The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do Third Party Companies Purchase Digital Products at Discounts?

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
I'm curious how companies such as cdkeys.com can purchase things at such a low discount and resell them for a profit?

For those that don't know, cdkeys is a site that you can purchase the digital code (aka cd key is what they were called 15 years ago) for platforms such as PS4, PC, Xbox, etc. However, they regularly sell them at much less than listed price.

For example, they sell playstation plus yearly membership cards (regular price from Sony is $59.99) for $30. This is not a once a year deal, I just looked today and it's on sale. They also have a large collection of regular games as well for much lower than retail price. Just found one that is $30 on Steam, on regular sell on cdkeys for $14.

I'm just wondering how? Since this isn't a physical product, I don't see any way to find some wholesaler overseas to mark it up. But they are obviously finding somewhere to get it cheap enough to be able to mark it back up as well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.