The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello and my story!

AJdeGuzman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jan 17, 2023
Australia
Hi!

As you can tell from my username, my name is AJ. I am currently 17 years old and turn 18 in march.

Last year in december, my girlfriend broke up with me and I've just been trying to improve myself both mentally and physically (dont worry im fine lmao). Towards the start of this year, I discovered a youtuber Ali Abdaal and just been binge watching most of his videos. Eventually I found out about The Millionaire Fastlane through him and decided to give it a read. So then I asked my older brother to buy it for me on amazon and it came within a week. Slowly but surely, I began to read it and I've got to say that I have never felt more enganged reading a book in my entire life. I really hate reading. I havent read a single book that I liked in english besides Shakespeare's Macbeth for some reason. But TML has provided me with so much knowledge, hope and a bit of laughs now and then. The reason I started reading TML was because at the time I was just mindlessly scrolling on pinterest and pinning stuff that I wanted and realised how I have no money whatsoever. People say "money doesnt buy happiness," but it really F*cking does . But anyways, this book has made me realise that there is a better way to earn money other than a 9-5 job. My motivation or passion right now for obtaining wealth is to help my parents. Throughout reading this book, it also made me realise how much sacrifice my parents actually put into my life. I just want them to feel financially free, make them travel to places they've never been to before and not having to worry about price tags when buying stuff.

Anyways, enough sad talk. I am really appreciative of @MJ DeMarco for inspiring me! Im definitely going to give your other books a try soon and I hope to learn lots more from everyone at this forum .

So yeah, that's my story so far. Thanks if you read this far lmao.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks AJ, glad to hear you enjoyed the book. Tell your older brother thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...