The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
A topic related to SAAS or APPs

ScreamingClown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 10, 2023
Hey, my name is Thornhill, and I've decided to join the forum to find people with a similar passion for entrepreneurship as myself that I can share views and bounce ideas off of.

I graduated high school a couple years ago and have been working tolerable dead end jobs making coffee ever since. College has been out of the question due to my low income and lack of scholarships. As a young kid I spent way too much time gaming, which caused me to develop an interest in game development and design. I haphazardly slapped together tons of projects as a hobby between the ages of 8 and 13, and ran through videos about game design in my free time. Publishing a game was a dream of mine, ever since I was young. I even remember going to gamestop and trying to give them a game I made to get it put on the shelves.

Eventually, I would branch out more socially at school, which lead to me drifting away from the practice and losing passion for it.

After a directionless gap year, I discovered MJ's writing, which, in conjunction with a game project I've been following for a few years finally releasing to hefty success, has inspired me to commit to game development as a Fastlane, since I have domain experience with it. My current work schedule gives me a fair amount of time to pursue entrepreneurship until I can eventually cut back on my hours/quit. Gamedev seems to be a crowded scene polluted with a self-centered mindset that preaches "following your passion", so it will be interesting going into it with a value skewing perspective.
(To clarify, I'm not doing this because I'm passionate about it, but because I have experience with it.)

I'll post progress updates and ideas from the project frequently, as well as golden tidbits regarding time management, productivity and fitness.

Thank you MJ, your book helped reawaken my dreams and give me a sense of direction.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...