled it is when i saw a window cleaner at work i always stopped to have a chat with him. and said that I am always looking for customers to take over. many people do not keep up this work for various reasons. and in this way I have already been able to take over a customer base 7 times. sometimes even very cheap.

it comes down to building a relationship with people and always being very correct with employees, suppliers and even with the competition
Suoer inspiring! Goed gedaan!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.